Looping Update Messages Causing Game to Restart

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Looping Update Messages Causing Game to Restart

• After the current update is released, I noticed that the update your progress message keeps looping itself over and over, making me unable to play any levels at all without beating the message by quickly tapping the level as fast as possible to play.

Not only that was the issue, every time you play a level, the message popped out and causes the game to restart, making it like I’ve never played the level before (number of pigs destroyed and coins rebooted back to the initial number before I play a level).

E.g: My initial number of pigs are 100 and coins are 200. After playing a level, I destroyed 30 pigs and collected 150 coins. When the message popped out, the game reboots causing the number of pigs still remain at 100 and the coins at 200, instead of totaling it up to 130 pigs and 350 coins. The level which I defeated a while ago was available to play again as if the level is never played at all.

Anyone else had this issue?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Replies
  • Dragynox
    @dragynox

Yep. Same with me since the update. If I put my phone in airplane mode, I can play the game, but as soon as I put it back on wifi the updating progress bug returns and all progress made while in airplane mode is gone.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Unable to even play. A competion is about to start and the game is broken.

And before anyone offers suggestions, here is what I have already done:
    Game has rebooted about 30 times so far and I can’t get in
    I cleared the cache and data and allowed that to reloaded
    Still having the same problem

I am running an RCA Viking Pro with Android Lollipop

Rsfitzg
    @rsfitzg

Game was playing ok until new competition alert. Then updating progress loop began.

iOS on iPad.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I’m on IOS and have been routinely been getting the update progress loop right after the contest count down screen clears. I hit the check box. I lost a few coins and some silo stuff, but my upgrade to bludgeon kept on going and my rank seemed unchanged. I’m much more skeptical about the forthcoming challenge. I got cheated out of winnings during the Halloween competition with the updating progress bug. I’m now pretty gun shy.

xmasmumma
    @xmasmumma

“The game has been rebalanced to provide a more exciting challenge”
    Seriously!!!!!!!
    The ONLY challenge I have been facing (IOS) is trying to start the game ???
    Looping, looping, looping

xmasmumma
    @xmasmumma

Yes, me ????

arceemega
    @arceemega

Close the game
    Turn on airplane mode on your device
    Restart the game
    Go to the settings page, (bottom left button, then the cog)
    TAP the two blue circles at the bottom of the settings popup, to go to page 2
    Uncheck ‘Enable cloud load’
    Restart the game with airplane mode off as usual

Note: This will disable your ability to play with two devices, and have them in sync. Your save game will still be backed up on Facebook cloud save.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

@arceeme it worked until I disabled airplane mode, then back to the endless updating progress loop.

arceemega
    @arceemega

Can you upload screenshots of the state of your settings menu, and the popup you are getting, and the version number off the splash screen?

arceemega
    @arceemega

You could also try, whilst in airplane mode, instant upgrade any character, or finish an active upgrade, to increase your rank number by 1, as this is the main number used when comparing saves.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

I tried reinstalling the game. No luck.
    I have an upgrade finishing in 6 hours. To do my next upgrade I need 1 or 2 more Super Rarium Eggs. I have tried to launch another mission. I then properly exited the game. IT CANCELED the mission and put all the coins and gems I collected back on the game map.

Version 1.10.5.3
    I will be very upset if I can’t play today’s challenge and it isn’t extended because of this mess.

taco
    @geary

It’s like that movie Groundhog Day, over and over “we are updating your progress”
    Your Resistance is fruitless! Pigs rule….

HRM1804
    @hrm1804

Same for me. It’s amazing the amount of bugs in this game.This is my 3rd time starting over?

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

It got me too. First time I’ve ever gotten it. It was working fine yesterday. I could even see the count down timer for the competition.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

@arceemega I know about the Update Progress loop that looks at your level, I am the one that pointed that out. This is different.

As for playing in airplane mode – it will not let me accept the challenge to shoot 25 energon cube (network error)

RIght now it starts looping after the game gets to the map. I am unable to send characters on missions so I can’t get the resouces I need for my next upgrade. My next upgrade is in a couple of hours so I will try again then.

PapiPJ
    @papipj

@arceemega fix worked for me. Thanks for the contribution!

Dragynox
    @dragynox

I was able to get past this after my TF finished upgrading.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I had done the cloud disabling, but it kept resetting every time I restarted I think because of an active upgrade and I was still in the loop. So I had to do disable during a pause in the updating your progress banner loop. That worked. Thanks for the reminder and navigating it!

eugene
    @eugene-alex

@arceemega I just finished upgrading one character and it seems to be working again. I will check the game again later when I have more time to see if that holds.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

The unchecking cloud load fix seems to have worked for me. It didn’t at first but now it is. The only thing that happened since is a mission completed.

youknowwho
    @youknowwho

i have the same problem too. really fustrating.

Darin Clark
    @darin-clark

I have been stuck in an endless restart loop ever since the update yesterday also.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

@arceemega it went right back to the error message, so it will not hold

arceemega
    @arceemega

As mentioned in the other thread, please avoid upgrading any characters at all until a proper workaround is found.

Catrine
    @catrine

Me too was playing ok after up date then after 2 days not work

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Looping Update Messages Causing Game to Restart

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.