The Eggspark

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum The Eggspark

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Replies
  • Pinokio
    @papakarlo

It’s back again.

ABT
    @abt

It’s been almost 5 months since we last saw The Eggspark (about the same time the last new TF was added). I wonder if it’s gone for good now…

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@abt too much gems? :D

Legal players don’t need it anymore. We can’t afford it. SR is the best.

RIP Eggspark offers, you was so dam expensive, but so sweet long time ago …

ABT
    @abt

@papakarlo Even though it’s much harder to earn gems, I actually haven’t been spending much. I don’t typically spend them on recharges, and I’m trying to use up my remaining stash.

With the new event, I actually need to promote 2 TFs (Sergeant Flamewar and Sergeant Greenlight) from no promotion to both red crowns (+1400%) which costs about 236K in sparks. Having Eggspark once a while helps me top up on sparks, in addition to doing a couple of sparkruns a day.

John
    @john12345

@abt I think it will return soon but seeing as of now the dev team aren’t putting a lot of effort in the game (until war season 7 event which has a actual name)

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@abt Season 7 start 42 days ago, but only today you found, that you need to promote TF’s, which you bought 42 days ago? ROFL

42 x 11k = 462k – almost green crown. Both.

ABT
    @abt

@papakarlo To promote 2 TFs from nothing to green crown, you need 571.9K sparks.

You’re making a lot of assumptions in your statement…

You are assuming that in those “42 days”, ZERO sparks were spent, ignoring that there were 5 weeks of events that may require spending sparks to promote the TFs in the bonus squad. This is like saying that you have a reservation at an expensive restaurant in 42 days, and you will not spend any money on food or eat during that time.

Since it is most likely a fluke where these Primepass-only TFs were available to purchased as bundled offers, there was no guaranteed they would be available to upgrade/overpower in the token exchange unless Primepass was purchased. In my case, I did not purchase Primepass this season. Based on previous experience, every event that involved Primepass-exclusive TFs resulted in nothing offered but crates/coins in the Token Exchange.

Also, Season 7 did not start until 2021-April-01 00:00 UTC, so only 37 days has elapsed since the start of the season at the time you wrote your statement and not 42 days.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@abt oh, sorry, didn’t know that you joined ABTF game recently. Because Season 7 Events, exept Slipstream, is an old time events, which we had many times. So old time players promoted them to the max long time ago. Slipstream was added a year ago, and also was in some Events already, so even noobs promoted and OP her. I didn’t spent a single Spark this Season till Fatal Fury Event. No need. This is like saying that I have a reservation at an expensive restaurant in 42 days, and I will not spend any money on food during that time, because I have 42 days vacation with “All inclusive”, which I have already paid for.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

# sarcasm love it 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

ABT
    @abt

@papakarlo Because of something called Sparkrun, it actually makes sense to promote a 2nd TF in each squad because it will significantly boost your Sparkrun bonus. I prefer to finish each SR as quickly as possible, so I always use this strategy of using: 1. “SR Killer” + 2. “Sponsor” + 3. “Sponsor”

Assuming you only use all green crown TFs in all cases in SR:

• SR Killer + 1x Sponsor + 3rd TF = 1260% bonus
    • SR Killer + 2x Sponsors = 1890% bonus

Having that 2nd promoted TF in the squad will help you finish SR in less than 2/3 of the time. If you’re doing 2x SR a day for a whole week, this can save you HOURS of time! You even have better chances of finishing SR because you can get through the whole run with just your 1st “SR killer” TF.

To promote 2x TFs in each squad to green crown requires 571.9K sparks. For 5 weeks worth of events, that’s 2.86M sparks! (almost 3 million sparks!) To earn that many sparks if you are doing 2 SR/day + ad bonus (11K), will take 260 days (8.5 months). Even if these are “old timer” events, I doubt you have a 2nd TF in each squad promoted to green crown already (unless a lot of 💲 spent or some cheat was used). Also, maybe you enjoy spending 1 hour every day on 2x SR/day, but not me. Even with judiciously spending sparks, since return-on-investment drops significantly once you get to the red/green tier, I still spent some sparks promoting TFs in the past 5 weeks. The ability to earn 11K sparks/day was not possible less than a year ago (took me 3 months just to go from lvl 300 to 500 in SR v2.0).  Back then, in SR v1.0, I could only earn an average of ~2.5k sparks/day from SR (most of the time, I only get to 4 of 5 segments and not earn max sparks; I also did not spend 100 gems/day to do a 2nd SR). Even with Sparks available in events, Spire, crates, I still earn significantly less sparks than I do now.

A lot of these “all inclusive” meal vacations include only basic drinks and basic meals. If you want lobster/filet mignon and a bottle of wine, you are still expected to pay extra. I prefer to enjoy myself every once a while rather stick with the bare minimum.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@abt so, you “save” few min per day at SR, but always poor on Spark. When brand new squad released, you always have big difficulties at SR and Events. Sorry, “always” not about you. Since “free” new TF’s didn’t released long time, and you not buying Prime pass, this situation happened with you only now, because of R/E bug, when you suddenly was able to buy exclusive Prime pass TF’s for gems. So, congrats with raising your real rank from Oprimus Prime to Bumblebee :D and now you can stop spraying Sparks and save them for important promotions.

By saving 10-30% of SR time, you lose 100% Sparks, 100% SR time, some Event tokens, OP, gems etc.

I don’t have 2nd green crown TF in each squad. Even more, just in few weeks I’ll finish all squads with a one green crown in each. And I don’t have problems with SR time, because if you can hold Nautica in Vehicle mode almost whole run, meanwhile destroying all around, you know, how short SR is. Even with 1 green crown sponsor + red/purple crown bonus sponsor from previous life – my usual setup.

ABT
    @abt

@papakarlo I’m not quite following what you are saying. Whenever a new squad is released, I usually do NOT have the brand-new 1st TF unlocked (my offers are usually 5K gems to unlock a new TF), therefore, I can only use TFs from another squad which I already have promoted to play in that event. Why would I spend sparks when I already have a TF promoted to green crown? (Note: How long has it been since a new non-PrimePass squad was added? Do you know if there will be a new squad added when we have several existing squads that are unfilled?)

Sparks spent to promote TFs do not disappear after the event is over. As events are recycled, the next time the event returns you will already have a higher total bonus which will save you more time in SR. I see it as an investment of my time (as time = money). Saving 4 minutes per SR = over an hour saved per week. When that the same bonus squad returns next time, the savings will continue add up.

In SR, I actually had a few times where a few minutes savings can translate into a much bigger savings. I had both of these situations happen to me:

1. I get 80% through SR, and I had to stop/pause because of various reasons (ie. real life). When I try to resume later, I find the game restarted and I lost the payment (coins/pigs) spent and most importantly the time spent getting through those first 80%. Now I have to start over. If I had a higher promotion, that 80% = completed SR.
    2. I get a bad string of flying pigs, missiles, falling monoliths, and my first TF is killed 60% through the SR. My 2nd and 3rd TF (sponsors) are usually not as capable and/or slow. Now I have to spend 40% of the time slugging it out and occasionally I end up losing all 3 and now I have to watch an ad and start over! I have to go through the whole SR again at the original bonus level which I could have potentially finished the first time if I had a higher bonus level.

Lastly, I’m not sure if you ever considered the economics of Eggspark.

A typical Eggspark offer: 75,000 sparks cost 1,500 gems

Looking at my offers (note: it may vary regionally):

Spark Starter Offer: 6,500 sparks + 250 gems cost $10.99

• To get 75,000 sparks, I need to purchase more than 11 of these offers
    • 71,500 sparks + 2,750 gems cost $120.89
      • I do get an extra 2,750 gems, but I cannot use them to buy more sparks.
    • At $19.99/1800 gems (see below), the 2,750 gems is worth $30.54
    • So subtracting that value, it’s: 71,500 sparks for $90.35
      • You get less sparks and need to spend over $100.

Another offer: 1,800 gems cost $19.99

• If Eggspark was available, I can purchase 75,000 sparks for the $19.99 with 300 gems leftover
    • 75,000 sparks + 300 gems for under $19.99 (if Eggspark is available)
    • note: Even though Prime Pass is a overall a good deal. You only get 2,500 sparks in 2 months which is less than 1/2 a single SR.

Therefore having an Eggspark offer will save over $70 in costs to purchase sparks. Also, having an Eggspark offer does not mean you have to spend gems to purchase it. You have a choice to save your hard-earned gems and grind for sparks the old-fashion way. However, I prefer having that choice any day.

ABT
    @abt

@papakarlo

By saving 10-30% of SR time, you lose 100% Sparks, 100% SR time, some Event tokens, OP, gems etc.

Actually, I never said I had 0 sparks to promote the 2 TFs in the Ground Force squad. I started the event with about 210K in sparks, but spent them on the 2 TFs to get them to 170% promo each. That allowed me take care of SR (1570%), event (1360%) to earn about 16000 tokens (2x OP) without spending any gems. I’m already restoring my sparks stash now by doing more SR, but it would be nice to have some buffer (ie. via Eggspark) for future events in case I need to promote a 2nd TF in another bonus squad quickly.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

Hmm, interesting. I posted some answers, almost a week ago, and they didn’t published yet … What a bugged forum … My post exist in “resent activities” but not here, lol

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@abt enjoy! ;)

Pinokio replied to the topic The Eggspark in the forum Angry Birds Transformers Forum 6 days ago

@abt
    you talking about econimic, involving real money, but never bough Spark starter, SEB or Prime Pass. Do you know, how many rivers we cryed to devs, to shut that dam eggspark offer down from infinite change to only one time offer? Because of “nice” guys (maybe like you ;) who sitting on the big stash of gems, which they got by cheating. So now it’s very clear and almost 100% accurate to flag them and send to jail or even ban, when suddenly some unknown dude with lol red/purple promoted TF holding 1st place by doing 7-9 recharges, but green crown old time very active players have half of his score, even after achieving max daily goal like 200k during 1TF Event.

And I sure, that one time Eggspark offer still exist, just need a new “free” TF to release.

I can tell you one big secret. Actually Sparks disappears. Probably will be just one another week next Season, when you will get some reward from your 210k Sparks (or 19!!! days of 2 SR – ofc with 10-30% seved run time lol), which you spent for Ground Force squad event. It’s why almost no points to promote weak Exclusive TF’s.

ABT
    @abt

@papakarlo It doesn’t make sense to buy Spark Starter bundle because it’s a terrible deal. Eggspark (when offered) is a significantly better deal. Earning sparks through SR is also okay, but is a significant time-sink. I’ve purchased gems with REAL money on this game multiple times before, but I prefer to spend money wisely based on what I’m getting in return.

I don’t have any issues with the Eggspark bundle offered as a one-time-purchase option. I never bought more than a single Eggspark when offered and typically only get the 75,000 sparks/1,500 gem offer as it gives the most bang for the buck. I don’t even remember that there was a time when you can purchase it repeatedly. (Note: that seems to be the opposite of the Token Exchange because you used to be limited to purchase only a single/10 Gold/Steel crates, but now you can purchase them repeatedly! So, I’m not sure if your ‘crying‘ made R/E do the opposite!)

I’m not sure why you think I’m sitting on some “big stash of gems.” At one point, I had about 30K gems (see this post here). Then, I spent about 15K gems when the 3 Coneheads TFs came out to quickly accelerate my rank (see this post here). Now, I’m under 10K in gems (and a step closer towards ABTF retirement):

I actually don’t see the problem you are experiencing in the events on the daily scoreboard. Typically the top 3 are promoted to green-level, and purple is usually outside of the top 6. So, I don’t see any “cheaters” (which is a big assumption as you always seems to err towards a guilty verdict without any evidence) in my scoreboard. Perhaps, it’s possible you were flagged as a cheater and that’s why R/E grouped you with the other cheaters in the “cheater leaderboard” as exientgreg has pointed out before here.

I spend sparks where I see fit. Promoting the 1st TF in each squad is the highest priority, but promoting the 2nd TF benefits Sparkrun and 2 TF events. I don’t usually promote 3rd TF. So, the sparks I earned by doing SR are being spent (or as you call it, “disappears”), but I do like to keep a buffer of 100-200K sparks in case I need it. For example, this previous 2-TF event, I only had Beachcomber as Red Crown and Smokescreen at Gold Crown (~1200% total SR bonus), so I spent some sparks to get them up to 1570% SR bonus. That saved me many times to finish SR early and or even complete the SR in a single contiguous sitting, which frees up my time for other more fun things.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@abt I know some old time players, who collected even 50-70k gems. Ofc most of those gems from a previous “life” of ABTF. But they never bough an Eggspark, not doing recharges at Events and CR, and actually they playing for collecting gems … Sick playstyle, ofc. Other players, who doing 1-2 recharges per hard day to get top places, and get better reward, just don’t have so much gems, and can’t buy Eggspark for 1500 gems, while we can get those 75k Sparks after a week playing SR. And we not able to collect 1500 gems after a week of playing ABTF or after a month, or maybe even a year (without $ ofc). So, maybe your playstyle some kind of mix of listed above, idk. And idc actually. But it looks sick also ;) and very strange to me – you can spend 1500 gems for 75k Sparks to promote 2nd or sometimes, even 3rd TF from a squad just to save few min at SR, which don’t give you more gems, or gems at all, and don’t give you more Sparks. From other side, as you said, you typically not spending gems for recharges, most important thing, which realy can increase gems income.

Personally I not experiencing problems on the daily scoreboard. I didn’t said this. And not flagged. You can relax.

I can tell you another secret, wich you never heard also, like a most “didn’t spent a penny on this game” guys : after buying some Spark starter/Special event bundles, your rank as a “game donator” is rising and Rovio sending you more, better and bigger offers, smth like with Eggsparks. Those offers better, but most interesting thing, some countryes have bugged prices! Players can buy tons of game assets literally for a few bucks. We closed all known (for now) by reporting them, but I think some of them still exist, because R/E too lazy to check all countryes around the world. Sooo, now wanna check yours? :D Swear to post your country, in case it also bugged ;) (Chance is very low, tbh. Biggest are ok, like EU, USA etc)

ABT
    @abt

@papakarlo

I know some old time players, who collected even 50-70k gems. Ofc most of those gems from a previous “life” of ABTF. But they never bough an Eggspark, not doing recharges at Events and CR, and actually they playing for collecting gems

Have you asked them how much “fun” they get by playing this way? You do know that sometimes spending 10 gems for a recharge at strategic places can yield MORE than 10 gems in return? For example, if you are at 190K in points (@200K final tier), one recharge can get you 750 in tokens which could be enough to get more in the Token Exchange.

Other players, who doing 1-2 recharges per hard day to get top places, and get better reward, just don’t have so much gems, and can’t buy Eggspark for 1500 gems

These players don’t seem very good at what they’re doing as well. If they know what they are doing, they should be able to get a good amount of tokens while spending very little gems for recharges and still save some gems. For example, you can get 2600 tokens a day even if you end the day in 20th place. You earn 2500 tokens from hitting the highest tier and 100 for being in 20th place. So, placing 1st at the expense of 2 or more recharges is a waste of gems.

From other side, as you said, you typically not spending gems for recharges, most important thing, which realy can increase gems income.

Also, I’m not sure if you know this, but the higher your TF is promoted, the more points you will get (especially with the 4x bonus multiplier). This means having a higher promoted TF (by spending sparks) = less gems need to be spent for doing daily recharges. So you can actually spend less gems by investing sparks in bonus TFs in each week’s event.

sometimes, even 3rd TF from a squad just to save few min at SR

Please reread what I wrote. I never said I promoted 3rd TF in each squad. I even wrote that I do not recommend to do that. The only time that ever happens if they introduce an awesome 3rd or 4th TF in a squad, then I would consider promoting the new TF.

Although, I’m earning significantly less gems now than when it was available in the Lab and Missions, I’m still averaging about 300-400 gems a week.

My average week gem earnings:

• average ~150 gems from 10+ gold crates (0 – 550 gems per weekly event)
    • average ~50 gems from challenge run (0 – 300 gems for Silver/Gold League finish w/ 10 crates)
    • 42 gems from Daily quests (1/day for Spark run + 5/day for completing 8 quests)
    • 40 gems from Daily reward w/ ad-doubler (5 + 5 + 10)
    • about 20 gems from finding them on the map (about 2-4 gems day)

I’m in the US, so it’s USD$ currency, so I don’t see any “bugged prices” in the Gem shop or in offers. The only thing I heard of is that if you use Amazon devices (ie. Fire tablets), you can get credits at a discounted rate (credited to you from Amazon) that you can apply to the store to get gems at a lower rate. I have not try that yet though.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@abt too much words about nothing.

RIP Eggspark offers.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum The Eggspark

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.