Looping Update Messages Causing Game to Restart

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Looping Update Messages Causing Game to Restart

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Replies
  • Searay
    @searay1

Hi,
    I’m playing IOS on an IPad. I’m having success getting past the “Update in progress”. Some time back (several months) this started appearing and eventually was corrected with a patch (version update).
    When you start the game, and the game screen appears, continue to tap the Teletran train in the lower left corner. This should bring you to the barracks screen.
    At that point, arrow back and you should be in the game screen and ready to play.
    I have an update to complete in about an hour. Hoping it goes through..
    I hope this helps.. Really Bummed to the that Update screen again..

Narc
    @narc

Another update, another huge bug. Thanks for nothing rovio. Is rovio going to compensate everyone for not being able to play the first challenge?

eugene
    @eugene-alex

@arceemega this glitch cost me more than 100 gems. Other glitches cost me in gems. And nobody is offered any compensation for the gems they have lost as a direct result of a problem with the game. Gems are the main in game currency. We either have to buy them or earn them.

During one of the last updates the rules to earn them changed so we earn less (both in missions and Prof Pig.). The changes to Prof Pig also makes the option to respin insane since it costs you more in gems than you would earn, and the odds are you will get coins more times than not.

Now I can’t do any upgrades until the game is fixed. Unless I want to spend about 200 gems for an instant upgrade.

But I need the gems for the accessories because they now increase the power of my characters, and some accessories are very costly.

We love the game. It fun and we have spent hours playing it. But please understand your players point of view, we would be willing to buy things, if we would get a bit of compensation when problems like this take what we earned away from us.

I have bought things for the game, so far I bought Nemesis Prime and Rodimus.

arceemega
    @arceemega

@eugene-alex I completely understand your frustration, if you had to buy gems especially to get around this issue, let me know and I’ll see what I can do. I have tested this exact scenario on my device, and verified that both workarounds work though.

Boot Game: Use your device’s airplane mode setting, or access the barracks straight away from the splash screen

Workaround 1: Don’t have any characters upgrading until this issue is fixed.

Workaround 2: Turn off cloud loading (make sure this option gets saved, by collecting coins or playing a level.

UYP

Fusion1
    @fusion1

Same issue!

Narc
    @narc

This is ridiculous that we have to use these work arounds to play the game. When will rovio finally have a bug free update? I agree with eugene’s comment about the lab’s update to prevent people from getting loads of gems. It had nothing to do with devaluing the gems that other players paid for. It was probably because players weren’t paying for gems. Rovio seems to be quick about fixing issues where they get paid less but not about issues that hinder the game play.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

@arceemega I am going to make suggestion. Rovio wants players to “buy more gems”, at very least to get the accessories to upgrade our characters.

How about when competitions are not going on you offer a few of the Black Friday deals on a regular basis? Get accessories or gems for the same deals they were offered for then. Or maybe a combination of gems deals and accessories?

As I stated I have purchased things in the past and I am willing to purchase again in the future, but I don’t like it when the game takes things from me or forces me to pay for things that I normally woundn’t pay for.

otter
    @otter

I used gems to finish my current upgrade and the constant “upgrade in progress” stopped…. Little PO’d that I had to use gems to make this stop… But so far it has worked…. Again this is NOT an update… Just another push of Rovio bugs….

Philly
    @philhayler

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have lost nearly 200 gems and I ha e this STUPID ‘updating progress’ thing happening. I cannot BELIEVE IT!!!!!! 200 gems. Gone. Just like that. I have just emailed rovio but I’m sure they’re gonna say it’s my fault again and not return my gems. Fuming is an understatement!!!!

Rsfitzg
    @rsfitzg

Update loop disappeared after transformer upgraded. Of course I was unable to upgrade another transformer because I did not have enough super rarium as I had not been able to go on missions. Game worked ok for a few days now the upgrade loop is back. I will have to wait nearly three days until latest upgrade is complete. I don,t think I will bother. Unless Rovio do something about this it will be sayonara angry birds transformers.

beaups
    @grathe

When the game starts the updating progress loop try tapping where the Barracks is in the corner quickly after clicking the check for the update progress window. It may take a couple tries but when the barracks opens it should interrupt the loop. Works for me and my buddy.

Tomlad
    @talmud

Yeah I am getting this bug and i’m sick of it and to make matters worse, I’m scared that my level 14 soon to be level 15 starscream will still be level 14. Rovio, can you please fix this issue?

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@talmud Don’t worry about your Transformers being downgraded. I am also currently upgrading my Energon Lockdown to level 7 and it wasn’t affected by this issue. On the good side, upgrading Transformers can fix this issue temporarily.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Looping Update Messages Causing Game to Restart

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.