Patch 1.5.3 preview

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 360 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@poptimus By the way, I think you should tell them about all the other bugs as well.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@smwforever45
    I hope John Smith still has good health insurance …..

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    I suppose so. What else is there? All cave pigs are level 60. All castle pigs are level 0. Banner pieces no longer show league crown levels. Am I missing anything? What are people talking about with The Blues being OP? I haven’t seen that yet. L

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Still can’t get into the game, on my iPad or in BlueStacks (Android)…

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@poptimus @datguygamer
    Yeah, my friend already made this update and his level 61 Spies are halved too.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@raizir
    Playing Wizpigs castle was a hoot. After your recommendation I used it to raise all my birds from 60 to 61

@kennymcc

The testers are obviously DEAD AND BLIND LOL

ROVIO ARE MASTERS AT MAKING GAMES
    WE BOW TO YOU FOR YOUR MASTERFULNESS.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

Wow just came on to check the comments what a total gong show. Way to go Rovio(sarcastic applause)?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I hope this will be hotfixed before event start. Can we expect it :)?

DD
    @toolow

@dallasreds Now, now. Let’s not be too hasty to heap the blame on testers (or the programmers). They could be inept, undermanned, not given enough time, or ignored. But surely Rovio/Chimera should have adopted unit testing, code review, integration testing and agile development process. To release a broken update time and again is just inexcusable.

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc More likely hotbroken.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@gabe-nestor
    That’s for me to investigate in the next few days I guess.
    However, I don’t believe that caves are meant to be locked at Level 60. Imagine playing through 17 caves with L60 enemies when you’re maybe at L20 after clearing Wizpig’s Castle. That’s insane dude.
    (Then again, they DID say that the initial XP drops when clearing island levels have been increased…)
    Same as the castles at Level 0 – that’s way too easy, castles are meant to be hard levels! This is likely another glitch that will get fixed…
    Since I believe these two things are bugs, I don’t want to set up a new spreadsheet on this before a bug fix version is issued to fix the obvious stuff and possibly tweak some stuff that was changed. Mastery rank #61 is definitely not intended either. A mere oversight I believe.

I didn’t update yet, though. The game didn’t force me to update yet.

@datguygamer

That’s exactly what I believe it means.
    If you’ve already got an M60 bird and you buy a new class, it will give the new class a slight boost based on the fact that you have an M60 bird. I’m not sure how big this bonus is, though… I could’ve tested it but I bought Thunderbird a few days before the update came out :/

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@toolow
    I programmed for a decade in my younger years and if I put out product like this where it got worse after every update I probably wouldn’t have been in business very long and every customer wouldn’t have been very happy.
    Did I mention I haven’t been able to log into FB for a week and my banner emblem is blank after I enter a battle. Anyone else seeing this?
    It’s just gonna get more fun right?

kyododom
    @kyododom

Mastery upgrades at the Dojo have not been changed to reflect the new mastery levels. Example: my Lvl.14 Elite Bard was about 1,500 points away from Lvl.15 prior to the upgrade. Now the Elite Bard is Lvl.59 but is something like 8,000 points away from Lvl.60. However, the upgrades you can buy with snouts have not been recalibrated and are still only worth 500 points.

Raxor
    @mndc

I knew something like that would happen somehow, so, we’re at one day before the start of the event, they nerfed our birds, so what can we do ? Surrender ?

Also, what is that trend of Rovio to nerf the birds in their games ?
    Does they think it’s fun to nerf everything to the ground or what ?

Because it actually shows that they hate us, the players, for playing their games, that’s all I can see about that.

I hope a fix will be made, but tbqh, never changing it was a far better solution.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Still can’t get into the game… “Loading Balancing…”

DD
    @toolow

@dallasreds Aye, exactly.
    I believe your entry in my friend list have dropped to level 1, and lost its name and avatar. Perhaps the system still thinks you’re still logged on when you’re not.
    Fun? For the players? May be that’s not part of their specification.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I just found on the ABE Facebook page that, what they meant with the mastery boost, is that a newly purchased class will start off with 50% of your highest ranked bird. So if you’ve already got an M60 bird, any newly purchased class will be M30 (equal to M7 and a half) from the start.

My gosh this update is hell. I’ll try to play as much as I can without updating…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Well that’s good to know. Too bad most of us already rusted our gears off to max out our classes. :/

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 thank god i have update it yet i am still playing at the old version i log in into facebook and i saw near half of my friends to be powered between 100-150 max?! And to think that the same birds where around 400 power!

Is there any way to “hack” or do something to not forced to update the game?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    And I bought my last class just a few days ago. Aaaaagh!

@elpapam

I was just about to say the same.

The friend at the top is still on the old version, with M12 Spies. All the others have updated. They lost roughly 60-70% of their original power. And funnily, being M59, M60 or M61 doesn’t make much of a difference here. M61 is stronger than M60 on my side, in fact.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I know, I feel bad for all our maxed-out peeps, like @pixelyzed. At least the game is semi-playable for us… those peeps have to say goodbye to the arena for now. I played with my 61/61/61 team and was destroyed LOL

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@toolow
    I’m not sure that auto-testing would have caught the mastery 61 error… after all; my birds were at m60 with a FULL mastery bar after the update as opposed to the normally empty bar you have on max rank.
    That said; one single play through by a person would have seen it immediately.
    Regarding the needing of birds in arena I somewhat welcome it. The birds have outgrown the banners to the point where not so much luck is needed to down the banner in the first round. That said it is unfortunately implemented in the usual “not thought through enough”-way I’ve come to expect of this game.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I saw on a FB post that there are new potions in the Professor’s lab available. I haven’t let my game update yet, but has anyone gone to the lab and see what the new ones are? It looked like they are:

One bird’s health 3075
    Fill the rage chili 90%
    All bird’s health 1500

Does this mean if we are sitting on a bunch of resources to make cherry juice or whatever that we should make them all before we upgrade? It’s undoubtedly going to take more resources to make these potions after the update. And I recall that all of your old get turned into new ones when you upgrade the potions.

DD
    @toolow

@napoleongl Not sure what you mean by ‘auto-testing’ but the M61 error can be caught with unit and integration testing. You can set up tests to verify that M60 birds 1 point below M61 do not level up after winning battles. Depending on their implementation, the problem may be caught during development by the programmers before the app is passed to testers for QA. The testers can further verify it with automated testing having set up the preconditions. There is absolutely no good reason to skip these processes. Any self worth programmer or tester would have done this.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 360 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.