Modding

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 784 total)
  • Replies
  • DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

There’s an FPS counter and multiple editors in the game files (ABSpace and Rio had one revealed via options.lua), trying to enable them… Forgot one thing about compiling, using that with filelocations cause metadata about your device’s (used to compile) file location to be written to the LUA during compilation (use -s to compile excluding them), that may cause byte issues or personal PC information giveaways, also I failed to use a modified LUA, got stuck at the boot screen, doubt its the SHA1 hashing in executables… also compiling LUAs give smaller size than the game’s, even without modifications, its LUA 5.1.5 BTW, you get a header error if you use 5.1.4 to compile/view while compiled or not.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@thepeckybird Same here.

UPDATE(because I didn’t see the purpose in making another reply after one of my own): I made and Angry Birds Customs category on The Spriters Resource, if you wanna upload some sprites that you’re gonna use in your mod/look for sprites to use in your mod then this is the place to be, keep in mind that it hasn’t been accepted yet and you can’t download any submissions but you can submit sprites.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@beakymcfeather Whoa! Looks like I missed a lot here!

I really like the idea of making harder levels and including Trick or Treat episode. Good luck!

RizDub
    @rizdub

I still haven’t been able to figure out how to decompile LUAs yet. My biggest problem is trying to find out how to get unluac or quickBMS on a Mac…

Whenever I look through the data files I notice a few extra level files (the PC version has only a few, but the mobile version has a ton of them). I’ve tried to swap out the actual level with the extra level, but this is all I get when I try to play them:

Glitchy level

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Unluac is Java, not a Windows only thing… Just get Java and use Terminal java -jar UNLUAC.jar .LUA > Decom.LUA. Also QuickBMS has Mac builds for terminal use and dummy bytes can be a problem after recompiling, that might be what have caused me to get stuck on the splash screen when replacing credits.lua to show debugging information…

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@rizdub I once tried something similar to this, I tried putting a level from Trick or Treat in Seasons version 4.0.1 in Poached Eggs in PC version 1.0.0, the game crashed as soon as I got to it, and the same thing happened when I got to that level by playing the previous one.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Currently modding 4.1.0 – 4.0.0(PC)

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Here’s some screenshots of the mod for 4.1.0 coming soon.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Forgot Shockwave.

This is custom btw. This is a edit of the chrome sprites.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

<p style=”text-align: center;”>V1: v4.1.0</p>
                         V2: Birdday Party 5 update

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Do not mod Angry Birds Classic v7.9.8, the bug that randomly freezes the game is still present (despite I and many probably told Rovio to fix it before they pushed v7.9.8), it occurs less offline with my tests, but online has common chances. Wait until a fix for this bug in a new update is present and mod that version instead, it wouldn’t be nice to modify a broken version…

RizDub
    @rizdub

If I were to mod a more current version of Angry Birds Classic (which I am thinking about), I would mod v7.8.0. It’s the only version that has all the currently-released levels AND does not include the star currency. (I’m not sure how stable it is, I’ll have to put it on Bluestacks or something and test it…)

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Nice to see some activity here, I was worried this thread might die.

RizDub
    @rizdub

So modding Angry Birds isn’t high on my priority list, but I felt like I should provide a teaser of what I’ve been working on.

AB mod teaser
    (Still trying to figure out what to do with the pigs…)

Also @thepeckybird am I reading your posts correctly, that you were able to update the PC version of the game from 4.0.0 to 4.1.0?

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Uhh… I found something on Rovio’s Terms of Service that may disagree with us modding the game:

Code of Conduct
    You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

Use,either directly or indirectly, any cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Services.

The thing is, the PC versions are discontinued, I don’t know for sure if this applies to them or not, you can read the Terms of Service here, this makes modding the games a grey area.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@beakymcfeather There might be a little leniency as far as stuff like that goes, as the ToS also mentions decompiling or reverse engineering the games; however, when I first posted my list of levels that had changed in AB2 updates, the first response was from a Rovio employee who said that I made the list before he could ask the level designers for one, and said “most impressive.” Making the list did require some amount of decompiling.

But yes, we do need to be careful about how we go about this.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Trying to get debugging utilities on 4.0.0 PC… let’s see how that goes…

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@dante-mele That would be great, currently as the only thing that can be changed in recent versions is the sound, music, and graphics. You can edit the levels in 1.0.0 but you can’t make new levels entirely, you have to replace pre-existing ones.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

I got the editor on the Android version (but it’s definitely meant for a computer as the UI is huge and not much to do on editing levels due to PC keyboard inputs are required…) I made the game think it isn’t a releaseBuild and I got 1. Debugging info in the credits. 2. QA button on the main menu (that crashes the game) and 3. Shows MightyLeague TestLevels, let’s try others…

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

I got some more debugging info and utilities now with more attempts on modding the game. Some were: 1. The Mighty Eagle randomly unlocks for a session until app reboot. 2. QA button leading to the Mighty League Debug/Dev Menu (NO I’M NOT RELEASING OR SHOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS HERE) 3. Mock video watching (even offline, fake watching. 4. Completely turn off ALL ads. 5. Game shows errors about a remote configuration file while offline and 6. QA button visible on main menu (but it lags so much… and doesn’t work…) some testing button 7. Show errors based on savegame LUA corruptions.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@dante-mele Wow, you’d think they’d remove all that before releasing the game.

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.