Patch 1.5.3 preview

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 360 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    So they made event Pigs a little weaker to match the nerfing of Birds (M15 1.5.2 to M61 1.5.3)?

U wanted this? Or anything else?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer

Thanks for information.
    So, when you play, your bar of mastery progress ?
    I will try.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    The rewards in both levels remain unchanged, don’t worry.

@sutekh137

I think they will leave it in.
    Eventually, they will increase the limit further anyway. M80 is already coded in as Dataguy already said. :P

@datguygamer

Yeah, I too saw that. If there are still 1026 stars then there must be two new levels somewhere.
    Then again, there were 60 phantom stars in earlier versions so I guess it will take a while for them to correct this. :/

Rovio has said on FB that M61 was originally a bug, but they said they changed the code to make it the new maximum. Was probably less work than removing the rank and bringing everyone back to M60.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@smwforever45

You are probably right, but in that case I’ll be quitting the game. Once I got my birds all to level 15/60 mastery I said I wasn’t going to grind for an arbitrary new cap ever again. It’s a money-grab by Rovio, plain and simple, that I won’t be a part of.

If Rovio wants to make the game new and fresh they need to simply create Epic 2 instead of doing all these piecemeal gradient changes that are thinly-veiled routes to making people spend actual cash (i.e. everything truly good steers through LC). They are polishing brass on the Titianic if all they can do is rebalance and such. Nothing truly new has been added to the game since the Arena, and that was a loooong time ago. I wouldn’t mind a new world campaign (i.e. Epic 2), but at this point we’re spending most of our time crunching numbers to try to get a feel for what the new balance is, and if we aren’t doing that, we’re grinding just to reach a capriciously raised cap. That’s not fun (not to me, anyway).

Not to mention that grinding is harder now since they took away the lucrative snoutling route (SRC) and have now made it more difficult (if not impossible) to auto-play the Caves. Where can one even appreciably grind for snoutlings or mastery any more?

That’s my long-winded way of saying, “I don’t really care of they up the mastery limit, because in that case I’ll be gone.” *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc No, not this. I mean the “Star Collection” as in the one that is in your camp. That podium beside the shop that show your unlocks regarding how many stars you have collected. THAT one.

@smwforever45
    I checked everywhere but there aren’t any “new” levels. I don’t like that they removed two levels. It basically means those are the tutorial levels and then immediately afterwards, you unlock Chuck. What’s the point? If you are just going to give a character right after the tutorial, then you are making the game easier than it already was.

Previously, two extra levels meant you had to fight battles (as minor and easy they are but still) alone which meant we had to fight to get our way through Porky’s defenses before finally meeting Chuck. Now “Oh my! You completed the tutorial! Here, have free a bird.”

There’s one particular update in between updates (for any studio) that changes everything in the game and it may seem weird but they seem to do it in intervals of a set number of updates and Rovio is no exception to this unspoken rule.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@sutekh137
    That’s well understandable and the same reason why @graugeist quit.
    I’ve sometimes considered quitting, but I’ve grown to this community here, plus the game gives me something to play when I’m bored (besides a few other games I play, like Pokémon GO).

I’m against an Epic 2. All that we ever achieved in Epic 1 would be entirely lost if we all migrated to a new game. I’d rather have an Epic 2 inside Epic 1, AKA a new island, new birds with new classes, or at least new cave levels would already be a start.

I still miss SRC and DPC… but the caves are still a decent place to grind. Of course, if you’ve already advanced to a certain level, that is. I can imagine a lot of mid-game players being quite frustrated.

@datguygamer

I wholeheartedly agree…

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@smwforever45

An understandable viewpoint, but I am the kind of guy that when a game has run its course I’d like to start fresh on something new. My team is well-nigh unstoppable at this point (for all non-arena tasks), I have tons of snoutlings and potions, events are easy to complete, and the Arena is the only challenge (but I don’t play it because I don’t consider pseudo-PvP as fresh). So, the game is in “maintenance mode” for me. I’d rather the thrill of starting with nothing on brand new content (and the community would still be here for that — no reason that a new game would break relationships and the drive to discover new things!).

Not to mention, a lot of these tweaks (and BUGS) we are seeing are due to the very fact that Rovio is trying to make Epic approachable for brand new folks while also keeping the long-time veterans. That gets really, really difficult without adding truly new content (and is even hard if you do!). That’s why I’d rather they pull out all the stops and just go Epic 2, just like they did with AB2. Ironically, I ended up hating AB2 after months of grinding play, but at least it got me going again because the content and gameplay were fresh at first (I just ended up getting rubbed the wrong way by it…as I might an Epic 2, I suppose).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@grimmjow I just played Cave 11/4. I gained mastery towards rank 61. So you gain mastery just by playing. All my birds were 60/15 before the update now they are all 60/60 but each has some towards rank 61. Each has a different amount to reach 61. I don’t know why this should be I have only played the event and the Cave just now. The only birds I have used are Paladin, Wizard and Spies.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    There’s no particular reason. As I’ve stated in the Mastery Points topic, when you updated to 1.5.3 and the game did its balancing, it first converted your current ranks to the new ranks, then gave you a bar fill bonus between 10 and 25% and that’s what you see. This bonus is entirely random, it seems.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I made update to 1.5.3 few minutes ago and my event pigs are level 0. Do u have the same issue?

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I’m pretty sure most of these changes were to take away autoplay from us in the caves. They don’t want us to grind for mastery and snouts.

With every new “update”, it seems they take more and more fun out of the game.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well that level was obviously a LOT more productive than I had originally thought…

2016-10-27-20-23-09.jpg

Seriously though, new bugs and glitches upon existing bugs and glitches…well done again

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    This happens because you started the event before you updated. Someone else reported that too.

@gabe-nestor

I too have this feeling, although it is still possible to auto-play the caves.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer, @smwforever45, @pointless, @kennymcc, @sutekh137,

Seriously … Passage to M15 took place when ? In May/June if I remember well.
    And now they already want to increase the max in 80 ? They think that we have that that to make ?

If I had known, I shall have taken advantage of the bug to put all my classes M61 …

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    It seems that best level to make some Mastery points is Cave 1-5 due to the fact that all Pigs in Cave are level 60, right?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    1-5 isn’t the best level because 1-5 has Shamans who don’t drop mastery 100% of the time. Go for 4-5 or 13-5 or 17-5 instead. Or stick to 11-4 ;)

@grimmjow

Dude you can still bring your birds to M61! Just play the event and cave levels.

@all
    I noticed another change. Ghost pigs now take 3 turns to revive, instead of 2.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I played 1-5 once and got 141 Mastery points. I played 11-4 once and got 126 Mastery points. And I dont like Caves 13 and 17 because Tremor stunning annoys me :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    That’s because 11-4 has seven waves while 1-5 has ten waves. If you break it down to Mastery/wave, 11-4 gives more.

There is something against Cave 4’s stunning. It’s called Mana set ;)

And Cave 17’s stunning doesn’t work properly as far as I know. The bird will get stunned but only during the pigs’ turn.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Has anyone tried to drop those new banner sets? I have suspicion that they DO NOT drop, and ofcourse I am not suprised :) I had like 10 set items drops on GPM and none of it was any part of those new banner sets. Ofcourse I can have some bad luck :D but it is very unlikely :)

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45,

My problem is not to know how to win mastery … For reminder I was first ones to have reached M15 without paying …

My problem it is to tell me that we had only 2-3 months respites before Rovio forces us again to fram !!!

#Small_Tought_For_ @graugeist

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@grimmjow
    I think that increasing Mastery level is not a problem. If u want to play, u just farm to hit the top :) It doesnt matter if u farm the same time (to reach max Mastery) in a row or devided in any time periods, if u know what I mean.
    Increasing Bird Level in short periods is quite a problem because it inceases level of set items and u need to collect all new set items and ofcourse Shards. So I dont care increasing Mastery level much :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I just recieved “EPIC” message, can u look what was changed?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Just some server patches and set item for next month.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer

New set item ? Again ? They will never stop… I’m seriously boring by this game…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 360 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.