The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

• Starting in 11 days time another chance to win an Elite class upgrade from the event chest.

Screenshot_2017-03-16-20-00-55.png

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 110 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

This looks interesting

burbman
    @burbman

Looks like fun!

Also looks like it will almost overlap the upcoming raiding party event.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

That pig there makes me wish we had playable pigs with their own set items and classes.

TheRedBird
    @red-bird-justin

heh….a clash of clans reference in a way XD

Pointless
    @pointless

While I appreciate a new artistic element, does anyone actually think this will be any different conceptually than previous World Boss Events?

Land Kraken…coming for you in your nightmares @jamairoqui

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I’ll be looking forward to this but I HATE Team events…. Kept getting placed on a losing side.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@pointless This brings up another peeve of mine about ABE. Why are some pigs bad and some pigs good? It looks like here we will have four bad pigs (although there should be five, my guess is Ronnie Soak will be missing) and then there is the good pig. (And why do the pigs want the bird eggs to begin with? If they are going to eat them, they would just eat them. But if they’re not going to eat them, why take them to begin with?) Maybe if I watched the videos I would understand why some pigs are good and some are bad, but I suspect not. I think the good/bad pig thing is as well thought out as the stupid Land Kraken. (I mean, how do you even come up with the idea of a Land Kraken? Was it the result of a staff party where there was a little too much beer and not enough self-control? Did the janitor slip a stack of artwork into the game design as a practical joke and nobody caught the prank in time? Did they think nobody would notice that a Land Kraken MAKES NO GODDAMN SENSE AT ALL?!?!?!??!?!?! FOR FU … um … never mind)

I kind of agree about team events. Players have different agendas, and if you get put in a league with a bunch of people who just want the class upgrade so they quit after they get 10,000 points, it’s a disadvantage.

Just thinking about this makes me feel like Jim considering Cobb nuts:

http://www.theonion.com/video/celebrity-chef-ted-allen-cooks-his-favorite-preten-26571

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui I would argue that a land kraken makes more sense in a nonsensical way than an underwater Tinker Titan. But hey, who am I to judge…

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

@datguygamer actually, a submarine-like tinker titan would be pretty cool!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@epekkamaster In theory, yes, but when you’re fighting a Tinker Titan (like I once did) with an underwater background who “walks” into the battlefield, it looks off and jarring. I guess that @jamairoqui and @pointless would have flipped their tables upon seeing that. XD

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@datguygamer @epekkamaster The underwater battles take place inside a wooden submarine. I assumed it was a submarine, because you can see bubbles and a Chuckfish swim by the porthole in the background. There are no fish swimming or bubbles between the porthole and your birds your opponents. So the Tinker Titan walks into a wooden submarine. The battles take place underwater, but in air inside a submarine.

A submarine makes sense because it’s a thing. A robot pig Tinker Titan makes sense because robots are a thing. Robots on a submarine make sense because each are things and there is no reason that robots couldn’t be on a submarine.

A Land Kraken is not a thing. It doesn’t make sense. Stop trying to put lipstick on this pig, no pun intended.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui Not really. When I fought the Tinker Titan under water, it was under water. The background offset was triggered incorrectly and thus throughout the whole event, I fought Tinker Titan in a blue background without any submarines. That was the silliest thing ever I had seen. Also if a Tinker Titan walks into a submarine, does that mean it’s walking in from outside by breaking in or did it randomly decide to take a dive underwater with birds inside?

On the other hand, Krakens are usually depicted as gigantic deformed squids or octopi in designs and such and both can survive in land for up to 2 days as they have both kinds of organs to breathe in and out of water. So in theory, a land kraken can be a thing (granted you have make krakens a thing first). Even if the kraken was featured only underwater then it would have to force its tentacles by breaking open the submarine floor which would not make sense even more as the birds would all die. This whole game has things that makes zero sense so there is no reason to get so worked up over it. Heck, we have pigs that steal bird eggs for some reason as a premise and a land kraken comes out as nonsensical to you.

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

@jamairoqui the submarine could be sticking out of the water

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@datguygamer No. Just no. Octopi cannot survive two days out of water. Neither can squid.

http://www.livescience.com/54427-how-octopus-escapes-new-zealand-aquarium.html

And equating a bug in the game that made it appear, incorrectly, that the battle took place underwater with the intentional design of a battle taking place underwater is so far from being the same thing it makes me want to walk away from this discussion. Which is what I am going to do, since the whole thing started as a joke to begin with.

I mean Land Kraken. What a joke.

@epekkamaster
    Yes, the submarine could be sticking out of the water. It could also be the Tinker Titan came in through an airlock like the Flying Sub did on the Seaview (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui How does that link prove that Octopi and/or Squids cannot survive outside water for 2 days?

Also what I meant was yes, it was a bug but that bug in of itself was more strange than an intentional oddity. I know land kraken is a weird thing but I have seen weirder things in this game.

Ckd
    @ckd1

Can I tell you a weird thing? The amount of time and the way I change my daily living for this game! I am frustrated as heck with the arena. I am in fourth place and behind third place by 20,000 points but I am also up on fifth place by 20,000 points. So it appears I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands: 1 if I try to grind out 20,000 plus points in approximately 19 hours will I be labeled as a cheater 2 if I start grinding who knows what 3rd place will do, he may match me on grinding 3 Is there a possibility that someone in places 1-3 get labeled as a cheater and I shoot up to 3rd place. 4 I don’t even know how many weeks are left in this season and I’m in platinum 5 Is there any proof that the submarine is entirely made of wood?

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer amen…I do find Land Kraken ridiculous, but in a game filled with such things, I just laugh about it :)

@ckd1
    what a silly question #5 is…everyone knows Birds are master carpenters, so what else would it be made from? Oh wait, wasn’t it Professor Pig that made the sub? And he’s a world-renowned metallurgist…

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

Does anyone have an idea about what their stats might be?

burbman
    @burbman

@epekkamaster – Stats will vary based on player level if this event is like any of the other world boss events.

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

@burbman I ment what their attacks and passive abilitys would be.

burbman
    @burbman

@epekkamaster – Yes, those values will vary based on the player level. My level 70 team will face a much harder opponent than my level 45 team.

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

That’s not what I ment

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@burbman I think @epekkamaster means what abilities the new world boss will have

burbman
    @burbman

@sam-spargo, @epekkamaster – Ok, I see. But even some of those will change based on level. For example in the last Tinker Titan Event, my level 70 team started each battle against two henchmen plus the Titan, where my level 30ish team did not see the first henchman released until the second or third turn.

Oh, and to answer the original question, this is the first appearance of the Apocalyptic Hogriders, so we are all going to see their characteristics for the first time together.

Pointless
    @pointless

I am curious about the plural. Will we see a singular World Boss as before, or a team along the lines of the Apocalyptic Horsemen? That would be interesting. Each one of the Four having different abilities.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.