Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 1,401 through 1,425 (of 3,189 total)
  • Replies
  • CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

@mofavo I learned that when I see a protection bird banner I do not use that bird in my line up. Since doing so I haven’t gad that crash

MineCrafter9500
    @thatguy

@alhassan-halawani

1. Not a bug. It’s just th le gane trying to connect to the server
    2. Notice the ‘inserting audio in memory’ it will start playing after that
    3. Slow internet connection
    4. New contents- longer loading
    5. A bug alright

Event:
    1. My medals has been reseted too
    2. Also a bug (either the game or tge ad, or both)

And can someone comform that the reseting bug also happens at leagues?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I don’t seem to be getting the free pig machine roll for watching an ad today, and it’s past due.
    [Edit]: Got it 7 min late, and it was an exact duplicate of the one I got from a friend 8 min ago. Both lousy BTW.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’ve seen multiple posts about ABE freezing during game play. Has anyone experienced a moment the game doesn’t “freeze” but none/some of the buttons work? You can see the game’s animation , ie characters moving , but all/some of the game’s buttons don’t work; forcing a restart. This happens during game play too and makes for more than a few arena losses.

I’m wondering , a freeze, player’s refer to this happening too?

goochrules
    @goochrules

Most of the fights against a protection banner will bug out the ability of my birds to attack.

With red, yellow, black on my side vs. red, yellow, white with a red protection banner on their side, on the first round I attacked yellow w/ chili, then red vs. yellow (killed yellow), then black vs. banner and the “protection by red” message appeared. On the second round I was able to attack yellow vs. red (killed red), red vs. white (killed white), but I cannot drag the blue circle under black at all. Only their banner remains.

At this point the only thing to do is to quit the match, or the app, and lose the match. This (or similar) has happened every time I have faced a protection banner.

playing on iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Also glad to see I’m not the only one with the event medals bug. Too bad I was stupid enough to use 20 stamina potions this morning to run up my score. I just had 5510, and had just won 270 more when the game crashed. Came back to ZERO medals.

So, I guess I’ll just play for stamina drinks, assuming those don’t reset as well. I guess the person with the best uptime toward the last day will win, with 6000 mastery points (on the wheel) at stake, no less. Really could have used those as I try to get from 9 to 10 on mastery, and I have never rolled less than three stars for that in events (only got second place once, in fact). Oh well.

Rovio, you really need to get your act together. Arena battles are well nigh worthless (because whoever attacks first is very, very likely to win especially if they have a mastery advantage) and now Events don’t work. And the whole app still doesn’t run on my ASUS Memo Pad 7, a platform where it had been running fine for MONTHS. Here’s a quick idea to fix each issue, respectively:

— In arena battles, do not allow first round knock outs. Everyone gets to hit with all birds, and they can be knocked out AFTER the entire first round is done. Too easy, and it would alleviate some of the arena battle unfairness.
    — Get your act together and learn how to program. There is absolutely no excuse for Event medals to reset every time the game closes. Jesus wept.
    — Get your act together and learn how to program. There is no reason an update should completely stop the game from loading on a tablet where it has run fine up until this point — I don’t care if arena fights were added. Do some testing and make sure you don’t break more than you fix/enhance. Programming 101.

Really no point in playing ABE at the moment. This is a fiasco.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@strategia55 This happens to me A LOT. What I usually do is go back to home screen and then into Epic again, this usually reenables the buttons. I know some lower-RAM phones will kill Epic once you background it though, so if your ROM (assuming if Android) supports locking of apps in memory, lock Epic first.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Yes, Rovio is aware of both issues:
    • “Holiday” event resetting
    • Lone-wolfing in the PvP leaderboard

Adolf Stalin
    @adolf-stalin64

1. FLOATING CHESTS in the Chronicle Caves do not work. When I entered into the cave, the graphic of floating chest was there. But after 1 or 2 second, it disappears. I haven’t been able to click on any floating chest since the new update.

2. Maltida with Druid headgear: the numbers for the regrowth ability are not correct. For example, on the description, it says it heals target for 390 and others for 177 (lvl 41, mastery level 7). My team has Red, White and the Blues (in this order). If the target bird is red, red gets healed for 389 (but not 390 as on the description) and others for 177(correct). If the target is other, red get healed for 176 (but not 177 as on the description) and others for the correct numbers.

burbman
    @burbman

@adolf-stalin64 – I have had the same issue with the Chronicle Cave chests, If I exit the cave and re-enter a few times, I can eventually get the video to play and get the rewards, but it is definitely bugged.

The second issue is probably more about rounding than an actual bug. For Example, I currently get a discount of 26.5% in the Dojo, The individual upgrade buttons read 73 Snoutlings, but when I purchase, half the time I get charged 73, and half the time 74. I am pretty sure the game stores our information including decimal points, but only shows whole numbers on the screen.

SirCrappySpins
    @sircrappyspins

2 Major bugs I’d like to report – Both related to the new PVP arena battles:

1) Arenas battles lock up randomly. I think it occurs if you try to do an action before another action is fully animated. Like attacking with Chuck before Red’s animation is over. But, it could just be random. At any rate, this has happened to me 3 times now, and each time the only remedy is to abort the battle and this causes you to take a strike against your 3 losses.

2) When I was promoted to stone league after coming in 2nd place last week, I noticed I am the only one on the leader board. I thought maybe it was just because it was still early in the competition, but a day later, still I am the only one on the leader board. It’s a lot more fun with people to compete against :( When I was in Wood League last week, there were like 20 other players competing.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

(2) is already mentioned above as temporary.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

The arena event leaderboard issue seems to have been resolved.

Chris Higgins
    @chris-higgins-71465

So if Chuck is protecting the flag, and you attack Chuck, it freezes that birds actions. The only solution I’ve found is if you use your own Chuck to launch the frozen bird, it will unfreeze them. If you’re not using the right hat however, you’re out of luck…

BrighteyesLC7
    @brighteyeslc7

Very frustrating. I just wanna kill some piggies!! I’m on iPhone btw. Let us know if anyone finds a fix!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon — Do you have a link to the Epic website with the message?
    Signs of progress: My game was reset once Sat, and once Sun, This morning already twice. :p

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Just an update on resets, etc (as far as events go…)

I recorded all of my stamina and event related stats, and force-quit the game (on an iPhone 4). Got back in, and lo and behold, everything was still there, and I was on the same leaderboard!

So, I played some more, and was even going to burn some stamina potions and try to get a higher score, but I decided to force quit again now that I was at 0/15 stamina in my queue.

Force-quit ABE, got back in, and bam, down to 10 medals on a different leaderboard. I had been on a board with 2005 medals where number one had over 6000, now have 10 medals where the leader has over 2000. Differential-wise, I actually gained ground. *smile*

It seems to me that our “leaderboard ID” is swapping around. Perhaps they keep track of where you are with a special event ID rather than attach your event stats to your full-on user ID. Stuff that attaches directly to user ID (stamina in queue, stamina potions, etc.) is safe, but event medals and position on a board (heck, the determination of what board you are even on) is resetting/randomizing from time to time.

I just hope they let us know if and when they get this sorted on the server side (if it can even be sorted from the server side) so that we know when we can play in earnest and try to work our way up our current board. Because it appears to be inconsistent even as far as if and when it does in fact reset you.

At this point, I am betting Rovio wants to forget version 1.2.1 every existed. Should have tested a bit more and released 1.2.2.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

PS. I also think this is related to when “presents” drop around the island. Every time I reset to a different leaderboard, I find the presents all over the island again. It’s like being dropped onto a new board makes the game thing you are just starting the event, and all the little packages re-appear all over the place.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I wouldn’t be using any of my saved up stamina drinks or friendship essence just yet.

The rovio epic website address is
    http://epic.angrybirds.com/
    The news is at the bottom of the page

{Admin Addition:}

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Thank you @sutekh137 for a post with value. Haven’t seen that in a few days in the Epic forums.

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@amslimfordy I’ve noticed that my post listing the crashes I got after the update/network loss is gone. I take it frustrated bug posts aren’t welcome?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@inimical All information in your post has been mentioned before. There was no new information. We are aware (and Rovio has publicly announced) that server work is actively occurring. Obviously all games that have active Internet and server contact will be experiencing bugs.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@amslimfordy

You are welcome. We’re just frustrated, not so much at the bugs but at the extent of how much worse the bugs are from version to version this time…I’ve never seen this level of issues in any AB game, especially not in things that were working fine before now being broken (and I’m still pretty non-plussed about the game not running at all on my Android tablet — that really burns).

But yeah, I settled down and decided to try to be a little more constructive. *smile* Trying to get into the holiday spirit! (Mind you, that’s easier for me because I don’t spend $$$ on the game — if I did it might be harder to banish my inner Scrooge…)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Kazoot
    @kazoot

I have a new problem that is not listed here. I went to the arena this morning and all of my objectives have been reset however it shows that I have lost three battles today. I have not played any battles today. Tried again after 30 minutes and still can not play any arena battles. Tired of having problems with arena battles. It seems that every day there is a new problem.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@kazoot

I am getting the sneaking suspicion that player IDs on the event and arena boards are simply screwed up. If you are seeing that you fought battles, it is as if you’ve stepped into someone elses shoes — the same thing that would explain what has been going on in the event boards.

Just a few minutes ago I had a “Reconnect” error, and when I came back, presents had dropped. I checked the event boards, and I was in first place with just 485 points (no board switch has ever happened to me without a game restart IIRC, and this was not a restart). So, might we be looking at a full reset of the event with everyone starting over, perhaps things being fixed? I’m not burning stamina just yet, as the news on the Epic page has not stated anything new yet. *fingers crossed*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

PS. Just had a weird thought… I wonder if arena boards and event boards are getting intermixed in terms of placement IDs… Arena stuff was just introduced in 1.2.1, and this is the first event we are seeing that is now running at the same time as the arena stuff continues. If their “leaderboard” system did not take that into account, that could be what is causing mixed keys. I’m sure we’ll never know, but it is fun to speculate…

PPS. FWIW, I restarted Epic and came back in, and still had my same score and more folks had joined me in the low-scoring leaderboard. Stability? Not sure, but it looks promising…

PPPS. Nope, just got reset to zero again. I’m going to stop posting now and just wait until we hear anything on the Epic News reel…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

With all the screwups:
    1. I stopped doing Dungeons. It’s a PITA to figure out which Dungeon is open, and whether Rovio has bumped the monster power. Forget it.

2. I stopped doing Arena. The opponents have fake flags, and all of the luck depends on who gets to go first.

3. I stopped doing the new event. The score constantly resets, and it’s just too aggravating.

At this point, I’m seriously considering just limiting my play to the daily Golden Pig, free spins and buying Mastery. Why bother with anything else?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 1,401 through 1,425 (of 3,189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.