The Pig Challenge Thread

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Pig Challenge Thread

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 818 total)
  • Replies
  • Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks @trishohara I looked at pig days but couldn’t find it

@karen68
    will know, she knows everything about Seasons lol!

Good point about the ABO update, but that’s also a money maker, but we can hope Rovio rethinks their decision!!

karen68
    @karen68

@kathy @trishohara Monday’s level was a slightly redesigned Pig Days 1-13.

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks @Karen68  ! I knew you’d know,  being the Queen of Seasons 😉

IrishHeart
    @irishheart

Any words of wisdom for today’s (10/13) pig challenge? I’m hovering around 321,000 which gives me the gold trophy, but I’m tying to get platinum to count towards my challenges goal. I’ve played around with a few different strategies, but the one that has netted me the best scores is this:

Use the power up to drop the 3 TNT boxes, it’s random where they fall.

Use the Telebird, aiming down at about a 5:00 angle towards the first structure on the bottom left; Just before he hits, activate him up in the middle where the hanging stone structure is with the TNT. This takes out the lower left structure, the middle stone structure, and with a little luck with how everything falls takes out the furthest right structure and the hanging gold disc worth 3,000 points.

Then I take the Shockwave bomb bird with the growth potion, and send him up to the top left structure, activating him upon impact with the vertical wood beam and blowing that structure to the right.

Again with a little luck if the far right structure collapsed nicely I can net between 315,000 – 321,000, with the 2 hanging birds added for 20,000.

I’m usually pretty good at figuring out the strategies each week, but I can’t seem to get a solid one with a high score on this one. I know higher scores are possible, as it’s showing others in the 365,000 range.

I feel like I am missing some thing rather obvious, so anyone wiling to share their higher scoring method? I would appreciate it immensely!

Kathy
    @kathy

@irish-heart I pretty much did the same as you,, by no luck, I’m still stuck at bronze! Good luck, if I come up with something better I’ll let you know,, and you the same please.. at least we have a couple days 🐣

IrishHeart
    @irishheart

@Kathy I will go back to it tonight and see if I can figure it out. Hopefully someone will share their flinging wisdom with us!

Kathy
    @kathy

@irishheart glad you saw my note, i didn’t realize there was no dash.

I’ll also try it again later, but yes hopefully someone will post some helpful tips!

alartor
    @alartor

I hit gold and that’s enough for me. Roughly same strat; maybe try to get Telebird to immediately after the top left stuff and hope for debris to tear that one down, and Telebird and rest of debris on to the right hand structures… Also I haven’t tried, but maybe flinging another bird after all else is cleared to the bottom boxes and stuff would rack up more than the 10K bird-bonus points?

Kathy
    @kathy

Same here @alator , sorry @irishead I don’t want to waste any more powerups or time trying for Platinum, i don’t really need it anyway.

i tried reversing the shots and using Shockwave to the upper left structure,, then throwing ala -ka – bam then Telebird to upper left teleport to far right, got me 308k and the Gold, good enough for me..

Good luck all

trishohara
    @trishohara

<p style=”text-align: left;”>This is an old level. If you go back a few pages in this thread you should find a strat for gold and platinum. @irishheart</p>

IrishHeart
    @irishheart

@trishohara  – Thank you, I was unaware of that. I’m just now getting back into playing after a long hiatus, so I’m unfamiliar with the older levels.

@kathy
    and @alartor – The power of whining must have worked last night, because I finally got 330,000 and the platinum trophy. What ended up doing it for me was similar to the strategy I posted above with just a little difference in positioning.

I dropped the TNT boxes first, and then used the telebird with the growth potion. I aimed down at the bottom left structure at about a 5:00 angle, and just before he hit the wood I activated him up inside the upper left hand structure, more towards the top of the inner portion. I then hit the button for the shockwave bird to put him in the sling. When the Telebird activated inside the upper left structure, it took that structure completely out and continued onto the right taking out the hanging middle stone structure, which in turn dropped the gold disc on the right and everything fell onto the furthest right structure, taking it completely out. That left me with a score of 270,000 and with 6 birds (the normal 5 + the Shockwave bird I put in the sling after I activated the Telebird), for a total of 330,000 which gave me the platinum trophy.

So in short, the secret for me was activating the Telebird + growth potion more to the left inside the upper left structure (towards the top) and letting him continue though to the right taking everything out and using the Shockwave bird for an extra 10,000. May not have been pretty or the best strategy, but it got me platinum and that’s good enough for me :)

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@72bungle I already forget how I completed “Four is more” quest. But I believe you need to 4 star those daily pig challenge level. You may contact Rovio as I think there is a bug if you cannot complete it.

72bungle
    @72bungle

@suikyo, thanks; I did ask Rovio, and they said there is a bug, and the “four is more” can’t be claimed until they fix it, “hopefully” at the next update, but no idea when that might happen.

Another odd thing: the last two weekend challenges, I. have thought I would just settle for gold, but played again, without pu’s, only to see my trophy shoot up to platinum for no good reason.  Seems the whole thing is broken.

Kathy
    @kathy

Wow @72bungle Yeppers sounds like it’s totally buggy! that stinks that you can’t claim the crowned eggs until they fix it.

@Gumby
    has one that he can’t ever complete also, the mooncake one ..

Kathy
    @kathy

@karen68 Help again? what it’s today’s level,, it says 2-38, i looked in Pig Days and all the winter episodes, can’t find it..😞

Kathy
    @kathy

Cancel that @Karen68 I got my 4 stars, no matter 🐣

karen68
    @karen68

@kathy it’s Pig Days 2-10. (Not that it matters 🙂)

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks  @Karen68,  maybe it will help someone else🐣

trishohara
    @trishohara

Today’s level is fun, and looks new for me.

I get best results with Red high arcing into the second candle. Then waiting what happens and cleaning up with the other birds

Kathy
    @kathy

Yes @trishohara it looks new,, and it looks fun! i haven’t tried it yet, thanks for the tip 🐣

swellD
    @swelld

I have played this past weekend’s challenge before. Obviously it’s a birthday cake. I cannot find the level anywhere in seasons. Do they have levels that are only in the pig challenge? @karen68?

karen68
    @karen68

@swelld the weekend level is almost always totally new. Sometimes they adapt an existing level, but I didn’t recognize this past weekend’s.

Pig Days 2-10 has a cake in it, but much much smaller.

Ron Jb
    @ron-jb

Does any of you guys face buys while playing this and having youtube app in the background?

Kathy
    @kathy

@ron-jb I’m not quite sure what you mean? an ad and you tube video While your playing screen is up?

I have ads and videos that play sometimes when i hit the pause button to start over ?

ixan57
    @ixan57

@trishohara i know it 7mts later, congratulations on the 600
    Wonder can you help me, having trouble with the egg hunt (get a upgraded egg from the daily levels) on the far right of your top screenshot can’t figure it out. No progress with it at all. Any idea where I’m going wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Pig Challenge Thread

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 818 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.