New Event: Halloween

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Halloween

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 140 total)
  • Replies
  • BINH
    @binh

I never use stamina drinks except for the golden pig dungeon. I’m 1st rn with just +2000 pts. Looks like it’ll be a comfortable event

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you have some essence to waste and want to score more points, the current best strategy would be to only play the 3 stamina battles and respin only when you get the lowest values which is 25, 50 and 75 for a total of 150. You’ll spend an essence 25% of the time and each essence you spend is worth 45 extra points. Even if you don’t have essence to waste the 3 stamina battles are by far the best to rack up points.

It is 2.25 hours since my last post and I’m now in 1st with 6850.

Note: This strategy will change later on since the top wheel award is likely to be higher than 450 the farther you go in the Halloween event. In the last event the top award on the wheel was either 1000 or 1250 when you beat Dr Eggman.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@nimd4 – I’m currently running 4,225 points and I could easily be 5,000+ or 6,000+ if I had decided to use FE or saved stamina. Or just not had any freezes… Maybe after you finish getting your 5/5, you’ll see how he’s getting +1000 pts in just a few minutes.

BINH
    @binh

I’ve not got the freeze yet but can anyone getting it decribe more detailly so that others can avoid it like the illusionist event?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

In my case, I crash back to the OS. I’m assuming it’s yet another video screwup.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

For me when the fight is supposed to begin the background loads, but no birds load on screen so my only choice is to force quit since it will stay that way for hours if I let it. This can happen in regular combats, the arena and the Halloween event. It seems to be random when it happens so I just have to suffer a loss in the arena or loss of stamina in the event. Fortunately it only happens about once every 15-20 battles.

Sometimes I crash back to the desktop too. The crash back to the desktop is most likely to happen when watching free videos, but can happen elsewhere too.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I made a big mistake calculating the value of essence for a respin. Each essence is worth 8/1425 = 178.125 when used when you only get 150 points.

Sosich
    @so78

@killerKea I’m with you in the event ;) i want to be first so good luck :p

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Wait a minute. Ghosts in normal levels will revive in 2 turns, but it takes 3 turns for them to revive in this event. Has anyone noticed it?

Lodz
    @lodz

I am wondering what will happen when i don’t collect 55 stars. King pig won’t be able to escape :)
    Till to this time i get 18 stars, but from tomorrow i will try to win with 1 star only.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

For those that wonder about the frequency of the chests in this event: it seems like they show up again 12 hours after you opened a chest which means that they appear twice per day with a random class item.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@lodz — If you don’t get 55 stars, you will not be able to play the GP dungeon. Don’t think anyone else will be verifying your result if you continue trying to get as few * as possible. : D
    (Not to mention it will be very difficult to collect all the items and get Matilda’s new class.)

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

So I just finished getting the second type of items for the Witch class and got a message that this became available:
    Screenshot_2015-10-24-22-50-52.png

It seems to be Mastery exclusive for the new class and by longpressing it it says “contains 1,000” so 1000 Mastery for 220 Lucky Coins for just one class? Does not seem worth it :-/

KillerKea
    @killerkea

When you get the 10th pumpkin you get that offer, but it definitely isn’t worth spending 220 LC since it will be easy to collect all the materials to get the Witch for free. The top prize on the wheels is still 450 after you collect the pumpkins.

slav3r
    @slav3r

anyone else having problem about stamina refilling automatically?
    i played all the games i had enough staminas for, and i have 2 now, but the counter looks stucked at 17:14 (i dont even know how can this be 17 minutes, since it’s supposed to be counting backwards from 15).
    update: restarted the app, and the counter is at 17:13 now…i dont know how can this be.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

So after having defeated the midway boss in this event it seems like an exclamation point has appeared on level 2 for me. Does anyone know what that means?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@slav3r If you lose your internet connection, you will see incorrect numbers for some things. For example, the dojo will show “Next classes in 12:34:56” and won’t count down when it should be 3 hours or less.

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

@angryjohnny have same thing. Think it’s just a bug. The exclamation mark was over Franken Pig before he was beaten.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryjohnny — Special offer for witch class decreases in cost as you finish each day, it appears.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

After you collect all the bones you get the special offer for the witch again, but it decreases from 220 LC to 190 LC. The top award is still 450 points for the first 10 areas when you have nothing to collect.

rogstepper
    @rogstepper

Well so far I have wasted 42 stamina points trying to get past the 6th level today, It crashes in the first wave every time I try to play the seven Stamina round that opened today. Have uninstalled and restarted/reinstalled twice. This is really irritating. Not sure playing this game is worth it much longer. We keep getting new levels and colorful changes but the same old crashing issue just doesn’t seem to be getting addressed.

angryde
    @angryde

@rogstepper Ever thought of switching to an Android emulator like Bluestacks? I’d played the game for over a year on my iPad 2 but two updates ago it became utterly unplayable. Now, I play the game on my iMac via Bluestacks and the performance is absolutely flawless. Fast, smooth, no crashes and no bugs/glitches… ever! I just wish I’d made the switch earlier. The amount of resources I could’ve saved! (FYI the game requires anything up to 1.3 gigs to run cleanly… that’s going to push many mobile devices, regardless).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I got my 15, despite some crashes, and am surprised that the top prize is still 450, rather than something slightly higher, say 500.

Interesting that my board only has 1 other really active player, and she’s way down. But then the rest of my board is midgets, all level 20 or less! If only I could switch my Arena board with my Halloween board…

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

The Ectoplasm round is no pushover! I lost a bird in Halloween-11 (you can’t use Red). Halloween-12 was easy, but I had to cancel out of Halloween-13 due to a high HP ghost (18K I think ) along with multiple small ghost minions. Big ghost calls additional small ghosts, so if you don’t knock him out you’ll have a screen full of opponents! (I had some that I couldn’t see on my phone screen.) And then you don’t have enough attacks to take them all out. You need a powerful team to take down the strong big ghost, a healer to remove slime, along with Bomb to clear out the smaller ghosts with a chili. 13 also has Tranquil Air that makes your chili fill more slowly.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Tell me about it.. I was used to pushover rounds in these events, this one took me by surprise and I ended up using juices and cakes to keep my birds alive as they was mismatched.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Halloween

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.