Modding

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 784 total)
  • Replies
  • Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

That’s pretty cool!

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

All  right, these next few posts are the last things regarding the sprites and sounds for my conversion mod I’m gonna leak…

To Blur or not to Blur?

As you can see, I was wondering whether or not I should blur Chuck and Hal’s special ability’s to convey a greater sense of motion, have Matilda “deflate” when she drops an egg bomb and if I should turn Corporal pig into cardboard cutouts of Minion Pigs or watermelons with cardboard pig body parts glues on as I had a hard time finding a way to make a helmet work with the design I’m going for.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

2. Which Title Theme?

As my mod is supposed to be a return to form for AB, I was wondering if I should have the theme be quiet and calm (ABS Summer Camp) or surreal and crazy like the level design (Red’s Mighty feathers theme) or just stick to the original? Or do you have any other suggestions?

3. Battle cries.

As you know, Bomb has two battle cries, the one that was used in older versions (hurray!) or the one that’s used in the current version of the game and the animations (yahoo!) or should I just AB friends sounds for all the birds? and speaking which, should I add farting, coughing, burping, and stomach rumbles to the pigs’ sound effects to show that they’re hungry and sickly like in early versions of the game?

4. Easter Eggs

I would like to know @joseantonio’s, @thepeckybird’s, and @rizdub’s favorite Birds out of the original flock and use those birds in the episode select screen as a thanks for their help so far.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@beakymcfeather
    1. Blurring Chuck and Hal makes sense and looks nice.
    About Matilda, the deflated design looks weird but that’s how she used to look like in old versions so I will go for that one.
    And about the corporal pig, I choose the watermelon design (very creative by the way!) since the other looks like just a minion pig.

2. I would prefer the original theme but I think your mod will be better if you also change the title music.
    Could you please send a link of both songs to compare? I don’t really know how they sound.

3. Actually old Bomb’s cry is back to AB Classic so I would like to have the other one back.
    I didn’t know about those sounds!
    Sounds like a good idea to add them.

4. My favorite bird is Chuck (of course!)
    No problem! I always like to help!

RizDub
    @rizdub

1. I like the blurs and deflated Matilda. Not sure about Corporal pigs.
    2. I know which ones you’re talking about, and since this is a mod for the original game I’d probably stick with the original theme (or make something new, I guess).
    3. Since you’re using the pre-Toons design, I’d also use the pre-Toons sounds. I suppose you could add new sound effects for the pigs, but unless you can decompile and edit the Lua files as well, you’d need to make sure the filenames of the new sounds match those of the old ones.
    4. Is Terence considered part of the original flock? If not, I like Bomb!

And now I have another roadblock. A lot of the image files are PVR, which is a format I can’t edit easily; I have to resave them as PNGs to do anything with them. I tried changing one of the images to PNG and changing its associated .dat file to point to a .png instead of a .pvr, but then I couldn’t open the game. So either I messed something up, or there’s something else I missed that specifically references a PVR image.

I wish I could just resave the PNGs back to PVRs, but I only have the trial version of the PVR editing tool.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@rizdub yeah, By “original flock” I was talking about the first 7 birds, (Red, Chuck, The Blues, Hal, Matilda, Bomb, and Terence) as this mod will be for an early PC version. (I chose this because since it’s discontinued, I can distribute the game with the modded files without a problem)

As for the .pvr thing, I encountered the same problem when I was trying to rip sprites, check if there are any .webg files as you can open those in your browser, then save the image as a .png.

Looks like PC modders seem to have the edge when it comes to resource mods.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Looks like I’ve hit a roadblock now. See, I already have Angry Birds Classic on my PC (version 2.x.x) and I need to install version 1.6.x on my PC so I can layout the sheets and work further on the art. However, every time I try to install, I get this message:

And after clicking:

I then tried to delete Angry Birds from my recycle bin to no avail.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

you have to uninstall it from the control panel. 1st go to the control panel then go to programs and find angry birds and uninstall.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

I did what you said but now this happens:

Then I go to the root files and I see that uninstall.exe has been removed!

Now I’m gonna try to uninstall it from disc and see if that works…

UPDATE: Since some files were missing all I had to do was insert the disc, run the setup, click “repair”, and I was good to go.

Thanks @thepeckybird

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Ive hit another roadblock. The apk worked but after i launched it and finished the 1st tutorial level the game crashed.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Btw you’re welcome.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@thepeckybird Delete the META-INF folder in the .apk file. (this will make you lose contact with Rovio’s servers but it’s necessary to modding any game)

BTW, what’s your favorite Angry Bird? I’m gonna put it in the episode select screen Along with @rizdub’s and @joseantonio’s as both an Easter egg and as a thanks for creating this thread. Without it, none of this would have happened.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

After a lot of research I have finally found the first version of the game for PC where custom levels can be loaded! Download it here. (You need to register to download)
    Just extract the folder and you’re good to go! No installation required.

I created a small level and as you can see it worked!

These levels can also be loaded in mobile versions of the game, but the version has to be 1.3.X (really old, and only works in very old devices) because future versions can’t read unencrypted code.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@joseantonio That’s awesome! I uploaded the file to MediaFire so that way people can download it safely. ( I did’t feel safe going to that site and I ran BitBefender afterwards) But what’s great is it has all the game files needed, meaning that us modders can use it to our advantage.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

That’s great because some people might don’t like the idea of having to register in order to download.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

The picture says it all…

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@joseantonio Haha, It’s like Rovio intended for the fanbase to mod AB. Wait… Maybe that’s why Angry Birds ever made it to PC!!! And when they failed to deliver, that’s why they discontinued their PC games! It’s all making sense now!

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

And that’s why they let us activate the full game with any serial! Hahahaha!

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@joseantonio All right, here’s the two I mentioned (plus a few others I considered)

Summer Camp

Trilogy

South Hamerica

Piggy Dilly Circus

Summer Pignic

Piggywood Studios

Angry Birds Friends (2017 version)

If you know of something else that would fit in with this wacky, grungy and surreal mod I’m working on please let me know!

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@beakymcfeather Definitely Trilogy theme.
    I always liked that one after I heard it for the first time in the Short Fuse trailer, it’s so catchy!

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

I got a hack but i typed my account in it wouldn’t be hacked and the old sound worked just really high pitched.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@thepeckybird I don’t know what the problem could be, maybe it’s the fact that .apks work differently from .exes?

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@thepeckybird That’s very weird. Where did you get the sound?

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@thepeckybird Maybe you need to extract the sound from an older version?

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

This isn’t much of a roadblock, but I was wondering, what should I call my mod?

Angry Birds: Vengeance

Angry Birds: Return to Form

Angry Birds: Revenge of the Pigs

Angry Birds: The Pigs Strike Back

Angry Birds: Nest Edition

Angry Birds: Modified

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.