Patch 1.5.3 preview

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 360 total)
  • Replies
  • BigMac69
    @bigmac69

Everything mentioned above happened to me after the update, too. Immediately after the update I checked some of my birds stats and saw that they were weaker than before. Over the last weeks I was grinding cave levels to gain mastery so I knew the numbers. I was able to bring three birds to M15 and after playing them at M60 after the update they changed to M61 with the known “effect”.

I entered cave level 1-5 to do some grinding and saw pigs at lvl 60, almost four times more health than before. Unable to use autoplay or something else, I was crushed. I checked some final bosses from the caves and I always see them with health higher than 104.000 points! That is ridiculous. No chance to beat them, they deliver a big punch, too. Before that I could easily grind with only two birds. So right now no chance to do some grinding.

The same applies to the daily dungeons, level 60 pigs, really unplayable.

Because I do not play arena seriously I cannot tell really much about bugs and other issues. Best league I reached was Silver. But this morning I did my free spin at the AGPM and won a strong red pumpkin with jewels (in German Juwelenbesetzter Kürbis) on it! Isn`t this supposed to be an item for higher leagues like Gold or Platinum!? Because the markers at the items have vanished too, I cannot tell you to which league it belongs. Before that I saw a wooden bucket etc., but not any longer. Another bug in the arena!?

I think this is the worst update ever. With my weak M61 birds (EP, Wizard) it will be no fun playing the upcoming event. Thanks Rovio… Personally I will stop playing Epic until the bugs are (hopefully) fixed. I will not spend any snouts or my saved LC´s.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 i will try not to close the game from my phone until i will be forced to…

But i don’t know what Rovio is doing at all their games like in Transformers they nerfing everything. EPIC was one with not so many nerfing (well i haven’t any from the time i started playing) If the game is going this way i might stop playing and seriously i will delete the game and send it to hell!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui Weren’t you the one who gave a detailed explanation saying “no one would lose anything” when we were talking abut how the mastery change would make our birds weaker? But it seems like we did lose our stats and not just because of the M61 bug but in general, as well.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui I haven’t updated as well. And I guess your guess is right: cheaper to make the old potions before upgrade.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@datguygamer Uh. I never said that.

No.

Wait.

Too Trumpish.

Lemme go with “Do you have *any* idea how much beer I drank before posting that?” instead.

In my defense, although I should have know they would make a complete mess of the upgrade, I did say that based on an assumption that the upgrade would work like they said it would.

The only thing I can think is that they were sabotaged, or somebody really boned the pooch and released an early alpha version of the upgrade instead of the final. It’s like releasing a version of Windows where the Start button is broken. Except Microsoft did just that, didn’t they?

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@toolow
    I meant automated testin… and yes it is something any programmer would do but since those employed to do the original programming for this game apparently do t succeed I see no reason that the QA dept should be better.
    Also if the mastery is now sort of hand in hand with level I can see that mastery 61 is not impossible since the mercenaries are lvl 62 so they have probably prepared for higher mastery ranks. Then the anti cheat system (previously cheaters could set mastery to say 80 and get super powered birds) comes in and says that any mastery rank above current max level equals no mastery rank which is what screws things up here.

DD
    @toolow

Trump: Vote me, and I’ll build a (fire)wall that stops Rovio from sending their illegal updates to their customers and make them pay for it.

DD
    @toolow

@napoleongl Even if the programmers don’t catch the problem, testers can and ought to. But all this needs the programmers, testers and project managers to do their job properly, and they need good leadership.
    Of course they can allow for future upgrading to higher levels and to catch cheaters. All that is needed is due diligence to verify that illegal states are caught.

DD
    @toolow

@elpapam @smwforever45 And you’d think that they allow for a mix of updated and non-updated birds to play with either the new or the old version, right? Oh wait, how do the old version know how to handle the updated birds? Or the new version for that matter?

So they may need 2 updates; make everyone update to one that can handle both types of birds, and the next update turn on the new level system. Or, have a quiet period with no events, leagues or borrowing of birds, allow for sometime for users to update the app, then switch to the new system. Or any way to transition to the new system without breaking the app for everyone.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Response from Pekka on my ticket regarding M61 troubles:

Hello there,

and thanks for contacting us!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with AB Epic. Yesterday's update 1.5.3 brought some changes to Epic, one of them being that now the bird classes' maximum mastery level is 60 instead of 15. It indeed seems that there are some issues with the conversion; we have received reports about the classes being erroneously upgraded to level 61.

Our developers are aware of the situation and they are investigating the problem at this very moment. We aim to get this fixed as soon as possible.

I'll get back to you in this ticket once we know more. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Pekka
    Rovio Support Team
    DD
    @toolow

@henjovr Typical template response. I want everyone to get compensation for this, and don’t tell us that we must have Rovio accounts for this. No, I want BLOOD! (cue Bomb bird exploding)

No birds, or human, are harmed whilst composing this message.

angryde
    @angryde

@henjovr Urgh, so stock-standard… but I feel bad for Pekka. That person has been copping it for many, many years… talk about stellar commitment! Rovio needs to give him/her some sort of “Employee of the Month” thing… NOW!

@toolow
    I’m with you… but I want… (the punishment should befit the crime, IMHO)

ROFL

1.jpg

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@angryde You want to strap them to a improvised spinning wheel and spin them around until they puke?! O_o

YOU MONSTER!

DD
    @toolow

@angryjohnny @angryde What do you think the prizes should be at the end of a spin?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@toolow
    Don’t ask me! But it does say M59, M60 etc. and I am still using the old version…
    However, the strength of the new M60 equals the new M15 or something…

Honestly, if Trump was to promise to regulate Rovio’s wrongdoings that alone would be a reason to vote for him, LOL

@angryde

Bloody hell mate, watch out for the moderators XD

I’d sure love this sort of punishment for Rovio though. Especially if they decide to compensate us with 20 LC’s or something.

ReapingTitan
    @panosplays

I remember some time ago some1 said that mastery ranks up to 20 were coded but not implemented.Maybe that’s the reason you can go higher than m60 and it got glitched.Just a guess,im not a programmer or anything.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Hey, I know, right? I love how the mods leap to censor the ‘b word’ when it appears in a picture description… but NOT when someone uses rather un-subtle symbology to obfuscate far more offensive swears in-thread! ROFL! So, I’ve decided to up the ante on my deployment of blasphemous imagery. I realise it’s petty… but I’m really a very, very small man. XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui I think here the whole Windows Explorer itself is broken.

DD
    @toolow

@smwforever45 XD Anyway, I reckoned 20LCs is overly generous by their standard. But I’d forgo all compensation for @angryde’s spinning wheel dealing out pukes, nuts and what-not for prizes. As MasterCard put it, it’ll be “priceless”.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@panosplays
    That was what I wrote in the Mastery Points topic, my source being @datguygamer ;)

That’s quite possible indeed; in that case, people would be able to go to M62 and beyond, too. I’m actually curious to see what happens if you do that…

@toolow

True; but you can’t do much with 20 LC’s. It’s simply not enough to make up for such trouble.

ReapingTitan
    @panosplays

Just tried to do a cave at level 39 with a guys level 55 rogues cause its the only person on my friend’s list and got destroyed.Time to get stronger equipment i guess.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@panosplays and all others:

I’d recommend staying away from the Chronicle Caves for now. I highly believe that too is a glitch. You can’t send an L20 player against L60 pigs when they just recently cleared Wizpig’s Castle and unlocked the Caves.
    Same as how Level 0 pigs in castle levels can clearly not be Rovio’s intention.
    This update is one big glitch and you should see it as such, instead of trying to take everything as if it was intended…

ReapingTitan
    @panosplays

Pigs are at the same level as me but they still got buffed by 8 levels.Cant really fight in the arena either.The event is also gonna be hell,witch(horrible pun,i know)sucks because i wanted the new class.Oh well,guess im holding off from thunderbird for now to hopefully buy witch.

DD
    @toolow

@smwforever45 I know, it’s just enough to reset Arena once. Pitiful and insulting, I’d say.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I agree. Rovio is inept, I’m not denying that… but, clearly, much of it’s going to be rectified in relatively short-order. Rovio gains nothing from de-incentivising it’s players to this extent (i.e. the OP crapola + accidental nerfs). Stay calm. XD

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 360 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.