New Event: Halloween

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Halloween

Viewing 15 replies - 126 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@puffybird To me the rewards wheel seemed fine. I got 6000 All, 6000 Chuck and 6000 Matilda on my 2nd spin. However the event medals wheel seemed very rigged to me. Several times it took about 12 spins (No joke) to get the item on the board (Yes I know it’s better to do the 7 Stamina battles for items but the 3 Stamina one was quicker :P). And pretty much every other battle took 4-7 respins for the item. At the end though when I had about 10 Candy I didn’t have to respin even once to get the other 10. Guess it balanced a little :P. But still it was a huge waste of FE at the start so it’s good that I have tons.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I had to wait about 5 minutes for the “Calculating” message to finish, then I only had to spend 10 FE to get 6k Matilda, 6k Chuck and 6k all which is exactly what I wanted since my Illusionist and Witch classes are the weakest.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

Partshade – tell me about it! On the harder levels where there are two prizes on the wheel, once I had to respin four times because the two prizes were on the way left and right. Unhappy camper…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I probably “wasted” up to a dozen FE on respins, even playing the 7 Stam fights, but that’s because I am impatient and wanted the hat early. Had I timed it to finish early Sunday, I probably wouldn’t have needed to spend those FE.

OTOH, I got the hat with plenty of time to spare, and didn’t sweat it getting the 6k All/Blues/Bomb, so being able to relax is worth something, right?

PuffyBird
    @puffybird

I respun only once or twice to get items but otherwise just relaxed and played the 3 stam events until I got all the parts for the day. I got the witch class with a day and a half to spare. The free item from the treasure chest every 12 hours helped a lot to lessen the stress.

angryde
    @angryde

@partshade @bikerdood @graugeist @puffybird I agree, if anything, the event medal/components wheel seemed MOAR rigged. I was a little worried – towards the end of the event – that I wouldn’t meet the final component target without using some EF for re-spins. However, I decided to remain calm, and use as few “Essences of Friendship” as possible. I “only” have 900, so I need to be tactical! I also “only” have 260 “Stamina Drinks,” and, again, didn’t wanna waste them. So, I tried to time everything so I’d get “Witch” about two hours prior to the completion of the event. I was much more focused on getting to replay the “Golden Piggy” section three times. Last time around, I messed it all up and only got to complete it twice. Annoyed! Of course, this was (all) only possible because I had a dead board… I was second on a pathetic 19,000 or thereabouts. Lol.

Anonymous

@angryde @puffybird @graugeist @bikerdood Yeah Rovio definitely did something. It seems in most of my rerolls the item landed on the exact same spot 3-5 times in a row which is next to impossible legitimately. This happened in MANY battles. And I’m bolding it to make a statement to Rovio if they read this comment.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I found it necessary to reroll virtually every time to get the items. On one occasion it was 11 times. I do not think this happened by chance and I’m glad to know I am not paranoid.

angryde
    @angryde

@puffybird See… you paranoia WAS justified! Even @bubbley was suspicious :-D

Nostromov
    @nimd4

@mvnla2, @killerkea

I spent about 150 FE on wheel spins.

^^ That is, completely, crazy… LOL!! :) :)

At best (!), I used to have about… IDK., maybe ~90 to 100 FE; when collecting for a while. To have 150+ you would have to have… How many friends and for how long, how many requests (I have a list of 4/4 pages); & I guess one, or two, guys – but, on my friends list -basically- everyone was above, by far.

0k, I will have to agree w/you that they’re not cheating… It’d be stupid, I know; & thank you for taking the time to reply (& not just hear)!.. However, I can’t settle for it – because I wasn’t doing bad at all; in fact, I was on a quite a roll and then: I take a look at the scoreboards & it seems so unbelievable. Ah, well! xD

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nimd4 — Well I only have 280 FE following the Halloween event. I probably wouldn’t have spent as much if it hadn’t been for the new class. I’ve been playing Epic since it first came out, which appears to be a little more than 1.5 yrs ago. I didn’t have FB friends at first, but rapidly realized they are close to essential for reasonable progress. I believe there are still a few die-hards who have made their way through the entire game without friends. I have almost 5 full pages of friends and get at least 5 FE per day. Since I now have pretty good birds, people borrow them, which gives more essence. I have gone through my lists of weapons and offhand items several times to clean out duplicate legendary items, which also gives one FE.
    I am not going to clean my items until after the next event, because the ninja pigs generally are immune to damage greater than some amount, so weaker legendary items might be useful.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

“I believe there are still a few die-hards who have made their way through the entire game without friends.”

*raises hand*

Yeah, that’d be me. Playing from the beginning, and I’ve got ALL the stuff, with a team of 12s for Arena.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

I also have been doing ABE with no FB friends. I’ve tried setting up an account just for Epic, but couldn’t get it to work. I have less than 100 FE, but that hasn’t prevented me from taking first place in the last several special events. I have three birds that are level 12 and most of the rest are 11s – a few 10s and the newer Chuck and Witch are I think 7 and 5.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m similar, though my new classes are 9-8-5 — I’m focusing on getting my 10s to 11s before Witch.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@nimd4 Unlike most people I have well over 10,000 essence and I don’t use Facebook. I experienced a bug where items in my inventory kept getting duplicated or triplicated because I’d often switch between my iPad and iPhone without logging out on either device. Sometimes when the game synchronized it duplicated items. Recycling old set items gives you 1 essence and newer set items give you 6 essence. My items got duplicated faster than I could recycle them so as a result I had to spend 40-60 hours recycling, but I earned a lot of essence, resources and some snoutlings. However my inventory got so big it took 2-5 minutes to open and up to a minute to recycle each item. Eventually my inventory got so big the game would crash whenever I tried to open my inventory.

The drawbacks were that I could never change my equipment or banner items except for my weapons since those didn’t get duplicated. I used to have 2 or more versions of every set item except the new ones, but I lost nearly all my set items except the ones I was equipped with when Rovio fixed my save file because the fix was to delete my inventory so I’m missing a bunch of sets now.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Halloween

Viewing 15 replies - 126 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.