Peace Through Tyranny – New Event Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Peace Through Tyranny – New Event Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 183 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Done two recharges already for 30 gems total, in #2 spot now and completed Level 100.

Leader is 6,500 points ahead of me, and has been spending gems like mad ever since he saw me approaching (not really my intent – I just wanted to reach Level 100).

Should I go into chase mode and try to catch up? In theory, if I can get the extra 500 tokens by taking first spot overall, I could justify a maximum of an additional 40+60+80=180 gems (=360 tokens) expenditure.

Of course, he could just freak and keep scooting ahead, in which case I’ll have wasted 180 gems.

On the other hand, #s 3 and 4 are working hard and are right on my tail, so I may have to recharge a couple of times just to ensure I stay in either 2nd or 3rd spot. Spending 40+60 gems to prevent a drop to 4th is break even, with the 200 token difference between 2-3 and 4-6.

Decisions, decisions.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Go for it! Surely you have skill on your side — dust them…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I did it – I came in first – but I had to spend waaaaaaaaaay too many gems to do it ……….

I finished my final run with 1m2s left on the clock ………………..

I won by less than 100 points ………………………… XD

(I may be a tad overcompetitive …..)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 3: missiles.

Good luck hitting those with Ultimate Megatron ………………………………..

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Oh, soooo close. Finished my regular runs just short of the 90 token level, so I did a recharge. At 100% bonus, it should have put me over 26350. Averages dropped and finished those four runs at 26347. Three stinking points! Too close to the end to do another recharge. Finished first though.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

Ugh, that sucks. I’ve been there before. It ain’t fun :(

But at least you came in first.

Geli
    @geli

Was first by 2000 with 40 minutes left. Did not recharge. Finished 2nd.

Oh, well….

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig At least you still get the points when they hit you. :)

@geli
    Gotta keep an eye on second place at the end. I’ve gotten first a number of times hanging on the heals.

Geli
    @geli

@millforce2k My own fault. Laziness & sitting down to dinner conspired against me. At least by not playing the game during dinner kept Mrs. Geli happy.

:-/

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I have no life, so it’s easy for me to monitor things right up to the end :p

Geli
    @geli

FWIW
    Played the event with missile targets with UMegatron and Photoblast. In a Pig City run, had a 121 raw score; 50% bonus gave a final 181. No missle strikes on the TF.

Played the event with missile targets with UMegatron and Piggyblast. Fortunately had a Pig City run back-to-back, although the runs were not identical. Had a 150 raw score, 300 after 100% bonus. Hit by 1 missile (black paint, not turned into junk machine).

As for the runs, they were not identical. the first one opened with 1 energonicon structure, the second opened with 2 energonicon structures. The second runwas a bit longer time-wise and had more missiles. Did not have a stop watch on it, nor did I keep a count of the number of missiles fired.

Given the number of missiles faced and the different length of the runs, it could be considered an apples to oranges comparison rather than apples to apples.

EDIT IN: 1st run had no damage to TF. 2nd run suffered 3 “heart” damage, re-charge required.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig yay! No guts no glory…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Boss Pig just showed up on my first recharge run …..

3 points, doubled. What a waste of gems.

Nice, Rovio …….

@lewie4

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

And then my second run after recharging: Pig City, almost bought the farm again after all those Big Green Missile strikes.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Wow! Glad that one is over. Did quite well, though. First run was Pig City. Got all missiles except two that go straight up off the screen and then come straight down and drill you on top of the noggin. Second run was Pig City, but without the sky missiles. Then two plains and a desert. Did a fair amount of rolling and hopping. Tried to focus on the missiles and let Piggyblast work on the pigs. In first with 3500.

Geli
    @geli

3500 in first with ~15 minutes left in the 2nd hour?? Pfft…
    My group leader had 5400 before the first hour was over!!!

9 runs in the first 2 hours, of which four were in Pig City. Highest yield there was 300. Ugh…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 3 / Hours 3-6: Instruments of Destruction and Sub-Woofer for +15% +15%

Bonus is insignificant – probably safer just to go with Photoblast, IMO.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Lousy game design today, given the choices of TF and Energicon.

Basically just destroying missiles with my face. This is not fun.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Agreed. Without Grimlocks, the rocket challenge is nothing but frustration.

Also, just had the Boss Pig run now. He’s only 300 points now… AND HIS ROCKETS DO NOT EVEN COUNT AS CHALLENGE TARGETS!!! Seriously?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@werehamsta

“Also, just had the Boss Pig run now. He’s only 300 points now… AND HIS ROCKETS DO NOT EVEN COUNT AS CHALLENGE TARGETS!!! Seriously?”

Yes, I came here just to post that.

I encountered BP a second time today (and again, immediately after recharging with gems of course ……)

He is killable with Energon Starscream, but it’s a very slow process. On the upside, E. Starscream’s rate of fire is high enough that you can take out the missiles before they get you.

One other thing I noticed on that run, is that not a single regular missile showed up, which kind of sucks.

@lewie4
    , some questions for you:

1. why doesn’t the primary target show up on runs where Boss Pig appears?
    2. why are Boss Pig’s missiles only worth 1 point, when today’s designated target is missiles and so should be 15.

There really should be some upside to Boss Pig encounters, and if we can’t even get 15 points from killing his missiles on missile day, then what’s the point???

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

In case anyone was wondering:

1. where the “Peace Through Tyranny” quote comes from:

Megraton’s G1 Tech Specs card

Megraton's G1 Tech Specs card

2. who came up with those funky “Armada” accessory things:

Megatron’s “Transformers: Armada” character design:

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

G1 Megatron was the most disappointing toy, impossible to transform and unstable, he just stayed in gun form for me.

E. Starscream w shoulder pads can take down Boss Pig.

Agree with the others noting the design today is horrible, Squad/Energonicon pairs seem designed to be horrible against missiles. Instruments/Subwoofer I ignored and just used E. Galvatron

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

what a waste, i am ignoring any of the squads that are preferring to me and i use the Energon Starscream and Energy Galvatron i have now 9005 points and my second one is 6889 points i used 10 gems to refill and that’s all.

Anonymous

I’ve not had any problems using the bonus TFs and e-icons. Who cares if you have to take a few missiles to the snout? You still get credit for them. Just be careful about the monoliths, and you’ll survive most runs. AND you get credit for the points you got before dying even on runs that you don’t get all the way through.

loynis
    @loynis

Actually a regulat starscream is superb for missiles. Got way ahead pursuers with him.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Peace Through Tyranny – New Event Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.