Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

Getting back to the research at hand… @greatleo I conducted another test today, 100 trials of Bomb exploding on CPC-1. I tracked the mastery at 50 and at 100, and the results for each half were 33.1% and 36.8% for an overall average of 34.9%. Looks like the update didn’t change anything with regards to mastery drop rates, but it does seem like the game occasionally gets on “runs” of lower- or higher-than-normal drop rates – which, honestly, is to be expected of most RNG code.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@mvnla2 wrote

It would be really nice if @toothgnasher, or someone else who can do automated runs, would verify the points per minute for CPC compared to KPC.

I can’t do that anymore. All of my birds are 10s so I can no longer measure mastery changes. Also, ABE will not “Log In” on my emulator so I can’t run it there anyway.

However, CPC in blitz mode* was by far the fastest mastery collection. I previously posted my results, but in summary – all mastery per hour (mph) below are totals for three birds.

Blitz mode means I didn’t use auto play. Usually it means I dropped the rage chili on Bomb, then restarted the game – and that didn’t usually kill the Big Boss!

I’m suspicious of anything that ran less than an hour, but here is my results over 200+ hours of automation:

Snoutlings and Mastery Per Hour - Automated

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@Toothgnasher Aww, too bad you’ve maxed everything out. :( And the emulator bug sucks too, although that should get fixed soon (it’s affected a few devices too, not just emulators) – but even then we won’t be able to make use of your data-gathering machine anymore.

…Unless you started a second account. :) You don’t have to, of course.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

I have another account, one I used to play on my iPhone (now Android), but I can’t log in on the Emulator, so… data collection has come to an end for me.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sutekh137 — Moved this back to the first page for you and others.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

As I mentioned previously, I’ve been using CPC to level up my birds. As well as being the most time-efficient (highest mastery per sec) through wave 4, I’ve had great success using it with whatever birds were currently highest on my priority list for leveling up. In fact I’m able to get through wave 4, and even through wave 5 with teams that have no healer or protector!
    I just ran with wizard 9, cannoneer 9, and tricksters 9, and never lost even wave 5 on those occasions when I didn’t stop it.
    Just started with team of wizard 9, cannoneer 9, and rogues 8. So far they’ve won all, including wave 5, but not sure they can do it every time.
    I think one great advantage of CPC is that it is the easiest castle, so once your birds get past a certain level, you don’t need to be too careful about balancing your team.
    I now have ~79K snoutlings, so I don’t need to run SRC.
    [Edit]: I guess I should mention that I have decent matched sets for all my birds.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

A while back it was reported that when you have a level 10 mastery bird in your group the other birds will not receive any mastery. I just got my first bird to level 10. I did SRC once and my two birds that weren’t level 10 each gained 14 pts for a total of 28. I then did one round of SRC with 3 birds below level 10 and got 49 for each for a total of 147 pts.

I suspect that as I get more mastery level 10 birds it will become easier to buy training for my other birds since the dojo won’t offer training for any bird that is already at the max level and that should improve the chance of receiving training for other birds. One thing that I noticed that may not be true for everyone is that the higher my birds are in mastery levels the more likely I am to get snoutling upgrades from the dojo.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — Not sure I agree with the probability of getting upgrades from the Dojo. I now have several mastery 10 birds, and it seems to me that the number of upgrades you get from each visit to the Dojo is decreasing. I am now keeping track, but didn’t keep track previously, so if you would keep track, that would be very useful.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

The number of snoutling upgrades you can buy before all slots filling with LC upgrades is highly variable. A couple days ago, I was able to buy 16 upgrades at a time – twice! Yesterday, it was mostly between 4 and 8. Today, the most I’ve gotten at a time is 4. I haven’t recorded any data on it either (too busy recording all the other data), but my average is definitely somewhat low, around 5 or 6.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I did start keeping data on Dojo rewards. I now have several level 10 birds, and since I started keeping track the upgrades per visit are:
    Low: 1 (I’m pretty sure I got 1 visit with 0 shortly before I started.)
    High: 11
    Average: 5.4
    Number of visits: 10
    I always buy all available upgrades
    Would be nice if we could find someone who has no level 10’s, but enough snoutlings to buy all the available upgrades to collect data.

@mvnla2 I had 19 upgrades in one go last week… Your high is a bit low. occasionally I get to 14 in a row.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Every day I get about 7-10 Snoutling upgrades before the reset. The least I’ve ever had is 3.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry @partshade — You guys are lucky then. I have gotten more than 11 previously, but not since I started keeping track. It was the unlucky run of low numbers that got me wondering if the number of offered upgrades was reduced when you had level 10 birds. Do both of you have level 10’s?

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Nope all my birds range from 7-8.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@mvnla2 Once when I entered a Dojo there was no snoutlings upgrades available, only for lucky coins.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Partshade — Any chance you would keep track of how many opportunities for snoutling upgrades you get each time you visit the Dojo? I assume you buy everything you’re offered.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 I can keep track of how many I buy but the problem is that I usually clear out all my Snoutlings when I go and sometimes I don’t get them all. I really dont have enough time in my day for Snoutling farming either. I can try.

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@mvNla2 I don’t have any birds at 10 but I have two at 9 and my lowest is 4. I could probably help if you need it. Let me know more details, please.

@mvnla2, no 10 yet, but working on it. If your suspicion turns out to be true, it would make sense to prioritise the lower level birds over the favorites before getting the first birds to lvl 10…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

If anyone is interested I can’t add science but I can tell you that when Mastery began I had few 8 and the rest 7. I play caves and rely on the dojo. I own all hats Bard was purchased during the first week of the arena event. I noticed that the dojo became more and more valuable in contributing to upgrades. I now have 246 masters. Priestess and Guardian are 9 very shortly to be 10. Bard is 8. I have probably added a 1000 to her by playing caves. The rest courtesy of the dojo.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@partshade @Laxietoo @larry @bubbley — The more data the better. If we have enough data, we might even be able to tell if the number changes with your highest level bird. Bubbley — If you start collecting data now, you can add. Separate data into before and after one of your birds reaches level 10. More data with a level 10 bird would also help.

Question to be answered:
    Does the number of upgrades available for snoutlings at the Dojo change when your birds reach level 10? The number per visit assumes that you buy all upgrades available for snoutlings, and none of the ones available for LC.
    The requirements are:
    None of your birds are level 10 during the period when you collect data.
    Strongly prefer that you have all classes of birds. If not, please tell me what you are missing before you start.
    You must have, or farm, enough snoutlings to buy all upgrades that are available for snoutlings. (There is a thread on best place to get snoutlings, if you need help.)
    Since the number available is quite random and varies from 0 to at least 19!, you will need to collect data over many visits.

Todayi had 4 times dojo and they were all on the low side. 5, 5, 8, 7.

Just curious, does anyone have an overview of the discounts per amount of stampcards?

Oh, 2 birds lvl9, 2 at lvl7, 1 at lvl6 and the rest lvl8. I am 18000 away from lvl 10 for wizard.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Larry — Thanks for the data; hope you continue to collect.
    I think there is an equation somewhere here on discount vs number of stamps.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Just got my huge pay out for being 2nd place in the arena. Got 9 upgrades at the Dojo before all are LC.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.