Where to Get Gifts?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – Excellent answer! Thorough and clear. Although now I know what it is, I shudder to think about farming, because it reminds me of Carbonite rewards.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Level 116 (Shangham) seems to be a good place to collect feathers.
    I am trying to get three stars there, but in turn I got 100 feathers for two birds in 10 fights.

dpage
    @dpage

Hi, I’ve been recording data for levels 9 and 33 and thought they might be useful to this thread. The way I do it is to restart the level if I don’t see a box in the first stage, so the following data should be interpreted as “trials of first stage”.

For level 9 I played 738 rounds, getting 36 R(ed) and 34 B(lue) boxes, so roughly you’d need to start 20 times for getting a box of a specific colour, or 10 times for getting a box of any colour. Among the 36 R boxes, I got 22 F(eathers) and 13 S(pells) (and 1 unknown as I couldn’t shoot a bird to reach it). There is no significant difference between the chances of R/B boxes (i.e. should be 50-50), or Feather/Spell split (but it looks like you get a feather more often, see next paragraph).

I’ve more data for level 33 since that was the preferred level suggested in this thread. There I played 1,700 rounds, getting 78 R and 64 B boxes (this R/B split is not significant, i.e. consistent with 50-50 ratio). Among the 78 R there are 52 F, 24 S and 2 unknown. The difference here is significant, which means you’re more likely to get feather in a R box. The average number of attempts needed to get a R/B/Any box is 22/27/12 respectively.

The proportions in level 9 and 33 (70/738 and 142/1700) are not significantly different, i.e. these two levels give you roughly the same chances of getting a box.

TL;DR: Level 9 gives you roughly 10% chance of a box of any colour; blue/red ratio seems to be 50-50. There doesn’t seem to be much difference between levels 9 and 33, but of course playing level 9 is a better choice since it only has two stages (so you can finish it off faster when you see a red box).

The spreadsheet here contains the full data. The numbers in the first column are how many trials before I get the box to the right of them. Feel free to use it to your advantage, and let me know if you find something wrong. :)

Achimenes
    @achimenes-crataegus

Just farmed level 9 for a bit.
    40 runs.
    3 blue gifts
    7 red gifts.
    Longest dry run is 16 with nothing. But 3 times got 2 in a row.
    Red gifts were 4 feathers, 3 spells.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@triggerfish @viking @dragonofheart73 @Partshade @achimenes-crataegusmenes @mingkee27 @dpage — Thanks for all the data! I updated the first table in the main post, with a couple of exceptions:

@mingkee27
    –How many red and blue gifts did you get in your 10 attempts on level 116?

@dpage
    — Wow! I am totally impressed by your dedication to farming for gifts. However, I am more interested in data obtained from both levels for the easy levels. I have included some where people only looked at the first level, but your data totally overwhelms the statistics, so I have not included it. I’ll have to have a look at level 33, which 4 levels.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@achimenes-crataegus — See post above. Not sure why your name turned out differently

@dpage
    — Are you combining statistics from Pigstruction with AB@? The levels are quite different. I just tried 6 times on level 33 with no gifts in any stage; not significant compared to your statistics. Don’t have time for more right now.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@mvnla2
    I didn’t really count. I think I fought 20 times and got 3 red boxes (no blue).
    My guess is all random.
    I played 009 about 30 times and I got nothing.

abe-temp
    @abe-temp

@mvnla2
    Hi guys. Thanks for this post! Farming like this when I have some time to kill has really started to level my birds up quickly. Here are my stats for lvl 9 if you want to add them:

Attempts: 110 Blue or Red: 27 Blue: 16 Red: 11

I’ve seen streaks of around 15 with no presents and have gotten 3 in a row a couple times. Seems to be completely random, but set at a consistent frequency.

I have tons of blue presents to give out now :) Feel free to add me through facebook. I have my Facebook account info in my profile. It’s a throw away account I use just for this game.

Thanks again for this farming tip!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@abe-temp — Thanks for the data. Will add in a few days.
    @minkee27 — Will add your data even if approximate for level 116.
    What platform and operating system do you plan on? There does seem to be some difference in number of gifts on each level.

dpage
    @dpage

@mvnla2 Thanks! All data are since worldwide release, and should be applicable to anyone (unless they’ve hidden versions!). On average you’ll need 10 trials, but there are much longer runs. As you can see in the spreadsheet it’s not unusual to not see anything in 30 or more trials (of the first stage). So 6 runs are like 24 total stages/levels and, assuming stages are independent it’s perfectly possible you don’t get anything.

I’ve effectively given up on 33 since level 9 is much more appealing (thanks for your thread!).

It’s more effective to just farm the first stage since you can restart the level much quicker than completing it. But I’d admit it’s kinda boring if you do it for long enough. XD

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Sorry friends, the only gifts I’ve gotten today are red (good for me, bad for you). Just wondering how you all are finding so many gifts. True, I’ve only been farming the 2 stage levels in the main post, and play both levels to get an accurate probability of gifts. I think I’ll switch to probability of finding a gift in the first level.

@achimenes-crataegus
    @others-whose-ABN-names-I-don’t-remember — How do you get so many gifts every day?

Achimenes
    @achimenes-crataegus

I spend a little time every day farming gifts in level 9. I find it’s the fastest level and best chance for red gifts.

kedik22
    @kedik22

I am truly sorry about asking this, but as new FB user, how do I invite friends in order to send gifts?
    Laughing is encouraged!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kedik22 — No laughing here. Lots of us started using FB just to play AB games.
    1) You need to know the FB name of the people you want to invite. There is another thread in this forum where you can ask for friends to play AB 2:

Facebook Friends for Angry Birds 2

2) Once you have a name, open your FB app (you need to install FB app if you haven’t already), and go to the “find friends” page. There is a search box where you can look for the person and send them a friend’s request.
    3) Once they have accepted the request, you should be able to see them when you open a level and click on the invite button on the leaderboard. They may automatically appear on the leaderboard (not sure).
    I’m sure someone will have fun correcting me if I made a mistake.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@mvnla2 – thank you for your response, great advice.
    Already set up my FB account, but do not seem to find anyone.
    Probably ask my 16 year old son for assistance.
    I will algo look up your thread.
    Regards, kedik22

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

How many people think the frequency of gifts, especially in the first scene of levels 8, 9, 11, and 13 has decreased since the update? That would be exactly when I started farming the first level only. : (
    In the last 61 attempts, looking only in the first scene, I have gotten exactly 1 gift (blue in level 13).
    Right now I have the following strings of no gifts in the first level:

level   No gifts    String ended?
    9       30          NO
    11      14          No
    13      16          Yes
    kedik22
    @kedik22

I have been farming yesterday and today, and have got plenty of red and blue gifts.
    Though I have not kept any statistics.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Yeah I’ve noticed a bit of a drop in the amount of gifts I’ve been getting too. Especially level 9.

magsy79
    @magsy79

I don’t know, I’m still doing pretty well in level 9. Got 400 feathers and several gifts just yesterday.

kedik22
    @kedik22

My farming results from level 1 through 14 have diminished drastically since Sunday afternoon.
    I think Rovio got smart on us!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

So far today I have collected 6 gifts from level 9, all red! Yet again good for me; not good for my friends. Gifts in the first scene of level 9 seem to be running ~13 to 15%.

Viking
    @viking

Food for thought, I have had better success receiving gifts if I play my daily arena battle first. Then go back to lvl 9 and go for presents. I am running on average gifts appearing 30% chance. More red than blue. I have more accurate numbers however, I wanted to point out that playing arena first and then replaying lvl 9, I have experienced better results than if I start out playing lvl 9 from the start. Something to consider.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

After playing around, I found level 26 and 186 are ideal locations to get red gift and, sometimes, friend’s gift.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Updated main post.

@mingkee27
    — What is the frequency of gifts in these levels, and are most of the gifts in the first scene, or do you need to play all to find them? If the frequency in the first scene is not significantly higher than in levels 9 and 13, it would be faster just to check the first scene of these levels and only play both levels if there is a gift in the first.
    26 has 3 levels; 186 has 5.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Mine is hacked.
    26 and 186 have gift shows up everytime I play.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.