Where to Get Gifts?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Main post updated with data for a gift in the first scene of a 2-scene level.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@mvnla2
    3 Days ago I did but not since

wrw01
    @wrw01

Started to play Level 9 on 9/27/15 with the goal of getting all birds into the Diamond League. Achieved this goal on 10/19/15. Used Level 9 to farm feathers on both screens. Started this with 2 Birds in the Gold League and 5 Birds in the Azure League. To provide perspective and “beat” the boredom recorded the results of the two screens while playing each game to its natural ending. Did not reset any game, only started each one as a new game.

Starts = 3,674
    Any Box = 5.06 starts
    Blue Box = 9.77 starts
    Red Box = 10.52 starts
    Feather = 14.87 starts
    Spell = 36.01 starts

Total Boxes = 725
    -Blue Boxes = 376
    -Red Boxes = 349
    –Feather Boxes = 247
    —Yellow=44, Red Big Brother=43, White=34, Black=32, Grey=32, Red Bird=31, Blue=26, —Missed Boxes=5 (assumed Feathers only for consistency)
    –Spell Boxes = 102
    —Golden Duck=40, Blizzard=24, Pig Inflator=20, Mighty Eagle=10, Hot chili=8
    Missed getting 5 Red Boxes out of 725 boxes/349 Red Boxes. They were all on the 2nd screen; lower left of structure-2, above left of structure-1 and right of structure above grass-2. Needed to waste some birds to get the right one to destroy these. Learned that lesson a bit to late.

“Droughts” above 10 game starts between Red and/or Blue boxes being issued. Playing both screens reduces the amount of “droughts” when compared to just playing the first screen and quitting/reseting the game.
    11 starts = 16 times
    12 starts = 7 times
    13 starts = 9 times
    14 starts = 7 times
    15 starts = 3 times
    16 starts = 4 times
    17 starts = 6 times
    18 starts = 1 time
    19 starts = 1 time
    20 starts = 2 times
    22 starts = 1 time
    23 starts = 1 time
    24 starts = 1 time
    28 starts = 1 time
    33 starts = 2 times

Playing both screens also produced the following boxes being issued consecutively, back to back (no Droughts between each box):
    2 Blue and/or Red boxes issued = 88 sets
    3 Blue and/or Red boxes issued = 23 sets
    4 Blue and/or Red boxes issued = 3 sets
    There were also numerous occasions where the boxes only had 1 to 4 Level 9 starts between the Red and/or Blue boxes being presented.

Summed the screen number, 1st or 2nd screen, with the box color to see if there was a difference between them or a pattern:
    1st screen = Red boxes = 210 + 2nd screen = Red boxes = 139 = 349
    1st screen = Blue boxes = 208 + 2nd screen = Blue boxes = 168 = 376
    + 418 + 307

Tried to find any pattern/order pertaining to feather box color being presented in the game. About the only conclusion that I can make is that “like colors” are awarded in groups. The groups are usually two of the same color awarded with and without “droughts” between the two like colors. Grey, Red Bird and Big Brother had the most pairs. Yellow had 4 and 3 yellow feather groups. White had 3 white feather groups.

The last bird needed to get into the Amethyst and Diamond Leagues was the Blue Bird. These feathers were very hard to obtain through the Red Boxes (least presented) and also in the Daily Tournaments. If anyone has the same experience with the Blues, be prepared to play a good number of game starts to get another Red Box with Blue Feathers. The other feathers issued between the Blue Feathers ranged from 0 (once) with the highest of 34 colors (once). The range of 1 through 14 where other feathers were issued in-between were the most common. Blue Feathers were the least presented with 26 when compared to all the other feathers, see above.

I have not encountered a Red and/or Blue box on both screens in the same game. After 3674 starts I will assume this situation does not occur.

There was a game version update just about in the middle of collecting data and trying to obtain the Diamond League.
    Pre Update = 1849 game starts
    Post Update = 1825 game starts
    Pre Update = 657 lines of data
    Post Update = 659 lines of data
    Pre Update = Total Boxes = 362, Blue Boxes = 177, Spells = 50, Feathers = 135
    Post Update = Total Boxes = 363, Blue Boxes = 199, Spells = 52, Feathers = 112
    What I noticed, post update, was that level 9 had less destruction which resulted in less points. First screen could have 3 tnt boxes and obtain scores over 100k with the Red Bird and Bomb when “strike” both screens, pre update version. Obtain over 200k very often in the pre update version. After the update 2 tnt boxes mostly appear in the first screen and getting over 100k is very hard with the same bird combination. Was able to obtain over 200k after “striking” both screens probably 5 times with any combination of birds. Have a score of 217,450 that was obtained pre update. Post update could only score 210k+ with any combination that was tried.

Enough stats, I guess. Was going to do post Location of Boxes vs Screen Number vs Box Color & Type but what advantage would that provide to future players?
    Best advice it to keep flinging to obtain your goal what ever that will be.

platium
    @platium

@wrw01

You really take the trouble to compile it! Good!

wrw01
    @wrw01

@platium
    Yes I did and it was fun to see the data build and try to provide some facts for the blue and red boxes. It eliminated the doubt and unknowing of getting the feathers in some what of an established frequency. My goal was to get to the highest league so the data collection was an added bonus for my brain.

Forgot to mention this about Level 9 after the game update. They reduced the number of available birds to fling with the first and second screens. Pre update if one would strike both screens at the end of the game you could end with 9-10 birds. After the update this was reduced to 7-8 birds. I have a theory that behind the scenes a player was provided extra points for the more birds remaining and also the less birds utilizes. Along with the reduction in tnt boxes this might be why getting over 210+k is very difficult now. Just a theory for now.

platium
    @platium

@wrw01

I know that a strike or birdie gives you bonus points.

But remaining birds left I am not so sure.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@platium
    I am not sure either but trying to explain the lower scores after the update comes from 2-3 different areas. Reducing the tnt boxes is one for sure. Mentioned it was a theory about the number of birds remaining because I have zero evidence proving either way. The third area is the reduction in destructive power for the birds themselves. Not sure this is a fact but remember reading it in a post years ago.

Of well, makes for nice conversation. Have a great day flinging.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@wrw01 — I stopped compiling data when I went on vacation. Will incorporate your data later. Very impressive.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@wrw01 — Thought you might be interested in my current bird-stats:
    All birds are in Azure; current points are
    Red 840
    Chuck 330
    Blues 750
    Bomb 595
    Silver 980
    Matilda 1015
    Terrance 800
    Will have to see if order changes. I haven’t been keeping track of feathers offered.

DaiStar Funny
    @minhtuanka

Played Angry Birds level 9 about 12 times and no gifts at all :(

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@minhtuanka — That’s the problem with statistics. Occasionally you get long runs without any presents. See @wrw01’s data above. He actually had 2 dry spells of 33 starts without a present.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

[Edit]: Forget what I said in this post.

CA Mangesh Chitale
    @ca-mangesh-chitale

Not getting red and blue gifts in level 9 and 13 though played it again and again. My version is 2.3.0 In earlier version I was getting gifts. But after update I am unable to do that.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@ca-mangesh-chitale — I haven’t tried 13 recently, but still getting a good number of gifts in 9 in the first scene. I restart if there is no gift in the first scene. Haven’t checked the statistics recently, but I would guess it’s still ~10% of the time. You may have hit one of those awful dry spells.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@andalaybay — This is the thread on where to get gifts.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I know. I’ve read it several times. I’ve also recorded all the other levels in which I’ve found red gifts.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@wrw101

It’s not so much the blues.. I actually got them quickly alongside Matilda to Diamond League. I’m having a real hard time gaining feathers for Silver (1400 feathers needed), Terence (1200 feathers needed) and Chuck (700 feathers needed). Bomb is 400 away and Red is 300. I’m constantly playing level 9 and I’m hitting dry spells. Is it worth opening up premium treasures?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jon3800 — Unless you are independently wealthy AND think AB2 is a good way to burn money, buying premium treasures to level up birds is a waste of time.
    Assuming the list below is the awards available and they each have equal probability, then your chance of getting any feathers is 2/7, and then which bird the feathers are for is also random. I suppose you might not get feathers for birds that are already level 8. (I am not sure this is the complete list)
    100 feathers
    250 feathers
    1 ME (100 gems?)
    2? green guns (?? gems)
    2? peppers (?? gems)
    2 ducks (worth 40 gems)
    2 blizzards (worth 40 gems)

@mvnla2
    Regarding premium chest rewards, it’s not equal chance for every reward. There is a weight on every reward which makes them easier to get than others. I can’t tell you the exact numbers but feathers are much more common than spells. Also there is three types of feather rewards: 100,150 and 250.

furby69
    @furby69

Has anyone else found a chest within a level? Haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. I’m not talking about read gifts but one of those chest you can buy for 80 gems floating inside a level. I picked one up but sadly didn’t manage to finish the level to see what’s in it.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@furby69, I’ve gotten a treasure chest in the same level that I got a red gift. The red gift overrode the treasure chest. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a treasure chest on its own.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@furby69 — I’ve gotten a red treasure chest on a level (the most recent set released), but like you, I didn’t complete the level so don’t know what was in it.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

I got a treasure chest from a level. Content seemed to be the same as the chest you buy for 80 gems (iirc I got 150 feathers from it). That was a few weeks ago and I’ve never seen a chest again after that.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bigbadaboom — 150 feathers from a treasure chest would be excellent if you got that every time. When you buy the chest, you have a good chance of getting 1 or 2 spells, not even worth what you spent.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

Yeah I know. Just spent 480 gems on 6 chests. Got 2x ice-spell, 1x piginflater, 1x chili and finally 2x feathers. Getting all birds to level 8 is going to take some time.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.