Modding

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 784 total)
  • Replies
  • Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Another Thing i added.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

I made a fun little image to replace the Rovio splash screen if anyone wants to use it in their mod.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Added it into the game. Worked Perfectly.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

LUAs aren’t obfuscated, they are compiled, you can decompile them with java -jar unluac.jar file.lua > file_decompiled.lua to get a more readable format. Also where to find GraphicConverter for Windows or an alternative?

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@dante-mele If you’re making custom levels for version 1.0.0 for PC then just open the .lua files in the levels folder and copy and paste the code into there (be sure it replaces the old level!) and you should be good to go.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@dante-mele I think GraphicConverter is a Mac-only program. Try other image editing programs that allow importing raw data.

Also, regarding the decompiled lua files – I’ve seen information about unluac before, but I don’t know how to compile that kind of program for a Mac.

My ultimate Angry Birds modding goal is to expand Angry Birds Stella beyond the first two chapters; the biggest roadblock I have is not knowing how to obtain the AES encryption key; I’ve seen tutorials but they all go way over my head. Is there anyone with more knowledge of this kind of thing that would be able to help with this?

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

I’m modifying the Android version. Also thanks for the advice and the LZMA header is unique for each LZMA-7z encrypted LUA or JSON, aside from the config ZIPs and root config.json, so hex it back after modifying one.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

the loadlist.lua in the latest version comes up in 7zip as a file.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

the output .lua file is empty.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LfM_BFo7Cak54wwa0Mwl2SNlzUSalxzk/view?usp=sharing here’s the file. its what comes if you decrypt the current version of AB Classic’s loadlist.lua

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

i would like someone try to decompile it and send me the link of the decompiled file.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Here you go. http://www.filedropper.com/loadlistdecompiled. Also there’s multiple files with this name in themes_PLATFORM, base, 1024×768, 1024x768_splash and 1024x600_splash. A QuickBMS script can be used to decrypt (MOST) asset files, some fail…

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Thanks, btw where can i find the quickbms script?

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Angry Birds Classic (2021)

But in all funnyness, how to i reencrypt .lua and .json files?

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Encrypt the LUAs? You don’t, you compile them for Lua 5.1.4 (Lua version the game uses), replace the clean ones in the archive for each (if you don’t have any, decrypt an LUA by yourself with OpenSSL or something similar then delete the first 9 bytes to get an archive based on the files you want to modify), add back the 9 byte LZMA header and finally use the key but for encrypting the archive-based LUA. JSONs are similar, config ZIPs are 7z after decryption with plaintext JSONs config.json (root) is a 7z having a plaintext JSON, other JSONs are encrypted similarly to LUAs.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@thepeckybird LOL, who else is ready for Angry Birds (2026)?

(It’ll be horrible)

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

In game executables, there’s SHA1 hashing of certain files, I forced one to mismatch to see if bad things will happen and nothing happened (on my device) so don’t worry about it. Also don’t ask about what Lua version was used to them…

Hello there,

while I appreciate your dedication for exploring our game's innards, we cannot share this information.

Best regards,

Tadeusz‍
    Rovio Support Team

I may create a Discord server for advice on modding the game…

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

So where can i find a lua compiler for 5.1.4?

2nd when i try to place files inside the archive it gives me an error that says that it couldnt do the operation due to the archive being read-only even though it isn’t.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

I never went to start repacking an LUA/asset JSON yet… that was just an idea, but there’s a compiler online that can be used for compiling 5.1.4 (LuaQ) LUAs, sure it’s used for another game but I think it will work. Maybe offline requires an LUA editor for 5.1.4 with the decompiled code to save as compiled LUA.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

I’m just popping in to let everyone know that I’ll be posting the development status of my mods on my profile’s status.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Link for that compiler @dante-mele ?

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

http://mta.dzek.eu/compiler/ This is what I found, but binaries of luac for 5.1.4 or 5.1.5 are probably better… Also maybe creating your OWN archive with the modified file having LZMA-XX compression then recrypting could work…

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

I’ve started level design for Angry Birds: The Lost Levels. Here’s level 1-1:

This is only a concept (if it wasn’t already obvious enough) I’ll be updating my profile on how much progress I’ve got on this mod so be on the lookout for anything new.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Mod progress is slowing due to complications. i’ll figure it out sooner or later.

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.