Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • greatleo
    @greatleo

@dr_ishmael I track my number of trials by putting hash marks on a piece of paper; four vertical marks and a diagonal slash. I have two completely separate games running, one on my iPhone and the other on my iPad. Each is linked to a separate Rovio account and Facebook account.

I run my tests by hand on both devices at the same time to save myself real time. I make a hash mark on my test sheet, explode on one, explode on the other, restart one, restart the other. So the damage numbers and counting are finished by the time I get to the restart.

My Dec. 14th test in particular makes it even harder for me to restart too early, since I was testing taking out all of wave 1, and all of wave 2 if possible. In that case, there was a lot less “multi-tasking”, i.e. each games spent even more time waiting for the other to wrap up a wave.

What I find really weird is that the results of both my tests seem to confirm each other, while your two tests confirm each other as well.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@greatleo Tick marks? On paper? Ahh, how analog. XD Seriously, though, this seems really weird, as there doesn’t seem to be anything in either of our methodologies that would explain the difference in our results.

My scenario 1 results were very consistent across the 3 100-trial blocks, with the rate for each block being in the range (36±0.5)%. I’m planning on running 100 trials of each scenario every day this week to see if my consistency continues.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@dr_ishmael Did your left hand know what your right hand was doing? :-)

@drobbinsjr
    – Not sure who your comment is directed at, but as several of us have pointed out, all we have left to do in ABE is to figure out how to maximize things. All caves are done, all levels 3-starred, and – in my case at least – only 4 birds left to get from level 9 to level 10. Anyone who has friended me gets the benefits of my Level 9/10 birds, too… so I’m performing a community service… :-)

burbman
    @burbman

An observation on my own experience, in the past week, one in which I have been primarily focused on playing other AB games with all the recent updates, I have obtained over 150,000 mastery points across all classes. Basically just checking in at the Dojo every 3 hours, and playing SRC just enough to keep up with the corresponding demand for snoutlings. I am sure it could have been several thousand more, but my Cap’n who I use in SRC for his dispel ability was already level 10 prior to the start of the week. I figured this would be a good week to check this since there were no events that would skew the result.

Based on this observation I am coming to the conclusion that an average Dojo visit yields approx. 6 snoutling upgrades. (((150,000/7days)-3,000 daily play)/500 mastery per upgrade)/6 daily openings)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman — Very interesting. For the same week (well, almost since I compared 6pm today with 6pm a week ago), I got an increase of 161K in mastery. However, I was playing SRC and CPC extensively to increase mastery. Sounds to me that you have a much better Dojo than I do.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@greatleo Welp, tonight’s trials leave me stumped, because they agree with your numbers, instead of my numbers from yesterday.

Scenario 1 (Explode on 5 little pigs) I ran differently, using my secondary account on my iPhone. Birds were level 26, rank 5. Drop rate: 31.4%

Scenario 2 (Heroic Strike on Big Boss) I ran identically, using my main account on Andy. Drop rate: 32%

(I also ran both scenarios simultaneously, so I wasn’t able to record trials in Excel – instead I used pen-and-paper tick marks like Leo. :D )

So yesterday the iOS and Android versions both gave me a 36% drop rate, and today they both gave me a 32% drop rate. I have no clue what’s going on.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla thank you for running cave 9 – 5. You will get more by playing levels 8 and 9. I don’t think borrowing a strong bird made it achievable in Short time because I play 5 10 wave levels in about an hour. Yes I have strong birds but they did’t start out that way. They have become that way I think because I play the caves. You mentioned somewhere you have 72k in snoutlings. That’s almost an equal number to battles plus what you play to recover dojo spend. Yet how strong are your birds now? I have 10 mastery 10 and 14 mastery 9. The down side if any is no autoplay but instead you help your friends.

If you don’t have friends then you can still play cave 9 without resorting to potions. Don’t forget the dojo gives more than you can earn for mastery. I will not be playing much in the next couple of weeks and so will rely on the dojo. I am sure I will have more level 10 in the new year.

Actually it’s about 720k battles you have played. Each run drops about 130 in SRC.

greatleo
    @greatleo

I know a secret! Neener, neener, neener!

OK, OK, I’ll share.

On page 12 (currently) of the Good place to rack up snoutlings discussion, @dr_ishmael presented a table showing the mastery per wave and cumulative mastery per wave for all of the castles. While CPC is the best for the first 2 waves, King Pig Castle offers more total mastery through the first 4 waves. Ishmael didn’t show mastery for the boss waves, wave 5, which is where the secret lies.

@mvnla
    , I think next time you edit the first entry in this forum, where you summarize the findings, you should add Ismael’s table.

Anyway, during times of boredom, I’ve been manually playing KPC, including trying to get some cheap mastery in the boss wave.

Here’s the secret: King Pig drops mastery 100% of the time.

I assume that, as a boss, he drops double mastery. That would mean taking out King Pig is equivalent to taking out 6 little piggies. That’s potentially huge. Given that Wizpig is also vulnerable, the final wave here can be lucrative.

For just about everybody reading this forum, the key criteria is using automated play to maximize mastery-gained per time. Given the number of strong bosses in KPC that require two turns to take out (and that’s in efficient manual play), I’m not sure KPC still measures up. Anyway, it’s probably worth a look.

I’ve developed two teams from my remaining mastery level 9 birds that can work through KPC manually in an effective manner:

Thunderbird + Sea Dog + Skulkers (best)
    Knight + Mage + Rogue (second best)

For team one, you can usually take out King Pig in one turn. For team two, if wave 5 is entered with a full Rage Chili, King Pig and Wizpig can usually be taken out at the end of the second turn, and Prince Porky in turn 3 or 4.

Additionally, team two can often beat the castle in automated play, if Epic’s automater doesn’t play *too* stupidly.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@greatleo I’ll confirm the King Pig’s mastery amount momentarily. That’s a good find!

[edit] Yes, he gives 14 mastery points at level 41. I think I’ll switch to KPC for “auto-play while I work” farming.

Here’s an updated version of the image Leo mentioned, with wave 5 included.

• For hands-on farming, repeat CPC wave 1.
    • For hands-off farming, auto-play KPC.

AB Epic castle mastery analysis 2.png

greatleo
    @greatleo

@dr_ishmael It wasn’t toothgnasher with the post, it was me, @greatleo.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@greatleo Ack! Sorry, you both have Bomb for an avatar so I get you confused. @_@

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@dr_ishmael Innnnteresting info there! I will give KPC a shot with auto-play. I’ve been doing SRC for auto-play, and CPC wave 1 for manual farming.

Side note: auto-play while at work for the win. :) My phone is running through SRC as I type this from my desk at work haha!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman @all — I reconsidered my mastery gain over a week compared to Burbman, and decided it probably is about the same. Due to real life obligations I probably only get 5 Dojo turns per day on average. If I get Burbman’s estimate of 6 upgrades per Dojo turn, I come out with 4.4K mastery per day from daily play, which isn’t all that bad.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@greatleo — Good suggestion, I will include @dr_ishmael’s table in the next first page update, which is certainly overdue.
    Will have to try autoplay on KPC. Thanks for pointing that out. My Thunderbird and Skulkers are the weakest of my birds, however.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bubbley — Your birds are impressive,but I doubt it is just because you play the caves. You probably dedicate much more time to the game than I do, especially if you manually play the caves for mastery.

greatleo
    @greatleo

@dr_ishmael If I may make a suggestion, change the KPC row of your first table so the final column reads “14+28*”, and a note with an asterisk explaining that killing the King Pig guarantees 14 points of mastery.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

It would be really nice if @toothgnasher, or someone else who can do automated runs, would verify the points per minute for CPC compared to KPC.
    I only have “statistics” of small numbers and dubious timing comparisons. I ran 10 runs through wave 4 on autoplay of KPC and CPC with Samurai, Sea Dog, and Princess, who happen to be my highest priority ATM for leveling up. I got 476 mastery from KPC and 406 from CPC. It also took ~45 min for KPC and 30 for CPC; however, I was much more distracted by real-life during the KPC runs. I tried to stop immediately after wave 4 on each set, but did a better job of this on CPC. Did I really spend 10 minutes or more distracted while playing KPC? Possibly, I don’t know.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I tried CPC vs KPC again today with a different set of birds. Again 10 runs through wave 4 on autoplay, but with Samurai, Cannoneer, and Princess. This time I got 497 mastery from KPC and 469 from CPC. It took 40 min for KPC and 30 for CPC. So it may be that if you are only going through the first 4 waves, CPC might give you more mastery / min than KPC. However, the result might also depend on which set of birds you use and/or the phase of the moon. I did notice that the autoplay can be very stupid with the combination of Samurai and Cannoneer in KPC.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael @greatleo @toothgnasher — I just made a major update to the main post. I would like to include a copy of Dr Ishmael’s table, but I can’t figure out how. I can’t get the url address from his album (understandable, I guess). I think Dr. Ishmael needs to send me the url. Just noticed he isn’t on my friend’s list so am sending him a friends request.

@AMSlimfordy
    — Is there any other way to insert the table in the main post? Yeah, I know I could do a screen shot, but that seems rather non-ideal.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@MVNLA2

When we were reached the rank 10 of a class, we can again buy it at the instructor’s.
    Does anybody know what it takes place if we buy it ?

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@grimmjow Someone tried it, seems like nothing happens except you’re out some snouts. https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/angry-birds-epic-bugs/page/54/#post-77702

greatleo
    @greatleo

@mnnla2. Darn. I tried twice to paste the HTML code for a table representation, but neither one worked. Fiddlesticks.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@greatleo — Yeah, the HTML accepted in the forum posts is fairly limited; might only be the ones in the boxes above. I’ll try to copy directly into main post, which may be more forgiving.
    [Edit]: Didn’t work

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Dr_Ishmael — Whoot! It worked!. You’ll have to tell me what you did differently than the HTML code I used, which just inserts a link. They look almost identical to me.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I don’t know, but obviously PMs are not a good channel for sharing HTML code.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.