New Event: Halloween

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Halloween

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 140 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 it makes my head spin too… all my birds are about 18,000 away from R-11 (ex. illusionist and witch and all the LC purchase classes). Granted, I haven’t been super consistent about visiting the dojo four times per day… and no SRC grinding of late… so it’s entirely my own fault. I’m looking forward to the end of the Halloween event… as the mastery bonuses should bump several of my classes close to the R-11.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

Oh, no, you should be surprised. I spent LC and got my birds all to level 11 and then some, and have been Dojo-ing like crazy ever since the lift to mastery 12. Still have a lot of birds at 11. If someone is at all 12, they almost have to have spent LC or done some sort of auto-battle automation via Blue Stacks, etc. I don’t know how anyone could otherwise have everyone up to 12, especially with the Illusionist coming out just a couple months ago. One would have had to have had all birds at 12 already in order to launch the Illusionist all the way to 12 at the Dojo, such that now they cal launch the Witch all the way.

Thanks,
    JoeK

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Maybe these accounts were seeing are people who play test/beta test some of the patches? They get early access and can level up their classes before they’re released?

Likewise they could be developer accounts. Accounts developers created for themselves for testing/modification/etc?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The 6k will get my Spies to 12, if I’m not already there, and will push my Sea Dog within 10k of 12. At that point, I’ll have a full 12/12/12 team for Arena.

PuffyBird
    @puffybird

In the last event I encountered a “feature” with the reward wheel. The event ended while I was in the car and I spun the reward wheel just before I went into an area with poor/no coverage. I got the 1500 for all birds on the first shot. Great! However, I then went to do something else and came back in a few hours to discover the game restarting and the reward wheel came up again. This time it cost me 3 re-spins to get the 1500 for all. So, I’m going to try to exploit this “feature” on the spin this time. When the wheel comes up, put the phone in airplane mode, then spin the wheel. If I don’t get it on the first spin, keep re-spinning until I do get it, then force exit the game, turn airplane mode off, restart the game and repeat the cycle. I think the key is to make sure you always finish on a good spin, just in case something goes wrong. The 6000 mastery for all is too valuable to miss.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@oobear My strategy was to respin whenever I didn’t get an item, respin whenever I got the minimum from the wheel which is a total of 150, only do the 3 stamina battles and try not to lose any free stamina. I think I spent about 150 essence. I also spent 12 stamina potions yesterday so I could make sure I’d be able to complete the Golden Cloud Castle 4 times before the event ends.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla I used auto play in SRC and 10 wave battles in cave 9 to get my birds to rank 12. Thought I might not make it before this event and in fact it was the day after it started. In the last few days the dojo did virtually all the work. With all at 12 it just took one visit to the dojo and about 10 minutes hitting the coin.

It was a slog and so boring I questioned my sanity but I really wanted to rank up Illusionist with just snouts. With the promised new birds so soon I wanted it to be over with.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bubbley

I’ve never figured out — how do you auto-play when ads are part of the sequence of screen? Or do you mean you just hit the auto button and let them play? That still takes a TON of dedication, my hat’s off to you! I ground from level 7 to 10 when mastery was first introduced and there was no way I was going to do that again to go from 10 to 12…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@sutekh137 hard grinding on autoplay was all I used. I wouldn’t have a clue how to use blue stacks. I was getting about 60 per bird in SRC and between 120 and 150 in cave 9 for each battle. Yes it was a horrible few weeks which I hope never to repeat.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@sutekh137 I don’t have any ads. I never have unless I agree to watch them and then it’s my choice. I have, in fact, never understood all the discussion about ads.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bubbley

Interesting idea about using Cave 9, but then aren’t you only advancing two birds at once? Three birds times 60 is 180, and two birds times 120 is 240. Still better, but the ten-wave battle has to take way longer, no? And you don’t get the snoutlings you do at SRC…

How do you not have ads??? There isn’t an ad-free version of Epic that I know of…

Have you purchased a lot of LC in the past? I have read that doing so can make ads go away for a while as Rovio gives you a break since you spent real cash. But other than that, how are you avoiding ads? Thousands of players would love to know!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@sutekh137 yes the cave only uses 2 birds but the battles take much longer and since I was also doing other things it was convenient to have not to think about it for that time. It also benefits my friends to borrow their birds. I believe that friendship is not just about being able to benefit from use of birds. I try to regularly borrow birds even just to farm seeds so that my friends benefit from extra essence.

Frankly I can’t remember that I ever had to watch ads but then I think I bought the game in the first place. I certainly have paid for angry birds, space, Rio seasons etc. I did download Stella for free but the ads drove me crazy within a few minutes so I binned it. I bought LC to buy the golden chilli eons ago but I still didn’t watch ads before doing that I would never have tolerated it. Angry birds in various guises is the only computer game I have ever played. Ads are not part of my tolerance I a simply would not have played and would not be here now.

I don’t know what else to tell you. That’s it.

Missed a question. Actually I encounter the wealthy rogue so often in cave 9 that I still have 750k in snoutlings.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sutekh137 — I believe that if you buy even the lowest amount of LC, you will not see ads. However, it’s been a long time.

Nostromov
    @nimd4

@killerkea, @graugeist, fortunately @the end – it seems that there’s only (the) one guy who’s cheating (like crazy?!) on the leader-board: their score is moar than x2 of mine… & I’d been playing, pretty much, the whole -entire- time. Hear are teh six (6) screenshots, of that situation:

View post on imgur.com

Heh. :)

*I know, how, I’m going on (and on) about cheaters; but, unless that guy is spending $100 a week on Angry Birds Epic – don’t really see a way they could’ve done it, blah.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@nimd4 I am currently over 70,000 points and I have not cheated in any way. That person’s score is very feasible in this event.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nimd4 — I agree with @angryjohnny. I’m at 56900, and the first on my board is 59675. I’m sure I haven’t cheated, and I’m pretty sure the other person hasn’t either. I did use FE to re-spin for higher scores, and sometimes uses stamina drinks to make sure I completed items quickly and got to play the GP dungeon as soon as possible. I stopped using very much FE a day or 2 ago, because there is no chance I will drop to 4th. I have been playing Epic since the beginning, so have plenty of FE, tons of snoutlings, and still a decent amount of stamina drinks.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

60k is nothing, probably not cheating. I got to 45,000 even and simply stopped playing for the last 18 hours, after I had gotten Witch. Nobody else was even close. I could easily have gotten 60k if I had wanted.

Anyhow, I got 6k ALL, 6k Bomb, 6k Blues. Perfect!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@nimd4 I guarantee you that person isn’t cheating and the score isn’t hard to achieve at all. I finished with 87,775. I spent about 150 FE on wheel spins. I estimate my score would have been 30-35k less if I hadn’t spent any FE on wheel spins. If I hadn’t stopped spending FE 4+ days ago, I’d have 25k+ more. If you stuck to only doing the 3 stamina battles you would have averaged 109 points per stamina point spent assuming you did not do any re-spins. You get up to 96 free stamina/day so you could have scored 10,500 points/day without re-spinning the wheel. However you are only earning an average of 53 points per stamina point when while you are earning items.

BINH
    @binh

I got 3×6k mastery points. Now i have 9 classes left to grind

PuffyBird
    @puffybird

I did try my trick with airplane mode before spinning (and force exiting if I got a result I didn’t like), and it did work, but it took me 12-13 times to get a result I could live with. Eventually I settled for one re-spin to get 6k for all. This seems to strongly suggest that Rovio has skewed their “random” spin against the players. There is like a ~0.4% chance (if I did my math right, (5/8)^12) that 12 spins would result in NONE of them coming up with a 6k for all result. And that’s not even counting the sometimes 3-4 re-spins in between, too.

angryde
    @angryde

@puffybird I got 6000/6000/6000:ALL on my second re-spin. So, 20x FE used; 3x spins in all. I’m not sure if my experience is remotely typical.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@puffybird @angryde I got 6000 All/6000 Chuck/6000 Blues (I think) on my first spinn so I did not spend any FE on the wheel.

PuffyBird
    @puffybird

Maybe it’s just me, then, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Rovio is getting extra stingy, given their financial woes. I do know that my experience with the golden pig machine is very bad. Even with the advanced GPM and the 5x monthly bonus, I got far fewer set items than I used to get with the weekly rainbow riots. (Only one or two non-duplicates–and from crummy sets at that–when I have only a handful of level 52 items.)

angryde
    @angryde

@puffybird See, my experience – thus far (disclaimer!) – with the AGPM has been decidedly positive! Certainly, it’s been more productive that the old GPM. I’m really sorry that you’ve had such a statistically unfavorable run… really sux :-(

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@sutekh137 I spent a $20 gift card on LC’s like a year ago (and then proceeded to stop playing until about 2 days ago). I have no ads.

I got the 6000all/6000/6000 using only 1 re-spin :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Halloween

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.