My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It might settle down, but then again depending on the accessories that get unlocked after obtaining Acid Storm we might be dealing with another rush for those as well.

sheepybach
    @paul13

On the screenshot I posted he was P2 with 7740 hell of a jump 9000. He’s nearly 17000 now.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@20qmindreader,

Nope different gruop

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Must be nice to have that much time (AND probably money) to be able to just sit there and spend gems and run node after node after node.

If some players really are spending real cash on that many gems, then Rovio’s hit on a far more profitable model than just selling TFs for cash like they did with Nemesis and Hot Rod.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Or, daddy’s going to get a surprise when the credit card bill comes with junior out of school and playing on his device. Then daddy will complain because it is someone else’s responsibility to protect him.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

I don’t know about recharge hacks, but apparently there are some gem hacks out there (or were – I’d be shocked if Rovio hadn’t figured out a way to close those down after almost two years).

If there were recharge hacks, I’m sure someone would have caught wind of it by now.

@millforce2k

Hm, that’s a possibility. Would also explain how it is that these players have so much free time on their hands.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@20qmindreader the guy at the top of mine is roughly at 5300. Thanks to my alarm clock, I woke up 4 hours after I went to bed to do some runs, then went back to sleep. I’m around 4300 and in the third tier. I should be fine getting the bot if I can at least get the daily token max but that’s probably it unless I get less chaotic boards like I have. This daily max wasn’t bad, especially with incendiary rounds. After the horrible gold brick challenge, I worry we’ll have something else as demanding. I still don’t get why this was shorter than the previous two.

sheepybach
    @paul13

This is crazy p2 on my screen shot is now p1 but get this he has 22740 which another 11000 he got in a few hours.
    Is anybody able to make any sense out of this? I’m now more convinced that it’s not a human

sheepybach
    @paul13

He’s 27103 now. I give up I can’t even get in the top 10 lol I should be able to get the 550 but not much, right today off as a bad job.

Well I never haha my grandson just been on Skype chuffed to beans as he’s P1 on his board with 1800+. Wish I was on that 1 lol. He’ll not get P1 as he will miss the last 5hrs or so as he be in bed lol

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I really miss just shooting at different pigs. As far as getting 550, the wood has been the best even though I’m not at the top. Either way, each of these events are getting worse. I’d issue a ticket but I think Rovio is really trying to push people into spending more and more money.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Scores like that are why I never start in the first two hours. I’d rather miss out on a few runs and have a chance at the top spot (sometimes without even using gems) than have to use tons of gems to just get into the top six/ten. Let the ultra competitive players fight among themselves.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sntrooper

It’s really luck of the draw. I started playing in the second hour of Day 3 and the top guy in my group is just a shade over 3,000, which is pretty reasonable.

The other advantage of starting earlier is that you have more time to hit the challenge targets while spending fewer gems to do so.

cbya
    @cbya

The big Q as always with these comps – why can’t they tell us in advance if accessories will be unlocked once the TF is?

Who thinks AcidStorm accessories will be purchaseable with tokens? I’m going with yes, esp cuz he’s been pictured with that yellow thing on his head and the purple / rocket plane thing on his arm.

Maybe one of you stud players who’s been scoring top 1 every day can tell us sometime tomorrow :)

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yo all
    When you use gems to recharge it starts at 10 then 20 what is the next amount and how high in gems can you go for recharging???????? Thanks in advance.

P1 is now 30432
    P2 is now 29641
    P3 is 5905
    P14 is 3001 that’s me lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

“When you use gems to recharge it starts at 10 then 20 what is the next amount and how high in gems can you go for recharging????????”

10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, (you get the idea) ….

Limit? Probably none at all. Rovio would never stop people from spending gems.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Recharges go 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 and then continue at 100.

sheepybach
    @paul13

OK thank you both. Those 2 must have no end of gems then to get to that number.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Aye, there were some gem hacks when ABT first came out. Even if they were eventually shut down, the people who used those hacks early could potentially still have millions of gems on hand.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

So, I’ve done some googling and found that there are cheat codes readily available. However, to apply them is more elusive. The few sites I saw had a convoluted process to obtain the steps. These are apparently used by developers to test their games. The codes would essentially give someone unlimited gems or other resources. You probably stumbled upon a board where you had a group of people that weren’t trying to win, but rather screw the others. Hopefully it isn’t widespread.

@gradientturtle7
    @arceemega @lewie4 If we see over the top scoring like @paul13 is seeing, are you able to identify if they are in fact fraudulent?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Well I never there are cheats for this game lol its not something I would think of looking for lol

If I can stay awake I’ll take another screenshot of my board as near to the end time as I can and will post it in the morning.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

Considering the unusual to get tokens from this challenge, I’m worried what the rest will be this week.

Geli
    @geli

“Or, daddy’s going to get a sudrprise when the credit card bill comes with junior out of school and playing on his device. Then daddy will complain because it is someone else’s responsibility to protect him. ”

@millforce2k
    Too true!! I’ll stop there, hoping that even my comment is not a violation of the TOS for this forum!

Geli
    @geli

Real life intervened today, and was only able to play 5 rounds that included a late gem recharge. Finished 4th; the good news is that I maxed out on the 550 earned tokens. 1900 more…

Reading @deszaras and @paul13 posts is discouraging. My cohort leaders with 3 minutes remaining were 4668, 3972, with my 3256 as #4. There may have been some gem spending, depending on the time zones of the leader, but certainly nowhere near the order of magnitude .reported above.

When I first started this game, I did as @millforce2k posted above and read of a number of player hacks for getting gems. Seem to recall a report somewhere (not here in ABN) that Rovio was banning (correct term?) the IP of hackers of their games.

nykki
    @diamond72

I hit a major glitch more than once and lost a life because of it. The time when the wooden blocks were the target, the blocks were black and un destroy able (auto correct, I don’t know!) and then I hit this black wall. I had to restart and lost a life. 5000 tokens is a lot especially if you can’t stay at home to play. The events have all needed with me at work, which sucks. I sometimes spend the first ten gems to get full lives, but then it’s twenty gems to refill lives. I really miss when you used the pigs to open up new characters.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

@diamond72

That glitch is called the “end of the world.” I’m not sure exactly what triggers it. I’ve hit it on regular nodes in Cobalt Valley an several times in the desert. During this comp, I hit it the first day on a desert run, restarted and lost a charge.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.