Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

• Hi all, I will stop playing the arena on the next season because the only reward is only a statue depending the Rank that you reached during the season. I won`t spend more LC for this reward. So what do you think? I hope your replies. Cheers to all.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

Sure, if only for the daily objectives. I will not abstain from playing, I like a little challenge each day.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’ll play occasionally if I think it’s worth the gold reward. Otherwise, eh, pass.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m not even sure I’ll make it to the end of this season. It’s getting pretty hard and time consuming to complete the daily objectives with so many opponents having maxed-out teams.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I will retire from the tournament, and I play only when new event comes up.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Not sure myself, it can be fun at times. Some of the objectives/mechanics can be really annoying though.

I sadly suspect they’ll be upping the level cap shortly after the end of the season… This is pure speculation though, I base this only on the fact that they upped the level cap after the first season ended. This means everyone is going to have to spend their precious LCs on getting new versions of their legendaries… again… I’m not sure I’m a fan of spending such a rare resource on something that becomes weakened in a few months.

I guess I’ll see if they raise the level cap, if they don’t I’ll probably stick around. If they do I’ll be done.

On the bright side, maybe we’ll get another class (again, base this off of the end of the first season)! Possibly for Chuck? That’d be sweet! :)

Anonymous

Personally I’ll play the Arena forever as long as it’s around. Doing the objectives everyday gives me something to do. I’ll NEVER spend LC on the Arena though.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I’ll play to the end of this season, but I’m increasingly frustrated with it. So much time is spent looking for opponents, and I end up fighting just enough battles to get my objectives. I would be happy if I could fight a third of the opponents, but it ends up being about 1 out of 20, which makes grinding for extra points impossible. I’ll see what the next season holds, but I don’t think I’ll be as competitive as I am this season. I’ve made it to Platinum, and would like to make it to Diamond again (I made it last season, the last couple of weeks) but this week I’ll be lucky if I stay in Platinum.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I’m currently undecided over this. Arena is insanely frustrating, but it Season 3 will be around the summer vacation – yay? – so I’ll have much more time to play. However, the arena has lost its charm, and I’m too busy to be playing Epic daily. But I’m probably in for an event, especially a campaign. In the Stone Guard event, I only had 4 days to collect the materials, due to the glitch which prevented a lot of people from playing Epic. If the glitch didn’t exist, I’d have an entire week to do that. Fortunately, I finished the event third and hit the jackpot.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The good thing about them making the arena fights tougher is that it forced me to look for a different crew of birds to use and I found one that is more effective mainly because I’m not as concerned about trying to get 3 stars every time. I only have 15 of the 30 set items at level 45, but I probably only avoid 1/3 of my opponents until I complete my objectives. The great majority of my opponents are level 45 rank 10 with full sets and usually have the blessed banner set.

mich
    @m-ich

I’m really torn on this. I made it to diamond in the first season and am currently on my second diamond week in season two. Since reaching diamond this time around, I have only been playing the daily objectives. In my first week, my leaderboard was so weak that I even got to rank #1 that way. This week I’m lower, but far from demotion. Still, with no real goal left, I wonder if I will keep up even the daily objectives until the end of the season, let alone work my way up to diamond a third time. I don’t even know if there will be a second trophy, or if there will be no reward whatsoever for reaching diamond again. Not that the trophy or frame were good rewards, but they were better than nothing. Certainly better than just “great, you made it to diamond, now do it again”.

angryde
    @angryde

I only made it to gold in Season-I and am currently in third position on my platinum board. If — and this is a BIG if — I manage to graduate to diamond — and hold my position until the end of week 12 — perhaps then I’ll decide how substantially I’m going to commit to Season-III. Lulz.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Cheaters + Ghosts + Bugs + Level difference = Arena is lame, and even if there is a Season 1,000,000 with a pink Terence, or flying banners, I won’t care !

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Yes. I’ll play , for the most part, to achieve the Daily Objectives and not grind for points to place.

Golden Piggie
    @goldenpig

Talking about arena, what happens if you finish in top 3 in diamond?

Anonymous

@goldenpig Nothing special. Just extra Snoutlings.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@goldenpig if you get first place in Diamond, you also get the “Arena Master” achievement.

Elespejo
    @espejo123

Thanks to all for reply, hope the rewards will better in the future.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I’m still on the fence about season three

angryde
    @angryde

I finally lucked-out and free rolled a LVL:45 ‘Blessed Blanket” today… which I am using in conjunction with a LVL:43 ‘Blessed Idol’ and ‘Ressurection’ emblem. My go-to team is ‘Venomous’ with 45/10 Druid/Rogues/Rainbird equipped with Sweet/Save Me/Reborn (mis-matched from between LVL:40-45). This gives me a cumulative arena score/rank of 807. My opponents are scored/ranked anywhere from 720-980 but the vast majority seem to be in the 870-890 region. I haven’t lost an arena battle in four days… which is a REALLY refreshing change! So, Season-III is looking promising! I’m second on my platinum board with a 10,000 point lead on third. My God, I may actually reach diamond this week… miracle!

Elespejo
    @espejo123

Hey all, are you in diamond league?

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

The Arena has become a joke. If you did not make it to Diamond the first time around you are screwed. The only way I will play season 3 is if they reset everyone back to 0. Games should be fun and the Arena is no longer any fun.

angryde
    @angryde

@cosmicdebris I only made it to gold in Season-I. And I’ve fought my way up to diamond in Season-II. Not easy, but it is doable. And I haven’t spent any real world money.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

In addition, I’m going to try and stay in Platinum League ( I don’t have hours upon hours each day to Grind for first) and get some level 45 items. I luckily picked up a Blessed Blanket today; hopefully there are more level 45 items to follow. It is a heck of a lot easier to battle an opponent when you don’t have 4K less points for your Banner.

All I need now is a Resurrection emblem and I’ll be a happy (happier) camper. I jumped from 789 to 820 . I hope this doesn’t mean I’ll only get level 10 Birds and a 15K Banner. Every time.

angryde
    @angryde

@strategia55 I know exactly what you mean… it’s amazing the difference a few lucky roles can make. For me it was a platinum blessed blanket on Sunday and a diamond vengeance emblem on Monday. Just like that… I’m at 825 with over 14,000 health on my banner! I’m winning 80% of my battles with full banner health… and am only avoiding perhaps 1 in 20 teams where a little while ago it was 1 in 5.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.