The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • Replies
  • PJng
    @pjng

I get 4th place, at winning team,
    I lost some point because game crash frequently then i stop for some time.
    Win 1700 for all, 5000 for bomb.
    How game assign we are in which team?

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

I had a lot of stuff going on this week so I didn’t play at all yesterday and part of today. I was in 9th place this afternoon but when the event ended, I got a 3 stars screen and got 5000 master for all, 5K for Mathilda and 5K for Bomb. I had about 7 or 8 classes move up.

Also got Elite Beserk as my class upgrade.

Stevencore
    @stevencore

I’m a new proud owner of Elite Marksmen. I think that’s a funny class to play with, but actually I haven’t found a situation in which it should be useful.

My team won the contest by more than 50k points. I lead the table and Re-rolled 6 (!) times to get 5k for all and 5k for Matilda and Red. 25 ranks missing ’til 2100. This means few days before Rovio will raise the cap.

Have a nice day you all.

Stevencore

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@stevencore Congrats.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

My team during the Hogrider event contained 12 highly motivated people and then three who gave up. This is what happens to the team score when that happens:

abe_event_scores.png

There is no i in team.

Figure Caption:

Top Panel:

Magenta: . . Us(i) – Them(i)
    Green: . . . Sum(Us(1):Us(i)) – Sum(Them(1):Them(i))

Bottom Panel:

Blue . . . Us
    Red. . . . Them

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    If it hadn’t been for the single person in my team that completely stopped playing after the first battle (had only 70 points!), my team could’ve won… even if he had had just 3k points or something.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever45 You have the better story, but I have visuals on my side. :-)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@stevencore the Marksmen are good fun when paired with the Cannoneer. Attach Marksmen to Cannoneer and have Cannoneer buff himself. Very useful for fighting Ninja. I also use it in the Arena sometimes if I have to play Marksmen.

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

@sam-spargo that was exactly what I ment.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

Well, this event starts tomorrow.
    They will be stronger in three ways:
    Higher level.
    (Should be) rebalanced.
    Elite Worldboss (after a month of it being added, we finally get to see this in action.)

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

The top player in my event has 31,000 points, 5 1/2 hours into the event. That’s a minumum of 400 SDs, spinning maximum points per match, so probably 5x that number of FE. If you bought all that SD, it would be 700 LCs, or 10 dojo buys of 1000 MP-all. In other words, from a game economy perspective it makes no sense since the payout is better just buying the mastery. The player is either someone who doesn’t care about squandering LCs, or is arithmetically challenged.

On the other hand, my team is absolutely crushing the opponent team right now so it’s worth it to spend some SDs to get more stars since if he keeps that up we’ll get double rewards.

Viva la idiots!

Suzy
    @suzyq

Really ticked off. Tima/Moa who was on my board last week and also this week and was labelled as a cheater is now on my event board too and is obviously labelled a cheater. It doesn’t seem fair as it means my team are 1 player down right from the start. The other side have a full team and working hard so no doubt they will win ?

Buds
    @budstheawesome

On the plus side, we actually have a challenge!
    Despite my insanely (not really) strong Level 80 with Set Level 82 Items, I do have moments nearly every battle where I need a potion or two to get back into the fight. Good job I have around 130 Potions stocked up.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

This elite world boss is definitely an improvement

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

Since months, I finally have positive feelings towards a ROVIO event.

– My board is free from cheaters, I didn’t start playing the event as soon as I begin and that is the (good) result.
    – Hogriders, elite level, are quite challenging. I always need additional support, coming from chili rage cakes nor healing potions , in order to make “3stars” and kill them all’ without being killed first. They started level 8, now reached level 14 of mastery and their “MOVES” , during elite fightings, are more streamlined. I appreciate a lot this “3 birds vs. 4 hogriders” fights.
    – Hogriders, normal level, I can’t write anything about that level of fightings because I didn’t play any “stardard” game, yet.
    – “Stella” is clearly the weak ring of the chain among the members of my team. I DID almost nothing better than my birds and usually, its presence, oblige me to set up teams in a different way. Paladin/Wizard/Stella is a quite quite effective. Berserk/Witch/Stella is a good one, too.

Just my two cents

burbman
    @burbman

Started this one late, but looks like that will be an advantage, as I will easily earn the 10,000 medals for the elite upgrade, and my team is not really doing much, so first place is in reach without using resources.  I suppose I might even consider spending SD, and possibly crafting some with FE if I have to in order to ensure a first place finish, as that is one way to convert those two resources into LC.  Currently sitting on >200 SD and >1,300FE so using a few shouldn’t hurt too bad.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq

So sorry that you keep getting the short straw. It’s yet another example typical of Rovio. I think from what @burbman has experienced, there seems to be a better chance that starting late in events may give you a fairer board compare to arena.

On the other hand, I’m glad that at least I get the chance and finally grab hold of a more useful class despite being labeled a cheater – Elite Wizard. Sadly, my score won’t count towards the team tally, and I feel sorry for those ended up in my team.

@burbman

If the LCs could translate into something useful for you, go for it. Not sure if the value is as much as it used to be when using GAPM and GPM nowadays.

no one
    @wiktor-szukis

Thx

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@wiktor-szukis

I think they must mean Matilda.

Pointless
    @pointless

They mean the Valkyrie.
    Thanks for the added FE requirement on the Elite Level, and it’s 3 FE for a reroll, not the two listed, to boot.
    But finally got my Elite Wizard, even though it cost me 30 LCs on two rerolls…

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

Thank you. Many congrats you got Wizard you deserved to get it. I’m still really upset that even though we all know you are an honest player you are still labelled with that awful tag.

I got Wizard on my 2nd spin.

DD
    @toolow

@pointless Congrats for your Elite Wizard with a 83% discount.

@suzyq

Thank you, and congrats to you as well.

Well, at least now in arena I can score with confidence and without having someone chasing my tail while my score remain hidden. No chance to get top with Aris, aka CR7, scoring well over double of everyone else on the board, not that it matters in my case since there is no chest for branded players. And, I actually got some time back to boot. Still, it hurts to be branded after being kicked in the teeth with the data wipe of my second account.

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow nice positive spin there. Don’t think of it as wasting 30 LCs, rather a substantial discount in an Elite purchase :)
    Congrats to you and @suzyq as well, Elite Wizard is worth it…now to get some Ancients (besides Bones) to buff him up even further!

DD
    @toolow

@pointless

Ancient would be nice, but I’ll settle for (desired) L82 set items. Need to also conserve LC for the remaining head gears. The only Ancient I get is the Pie-in-the-Sky… because it’s free.

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow I’m certainly not suggesting IAP here, and I won’t use many LCs, but I do have quite a few extra Set pieces just waiting to be fused. Got an Ancient Dragon Tooth for Red, and I must say it’s quite nice to have that extra damage.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.