Modding

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 784 total)
  • Replies
  • You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@ostrich101 You can only replace levels that you’ve already beaten, so I’d suggest beating the entire game and backing up your saves before you start modding the game.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

Wow! There’s some nice progress here!
    Thanks for the info @beakymcfeather. I will get into beating all levels of AB PC 1.0 so I can load more custom levels.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

BIG NEWS!

It’s possible to load the Debug Console on the ABClassic Series mobile releases if developer cheats are on! Around messing with the Seasons empty button in the bottom right corner multiple times I loaded it, I tried with ABClassic and the same thing happened! The log scroll is also fixed unlike ABClassic 1.0.0 to 4.0.0 for the PC. Other developer cheats are also present.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Awesome!

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@dante-mele That’s great news!

Some more good news: I was able to get Mesa working for the latest version of AB Seasons for PC, although the ground is glitched out:

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Trying to pull ABStella’s asset keys… I got GDB ready and logged the process that loads level files but what decrypts them… I found the asset encryption key! It will be added to the QuickBMS script soon, I also got the save key.

RizDub
    @rizdub

Awesome, now I can start an expansion for AB Stella!

RizDub
    @rizdub

So…

I’m trying to decompile the gamelogic file in the Mac version (to try to find out why Bubbles and the Birdday Party ambience have lower pitches), but unluac doesn’t seem to be able to finish the task. Partway through I get an error:
    “Exception in thread “main” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space”
    followed by some additional info, and I can’t figure out why. I also tried the same with the gamelogic file of AB Rio (iOS 2.6.6), and I get a similar error that starts with:
    “Exception in thread “main” java.lang.StackOverflowError”
    followed by similar info that repeats over and over again, and its resulting file contains code that starts repeating over and over again for almost 5MB before it just stops.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Send me the decrypted file and I’ll decompile it for you. Also ABFriends doesn’t share a similar decryption
    key fetching method to Stella… It has them likely compiled in CPP files in the SO file so IDA/hex viewing doesn’t show the exported function that decrypts an LUA, it says the code though without it… They have to be decompiled in order to pull the keys. I won’t give up though or maybe I have to downgrade to pull keys…

RizDub
    @rizdub

@dante-mele Here are the gamelogic files.

Another thing: I downloaded a newer, “unstable” version of Unluac. It had the same problem with the ABRio file, but it was able to fully decrypt the Classic Mac file; the problem with the newer version that the decrypted file winds up turning everything into some sort of awkward variable and so it becomes hard to read.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

This also happens for me but the decompiled file is 2.77MB on my end after the errors… bad file copy or Rovio created it oddly… Too hard for me to pull 5.2.1’s keys for ABFriends, I still cannot find the exports! Guess I’ll downgrade… Rats, my device doesn’t seem to like 1.0.0… I need a version with a SO that uses the old decryption method, 2.0.0! UPDATE: I got its encryption keys from 2.0.0! I think LUA 5.1.5 (32-Bit) is the best for compiling the LUAs, there may be something else they use to get a 04 04 04 04 header but this outputs in 04 04 04 08…

RizDub
    @rizdub

I tried decompiling the ABStella gamelogic file, but unluac had a problem with that too. I then decompiled the ABFriends gamelogic file, and it worked fine. I guess there’s some specific code that trips it up.

Now I just hope that there isn’t anything in there that would need to be edited for my mod…

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

I’m not really working on ABClassic games, I’m diving into the Exient spinoffs to find encryption keys and XML obfuscation mechanisms. I even tried LuaDec for those LUAs and it didn’t work… Angry Birds GO has proper game activation DRM code but is disabled, the game was likely planning to head to Steam or download.angrybirds.com but cancelled in favor of usage of mobile devices. My current project is to make it possible to play as a Minion Pig in Angry Birds GO, I think enough assets are present.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@dante-mele A PC port of Angry Birds GO would be nice.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Yeah, I’d like that too…

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

I just said this on another thread where @michaeljones was advertising a hacked version of Angry Birds 2 with unknown intent, many of the other users were saying that it was malware, and I felt like this needed to be said here also:

For anyone who’s reading this and thinking of downloading: There’s a thin line between modding/hacking and piracy. And to any potential modders, don’t do anything that breaks Rovio’s TOS, If it’s an older version of the game or it’s on a platform that Angry Birds was discontinued on, go for it, just be sure to only provide the modified files and nothing else.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Dang… Still working on this Minion Pig playable mod… Yeah, I finally did thwart the stupid XOX2’ed XML format but the mod didn’t work due to I gave it a custom character ID… maybe overlap a unique character ID? CRAZY IDEA: Make everyone a Minion Pig (Excluding pigs with helper statuses)? I theoretically can make Bad Piggies GO! The only things I need to make are custom XGS Textures and XOPUS audio (Unless I can change that by editing sound.xml :)) http://www.filedropper.com/abgosplashmod custom splash screen successfully made! Using reimport2 breaks if using bigger files (?).

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

Are the mods going well?

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@ostrich101 TBH, I kinda stopped working on the Angry Birds: The Lost Levels mod to pursue other interests.

UPDATE: Even though I’ve stopped working on AB Mods, My Angry Birds customs section on the Spriters Resource has finally been accepted! you can access it here.

P.S. My username there is no longer Beaky Mcfeather it’s GameJoshX9.

SGF
    @sgfabn

I need help, I want to replace the golden egg level that you get by tapping the sun in 1.0.0, but I don’t know which “GoldenEgg#.lua” file to replace!

UPDATE: I found which one to replace. It was “GoldenEgg1.lua”, but I should make a chart so you know which levels to replace.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

I’m back, currently trying to RE ABGO/ABT’s binary XMLs (XGS_XML/XOX2), someone I know is helping me get them to plaintext and write a converter, but I think ABGO definitely has a “fake bug” for file modification detection (example: xml.pak or version.xml modified causes this error), the game would always be stuck at downloading assets (even online, YET I HAVE THEM), I have to figure out this check and try to disable/bypass it (BYPASSED WITH VPN FIDDLING)… Cloning the APK or making no changes to the main game doesn’t cause this to happen… ABT doesn’t have this check.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

I wanted to get back into modding, unfortunately, the level editor doesn’t work anymore as the servers are most likely down :( if anyone knows of another level editor that DOES work please mention it here, I’m getting desperate, my mod has been transformed into a resource mod.

Nevermind it’s back up, although I do still think that we need an offline level editor.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

What game do you want the editor for?

RizDub
    @rizdub

I think he’s talking about the online editor a fan made, and which can be found through a Google search. I was able to download the HTML file for the editor, as well as the images, CSS, and JavaScript files it uses, and get an “offline” level editor (I mean, it needs a web browser, but not an Internet connection).

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Oh ok.

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.