v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

That’s absolutely nuts! Spending 700 gems per day is just….wow. I usually spend like 10 gems a day for my final run before the challenged ended.

How’s everyone doing in the competition so far? I’m kind of stressed out a bit but still doing fine. Just lacking of sleep (=3=)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I currently have 3150 tokens. Will I be able to win EOP?

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

With 5 days to go 2850 to go for you datguygamer i think so. You already past half way and today isn’t finished yet. But with a average of 570 a day it is possible. Your average now in the first 3 days is 1050 tokens a day you keep that up and you have him within in 3 days.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@zhianjo Today I’m currently in the 1st place. If I win 1000 tokens will it be enough for me to stay in the safe zone?

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

So if you get that 1000 you have at least 4150 tokens and maybe a little more if you reach the next level so it means less then 2000 in 6 days.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@zhianjo So I AM getting EOP. Yay!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Sigh, I screwed up by actually sleeping last night. Didn’t have the discipline to wake up in the middle of the night to run four nodes and then go back to sleep again :(

To punish myself, I spent extra gems to make up for the missed nodes. That’ll teach me for putting sleep and health above winning the game ….

ph
    @ph

@optimuspig At least you had the option. My internet at home is down and I was unable to play from 5:00pm yesterday until 8:00am today when I got to work. Now I will be using gems and every break to play.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Wait, do you actually wake up and THEN go to sleep again? Man, that’s some serious dedication! How many tokens do you have anyway?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@20qmindreader Hahaha, just 608? Unfortunately, I’m always ending up in the most tough groups and the leader in my group has 2861 points (HOW EVEN?). But still, I’ll be winning that bot.

Catrine
    @catrine

Not going to get enough tokens to get new transformer it’s about 2000 too expensive

Booooo

Transformers sopping in the middle of the page glitch is back cost me 2 lives and gained collections

Boooo

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@20qmindreader So how many tokens do you have?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Well I’m getting old, so I usually have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee at least once anyway :p

I’ve come in first in each of Day 1, 2, and 3, but I’ve been extremely lucky in that I haven’t encountered one of those players who spends hundreds of gems each day on re-charges (yet).

As of the end of Day 3, I’m up to 1,000 + 280 + 1,000 + 210 + 1,000 + 360 = 3,850 tokens.

As you can see, I didn’t max out the Challenge on any of those days, because up to that point I’d only spent 30 gems a day (until today, that is).

I don’t expect to keep coming in first though. One of these days I’ll encounter one of those big spenders and I’ll just give up for the day, lol.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Now here’s the thing: I distinctly remember that SnTrooper during the Challenge in C Minor made a comment where he thinks wasting 1000 tokens on accessories is much better than wasting 1000 gems. On paper, that sounds nice BUT in reality in order to get that 1000 tokens people might have wasted 1300 gems. Like for example, we would have obtained Epic Optimus Prime for free if we had unlocked via pigs or mission portals. But since we are not, at minimum we are wasting 30 gems (but let’s be real, the actual number will come way more than that for most players). So, all this method is doing is make players waste gems (and they are definitely being successful at that). Not to mention, the huge ad revenue they are garnering due to so many players from all over the world logging in to their servers to play. What do think, are we always going to get a new robot from these events from now on or do we have a chance at getting bots from portals or spending pigs?

Also, on a different note, you have some serious luck going on there to come first three consecutive days without even completing most daily challenges. For the record though, I currently have 5700 tokens. No matter what happens, I am gonna win that sucker (don’t care a dime about those stupid looking defense based accessories).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

I’m not planning to go after the accessories either.

If I happen to have leftover tokens after getting EOP, then sure, but I’m not going out of my way for the additional 1,000 tokens per accessory. In fact, I may just stop playing entirely and catch up on sleep instead.

Also, keep in mind that the downside of these “Hat” accessories is that each TF can only wear one thing on top of its head.

So if I’ve already got headphones or a different hat that gives a stat boost that’s better than the +8% defense we’re getting from there special ones, then I’m not going to buy it anyway.

For example I already have a “Pilgrim Hat” from the Thanksgiving Challenge for Greyslam Grimlock that gives +10% damage. So I’m not going to bother replacing it with a Dragon Head that gives +8% defense.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Care to upload a picture of this “pilgrim hat”? I didn’t participate in the Thanksgiving Tournament so I don’t know what that is.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Thanks, so that’s the hat. Also I see what you meant when you said that the Thanksgiving challenge was very different from now. So many gems to win….

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

lets hope that a lot of people get EO.

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@zhianjo I don’t think not many people are getting EOP like me unless you’ve all the time and money to play the challenge in order to get it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Thus endeth Day 4.

Mathematically, the conclusion of Day 4 is the first opportunity for anyone to snag Epic Optimus Prime, if they managed to max out at 1,550 tokens each day.

I still have at least one more day to go.

So, has anyone got their shiny new TF?

otter
    @otter

Ok… Now I PO’d!!!!! Just spent the day trying to play this compitition was in first place then with 5 mins to go dropped to second.. By only a few tokens… Then it ends and it puts me at 20th and 0 tokens!!!!!!! After I had already aquired 300+ for this round¡!!!!! WTF!!!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@otter

Oh man, I would be seriously pissed if that happened to me.

You know who to call when this happens ….

sammer48
    @sammer48

This has gotten ridiculous!!! It has not been a competition of skill or strategy but rather a competition to see who wants to spend the most gems. I tried spending a few times but there are always those who then spend more than me. I remember the posts for a player who spent 700 a day (if I remember correctly). Good for Rovio, but perhaps they could just let players buy the TF’s if they wish and let us compete on skill and strategy, not spending!! I play daily, support the game and my fellow nesters, but really frustrated with players who buy the win!!!

wrw01
    @wrw01

I obtained Red as Epic Optimus today. The Prime does not appear in its name.
    Rank at 482-Combaticon with Epic at level 2.
    Using coins and time to upgrade.
    Obtaining Epic released three items in the token exchange: Jetpack=2000, Medallion=2000 and Lion Hat=1000 for Epic Optimus. It does not appear these are Exclusives!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.