MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • HarleyM
    @harleym

@partshade Have you done the math to show that 7-energy battles are best if you re-roll? Remember that every FE is worth some fraction of an energy drink, with that fraction varying depending on your cauldron. Are reliable cauldron crafting rates posted somewhere? I can do the math if nobody else is so inclined.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

It’s possible that that some players of low level/rank are finding it more difficult to complete because they do not win every battle. Some are also prone to crappy spins of the wheel. There is absolutely no reason not to spend FE if you are finding it more difficult than 41/10 players who so far should have won every battle. These players also are not interested in the mastery to be gained from both the event itself and position on the leader board and since the event is 10 days in length so far would have had no reason to spend FE unless they have a desire to complete early, which is entirely their choice.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

it seems as though no one in my group is playing except myself. I have 3K+ the next highest is 615, and that score has been like that for a while now.

On a similar note, I made silver league this weekend, and I am the only one on my board with points.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Phase 4 tips: You will encounter Cactus Knight, so avoid deploying multi-fire member (Samurai, Cannoneer, and Marksmen).
    Spies with crossbow set and Wizard with lightning set are effective here.

burbman
    @burbman

@rucustom – I am playing just for the ingredients this event. It is interesting to see different strategies playing out on the leader boards.

I will spend my essence until I get a spin with the max number of ingredients available, and I do not really care how many points I accumulate along the way. All of my birds are 41/10, and I have plenty of extra snoutlings to buy mastery for the new headgear once I obtain it. I have over 500 energy drinks, but have not been using them yet, as I am getting enough plays to pick up ingredients at a pretty decent pace.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@burbman
    I am playing for both ingredients and mastery. I am Lvl 41, but my birds are all 6/7 w/some 8’s. So getting the 6K spin would be nice.

I have 20/20, 25/25, 12/40, 3/40, 33/35 as of now. once I get those complete i will focus on the score.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Some people like me save FE because we aren’t on Facebook so we don’t get much free essence. Using essence for re-rolls is far more valuable than making stamina potions. I have about 900 stamina potions and only 77 essence, but I don’t need to use any stamina potions to easily gather all materials.

A group I like for the 5 and 7 stamina battles is
    Paladin with Dragon Breath
    Lightning Bird with Time Jump
    Sea Dog with Scissors

All 3 can heal and do lots of damage. All you do is attach Sea Dog to the Paladin and for Lightning bird you just always have him either use Speed of Light or Lightning Fast on the Paladin. When you don’t use Speed of Light your Paladin gets 2 attacks each round and the Sea Dog gets 2.5 attacks if things aren’t dead by that time. One nice thing is that it doesn’t matter when the Lightning bird gets affected by some bad effects like lower damage. Also the Cactus Knight is easy and nothing to worry about with this team since the Paladin heals twice each round and your Sea Dog can heal himself 2-3 times/round.

One last tip that can be applied to other teams as well is to make sure you use the rage chili on Chuck at the beginning of each odd numbered wave. Even though you don’t need to use it to make it past those rounds it speeds up combat a lot.

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

Anybody unlocked the new headgear yet? I need 20 more rocks or whatever todays resource is to get it.
    I was wondering how it would work in combination with skulkers and thunderbird, since the weakened defence effect stacks up.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@renitz Let’s say you sleep for 9 hours. If you spend it all before going to bed and play right when you wake up, you can still get up to 75 free stamina per day. That is 750 stamina over 10 days. You need on average 500 stamina to get 125 items.

Bossk
    @henjovr

stone guard 2
    stone guard 3

Did some grinding and unlocked the Stone Guard!

It starts at level 1. I’m 41/10. The dojo offers upgrades for red again for 15LC, no 100 snoutling offers so far. I now have a 75LC offer which I won’t buy.
    Oh and the class upgrades also count for your medal count in the nest (am at 253 now).

I’m gonna try the Stone Guard + Skulkers + Thunderbird combo later, see if the effects stack up nice.
    First finds: The attack leaves no debuff, but the SG can dish out some serious damage in higher levels.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@henjovr Yeah noticed to, dojo only LC offers to buy mastery points, tried tree times.
    I hope that’s not a new rovio trend, only LC’s offers for the players with only 1 class they need mastery points for. If you don’t want to spend LC’s it will be again a long period of grinding in SRC or CRC.

For the other players with only snoutling rewards on event wheel, that gets replaced with wheel contains mastery rewards (6000 only red, 6000 all birds, 2 * 2000 all birds and 4* 500 snoulings)

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

Just unlocked it as well. I’m 41 with nearly everything lvl 10 except for skulkers and sea dog.
    So the class does 2x 212 damage with a Protector’s Aura set, but when debuffing enemy with Thunderbird it did 2x 397 damage. So it did stack.
    Debuffing with Skulkers resulted in 2x 413 damage.
    Combined debuffs resulted in 2x 492 damage. That could potentially be great if boosted to lvl 10.

Anonymous

@harleym I did see it stated on other pages that 7 Stamina battles are best for rerolling but it’s really not that hard to configure.

Think about this:

3 Stamina battles give a max of 1 resource.

5 Stamina battles give a max of 2 resources.

7 Stamina battles give a max of 3 resources.

Thinking that with FE I can respin to get the best prize every time the 7 Stamina battle is more Stamina efficient because it’s better to play 1 7 Stamina battle instead of 3 3 Stamina battles.

@doc-mayank Is there a max amount of damage Red have? It seems like if you have the best weapons, the Stone Guard will do 2 X 212 (or 2 X 229 with might set item).

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

@chrish15 I’m sorry but I don’t get what you mean. Do you mean if I included critical strike or something like that?

I used lvl 41 protectors aura set on a lvl 1 stone guard. Than I tested it versus random pigs in caves. I hope this answers your question!

Btw, as others have reported, snoutling upgrades don’t seem to be popping up at the mightly eagle, just LC ones.

@doc-mayank Is the highest amount of health Red can have for any player 3401? Can that number go any higher?

HarleyM
    @harleym

Perhaps Dojo Stone Guard snoutling upgrades just haven’t been implemented yet? I’d be curious if they appear after the event is over.

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

@chrish15 That’s the highest amount for any class of Red indeed. The only way that can be higher is when using arena boosts or with the 10%/15%(forgot what it was) health and attack boost you occasionally get from watching advertisements.

If they bring out new weaponry which boosts health, that’d be an option, but I doubt they will do so.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@chrish15 i don’t know if this info helps you with your question:
    mastery level 4: 2327 health, 2*275 damage, critical strike 2294
    for calculating max health when reaching lvl 10

burbman
    @burbman

@partshade @harleym – I have decided that my time is more valuable than either FE or Energy Drinks, and gone to playing strictly the three energy battles. Earning three items per battle was nice, but the battles took over five minutes to complete, and I often needed potions to keep the birds going. With the three energy battles, the opponent rarely gets a chance to even hit back, and I can complete the battle in less than one minute. Re-spin until I get the ingredient item, and two out of three times pick up an energy drink in the process. It helps that I have saved up a pretty good stockpile of pretty much everything in the game. Right now I need 33 stones, and I figure I can get that in less than an hour, at a net cost of approx. 65 energy drinks, and 20 FE. I will track it and see how close I get.

burbman
    @burbman

Update – 38 minutes to obtain 33 stones. Net cost of 74 energy drinks, and 10 Friendship Essence. I am now the proud owner of a fancy new headgear for red!

firedragon
    @mingkee27

After spending around 40 cans and few Friendly Essences to pursue, Red finally got it.
    Actually, if I don’t have to go to work, I’d collect cans as many as possible, but my free time is limited.
    null

HarleyM
    @harleym

@partshade Finally did the math just because not having it was driving me nuts. If I trust an old article (https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/economics-of-pig-cherry-juice/), the crystal cauldron yields, on average, 3.3 items. There is good reason to doubt these numbers, but until I’m by my phone again I’m not in a position to test true yields (even then making the assumption that all crafts have the same chance to receive 2 or 3 stars). I have also assumed a balanced wheel, which has been an underlying assumption of all calculations. Please let me know if anyone sees any errors.

FE = Friendship Essence, N = Energy, R = Resources.

With the above assumption, 1 FE = .66N. It has been demonstrated earlier that for the 3N wheel, 1N=.3333R, and for the 7N wheel, 1N=.2381R. Therefore, the average yield of a FE when used for stamina drinks is either .2222R (for the 3N wheel) or .1587R (for the 7N wheel). The first question is whether it is worthwhile to reroll at all, and if so, when.

For the 3N wheel, there are three reward possibilities: .3333R (twice), 1R (twice), or 1.3333R (four times). For the 7N wheel, there are five reward possibilities: .2381R (twice), 1 (once), 1.2381 (twice), 3 (once), and 3.2381 (twice). The decimal rewards correspond to the value of one stamina drink when playing that wheel (one or the other is strictly better, at least when always re-rolling, so it wouldn’t make sense to combine wheels in any way). Now to the first question.

For the 3E wheel, each spin of the wheel costs .2222R, or the value of 1FE, were it used for stamina drinks instead. Because you can re-roll an infinite number of times, and stop whenever you want, we are concerned only with the average payout of all better rolls. We are also concerned with the average number of FE that will be used. If you roll a .3333R reward, the average payout of better rewards is (1*2+1.3333*4)/6=1.2222R. This has a 75% chance to occur, so will cost, on average, 1.3333FE=.2963R. When you take the potential reward and subtract both the cost and the current reward, you get 1.2222R-.3333R-.2963R=.7037R. Therefore, on average, you end up .7037R ahead when rerolling after a .3333R reward, and should reroll. On the other hand, when you have rolled a 1R reward, you have a 50% chance of rolling a 1.3333R reward (the only better reward), which will cost an average of 2FE=.4444R. 1.3333R-1R-.4444R=-.1111R. Therefore, you end up an average of .1111R behind when rerolling, and should not do so.

For the 7N wheel, each spin of the wheel costs .1587R. I have skipped to the 1.2381R reward for sake of space and laziness. If you roll a 1.2381R reward, the average payout of better rewards is (3+3.2381*2)/3=3.1887R. This has a 37.5% chance to occur, so will cost, on average, 2.6667FE=.4232R. When you take the potential reward and subtract both the cost and the current reward, you get 3.1887R-1.2381R-.4232R=2.5274R. Therefore, on the 7E wheel, reroll until you have at least 3R. On the other hand, when you have rolled a 3R reward, you have a 25% chance of rolling a 3.2381R reward (the only better reward), which will cost an average of 4FE=.6348R. 3.2381R-3R-.6348R=-.3967R. Therefore, you end up an average of .3967R behind when rerolling, and should not do so.

So far, this has mostly just confirmed what people would already assume: reroll until you get the maximum resources possible, but don’t worry about getting energy drinks, so long as you have the crystal cauldron. Now for the next step.

For the 7N wheel, the optimal result (3.1887R) occurs in 37.5% of rolls, taking an average of 2.6667 rolls, and thus 1.6667FE. For the 3N wheel, the optimal result (1.2222R) occurs in 75% of rolls, taking an average of 1.3333 rolls, and thus .3333FE. For every 21N (an easy multiple; any amount of energy would work), the 7N wheel yields 9.5661R, but costs 5FE. On the other hand, the 3N wheel yields 8.5554R, but only costs 2.3331FE. The question, therefore, is which is worth more: 2.6669FE (on the 3N wheel) or 1.0107R? 2.6669FE is only worth .5926R, and .5926R+8.5554R=9.148R<9.5661R, so your intuition is correct, the 7N wheel better is better (by 4.57%). Since FE are worth fewer resources with worse cauldrons this will hold true for all cauldrons (assuming the initial assumptions are correct).

TLDR; if you are okay using Friendship Essences for resources *and always get 3 stars* the 7 energy level is best, but only slightly.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@burbman I agree that there is little reason to play the 5 and 7 stamina battles once you’ve 3 starred them. The 3 stamina battle is so much more efficient in terms of time. Plus if you factor in the stamina potions you receive there is almost no difference between any of the battles in terms of what you get on average. The other battles have 3 and 5 waves so they will take more than 3 or 5 times as long to fight since the enemy will get a turn during those battles. It takes slightly under a minute to complete a battle and that includes watching a video and waiting for the load times before and after the battle. I kill everything before I get attacked 100% of the time and 36% of the time everything is dead before my Spies get to attack.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I don’t know why, but I assumed that we’d have to complete mini-map campaign on top of the resources to get the new hat. Any speculation on the rewards for finishing the mini-map? I Say a nice LC reward chest.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.