Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@jim151 I’m really glad that some of the suggestions contained within this thread have aided you! First place! You’re definitely on your way!

Out of interest, which emblem are you using? I find that the ‘Vengeance’ emblem, when paired with ‘Reborn’ and ‘Save Me’ sets for Wizard and Rogues, strikes a nice balance between progressive degen and ‘offensive’ defense – i.e. ‘sacrificing’ a bird per turn for the explosive damage… prior to the application of degen at the beginning of your opponents round.

This is a good way to make even a highly defensive team like ‘Venomous’ more offensive… while still retaining its awesome emergency healing capabilities!

Elespejo
    @espejo123

Hey something strange happened on my leaderboard. Yesterday I found a cheater taking the first spot with 10000000 arena points and now today, the cheater is gone. Is Rovio removing the cheaters manually?

Sosich
    @so78

@neomerlinmagic Arena Master achievement is bugued … :(

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@so78 Yeah, I have noticed this too. I have contacted Rovio support about it but so far no answer.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Has anyone accidentally, in Arena, deleted a banner or emblem by mistake?

Or is it just me?

I feel like a fool. I accidentally deleted my Platinum Level Blessed Idol. Looks like I’ll be playing arena for awhile in hopes I can get it back.

Edit: FREAKY. I JUST rolled my Arena Banner and received the Blessed Idol. Excuse me while I go play the Lottery.

Putte
    @puttekula

Yup, been there done that. And got it back shortly. Dunno if it is like that. Delete and get a new one back shortly.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I don’t know if I’m just unlucky, but I swear it seems like there’s a much lower chance to get arena set items. Seemed like the weapon sets were about 15% during rainbow riot and I’ve used about 200 lucky coins in arena and only got the guaranteed one for filling up the bar.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

You are not unlucky. They do it on purpose so people will spend more LC.

Mopurglar
    @mopurglar

I agree that the arena can be really tough. Consistently drawing rank 10 opponents when your birds are rank 8 makes it very difficult. I stopped trying until about 2 months ago, when I learned about the wifi trick and was finally able to finish objectives regularly.

Now that I’m in diamond basically due to the wifi trick, I tried giving regular opponents a shot again. It’s actually pretty easy now. I think having a couple of rank 10 birds makes a huge, huge difference.

@neomerlinmagic
    – re: the arena golden pig machine, the odds on set items is ridiculously low for me, too, despite rainbow riot. I waited until I made it to diamond to attempt spending LC on it. After about 400 LC, all I’ve gotten so far is the blazing set, one-half of the sinister set twice, and one-half of the frost (?) set twice. My blessed set is from the stone league.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Now that all level 41 players have returned to their original leagues, the logic of arena has turned into the same logic that was in place in Season 1 :

Diamond: Cheaters + (45) 10-10-10 teams + Score farmers -> Difficulty 10(+)/10
    Gold-Platinum: (37-45) 8 to 10 teams + Downgraded -> Difficulty 8/10
    Bronze-Silver: “Normal Leagues” -> Difficulty 5/10
    Wood-Stone: Parodies of leagues -> 0-score “players” + Players who don’t know objectives + (10-16) 1-4 teams -> Difficulty 0/10

It’s strangely much more useful for level 20-35 players to stay in middle leagues than to try to be promoted, only to be downgraded.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’m staying in Platinum League long enough to grab a couple of good Sets/Banners. Then, I’m out….

burbman
    @burbman

@zackvoyager – Diamond league is not all cheaters. Here is a pic of my leaderboard. Looks to me like it is full of players who have made it to diamond and are for the most part just staying there to the end.

Leaderboard 5-28-15

angryde
    @angryde

@zackvoyager I agree with @burbman as I have never ‘cheated’ and/or exploited in the Arena… and I have had no problems reaching or remaining in the diamond league. And I’ve had no obvious, outrageous cheaters on any of my boards for a good 5 weeks. Even then, there was only ONE suspicious character on that particular board… so second and third were still up for grabs.

However, I won’t deny that 95% of the people populating my most recent boards have been 45/10-10-10 with complete 41-45 epic weapon sets + platinum/diamond banner sets and emblems.

As for grinding… well, that’s just part of gaining or maintaining your position on ANY board. I admire folks who can rack-up 20,000 trophies in 24 hours!

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@burbman ChikaMirko’s ghost is on my board! I was wondering why he/she wasn’t pushing me too hard for first. Hahaha!

Ghost.jpg

angryde
    @angryde

@neomerlinmagic I wish I was on your board, dude! I’m barely holding on to fifth place – and I’m at 63000!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@zackvoyager the diamond league is certainly not full of cheaters. I have never cheated. I reached diamond in the first season in about week 10 and this season in week 7. In both seasons I would have reached it in week 6 but for cheaters many of those were eliminated after season 1. Season 2 is much cleaner and although I seem to have 1 sometimes 2 cheaters each week. There are 13 or 14 honest players in the league. There must be hundreds of leagues each week it’s rare for anyone to post they have an honest league players just complain about cheats and since those complaints are fewer and fewer so must be the cheaters.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@angryde Yeah, I believe I’m in a “ghost” league this week. Only 5 with scores and the rest are zeros. I’m not complaining. It’s nice to be able take an easy week now and then. Some weeks I’m struggling to keep from being demoted. I had @snarky last week and he pulled the top spot up over 120k. Needed over 35k to keep from being demoted.

angryde
    @angryde

@neomerlinmagic Hey, dude, everyone deserves an ‘easy’ week… the constant grinding to avoid demotion can be utterly draining! Enjoy it!

On a sad note, it seems that two cheaters have emerged on my board. In the last 12 hours we’ve had two players jump to 170000 and 150000.

The next honest pair are 90000 and 85000… with me and another individual hovering at around 65000 (we keep trading fifth and sixth place). The rest of the pack are evenly spaced… with the bottom three all basically tied at around 26000.

It seems that my run of clean boards has ended!

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@so78 Got lucky and recieved the Arena Master achievement, even though it’s known to be buggy.

Arenamaster.jpg

burbman
    @burbman

@neomerlinmagic – I have not had a problem with the arena master achievement, It is top of the flock that has been buggy for me. Still don’t have it even though I have finished first in my league many weeks. Also did not get the under the cloud of night achievement after the last ninja event. Only two I do not have.

Putte
    @puttekula

What is that? I won Diamond last night. Havent got that…

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@puttekula
    Are you using Android? If so, check Google Games.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I have finished ALL achievements (100%) including “use them all”.
    I am ABE veteran now.
    null
    null
    null
    null
    null
    null
    null

Putte
    @puttekula

@mingkee27 Nope, so thats the reason…

Sosich
    @so78

@so78 Got lucky and recieved the Arena Master achievement, even though it’s known to be buggy.

@neomerlinmagic
    i also have it. It was not bugued is season 1. i’m at 97% i need “Chef du troupeau” (finish a league in the first place) it’s bugued too. :(

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.