Dojo Questions

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dojo Questions

• Is there a way to keep the purchases to snoutlings? I would like to buy upgrades all the way to level 12 but those perky LC purchases keeps coming up forcing me to wait 3 hours for a reset.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Replies
  • Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dragonofheart73

Nope. Since they upgraded the max mastery to level 12 with the last update, we’re back to having to upgrade everything all at once (and sloooowly…)

And yeah, the LC buys at the Dojo really suck, don’t they? I have had Dojo resets where I start out with only one snoutling buy and it switches over to LC after one click. Slow going.

Somewhere there is a massive thread about mastery, including an in-depth (it will glaze your eyes) analysis of the odds related to snoutling and LC slots at the Dojo. Just search for “mastery” and you will find it.

The best way to get a new class leveled up a bunch is to simply strap it on. The first several levels of mastery come pretty quickly before it becomes a grind…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Sucks.

I have been auto-playing SRC all day and is currently overflowing with snoutlings in my pockets but slowly gaining mastery in classes

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Took me something like four months to get all my birds mastered up to level 10 back when mastery came out. And that was with grinding all day, every day, an all-consuming exercise in tedium. And going from 10 to 12 takes 100,000 mastery points — for each bird. Just takes forEVer. So much so that I won’t be bothering to get to 12 in any concerted way. Screw that.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Jim151
    @jim151

If they keep doing bi-weekly events, that will help.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

If you get down to only a single color, then there are only 2 LC classes that can be visible , so you can get nothing but snouts for one character. No other way around the 3 hour wait. Sorry.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@roviohuzz @roviobeni

I’d to to see a setting in the game to prevent accidental spending of LC. I’ve accidentally bought the 75 LC upgrade in the dojo multiple times. I did it again yesterday when I accidentally double clicked on a snoutling upgrade and ended up purchasing it and the 75 LC upgrade that appeared afterwards.

burbman
    @burbman

After I obtained the Illusionist, I went ahead and tapped my snoutling supply out in the dojo by spending the 5LC each time I ran into a full LC list. I got several hundred class upgrades, but only my primary team made it to Mastery 11. Illusionist is mastery level 4. I will play SRC to restock snouts now as I still need over 3,500 individual class upgrades.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@partshade
    Already know of that thread.. was looking for a quicker way. :-)
    I am currently running Chuck (Illuisonist) through KPC but I always have to step in when they reach 5th wave cuz they go into a endless cycle of “healing, mirror, shield” and not attacking the pigs.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dragonofheart73 — The reason I use SRC instead of KPC is that you can run just about any combination of birds there on autoplay. I’m currently running Illusionist (rank 2, now), and mostly he survives to end. Just noticed he bit the dust in last wave, but I still won.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@mvnla2
    Yeah I went to SRC after Illusionist got to Rank 3 and can’t hit Prince Porky anymore. Chuck is now surviving the rides as long he got 2 buddies along with him :-)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dragonofheart73

@mvnla2

You could also go all the way back to CPC…the first four rounds of that are pretty easy and I want to say that on a per-round basis they offer more mastery (but fewer snoutlings than finishing SRC).

The only problem with CPC is not being able to finish off Porky with many builds…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If one is farming mastery, the you need to count the 100 Snouts as buying 800 mastery – that makes SRC the clear winner.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Even getting the Illusionist from level 2 to level 3 isn’t going to happen using SRC anytime soon. Lots of game freezes with Illusionist. Went back to Wizard. At least you can finish SRC and collect snoutlings to use at the Dojo. Have yet to see Illusionist mastery offered in Dojo, but not going to spend LC to get there faster.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Saw Illusionist in Dojo once so it’s in there.

And I agree the class has some bugs… once I used Mirror on Red and he went flying across the screen and landed in the void (off-screen) when I did a Rage attack.

And most of the times, I would see “doubles” when a bird gets “mirrored” even after the effect wears off.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@graugeist

I don’t count it that way. *smile* I have over 175,000 snoutlings already, and don’t need more.

The reason? Because the Dojo offers such paltry opportunities to actually buy mastery with snoutlings. I regularly get only 2-3 snoutling-based buys, and having to start the game every three hours just to see what scraps are thrown my way is annoying. So, if I am going to grind for mastery, I am going to go to the easiest, fastest place possible — and that’s CPC, especially for weaker team builds or for when you are trying to build up a brand new (i.e. weak) class.

Not to mention, once you have “enough” snoutlings, there is no reason to get more. 175,000 snoutlings equals 2500 Dojo buys (assuming 70 snoutlings per). Let’s say I get really lucky and average 10 snoutling buys every 3 hours (I think that’s pretty generous). That would mean 250 trips to the Dojo, times three hours, equaling 31+ days (and that’s if I don’t miss a refresh or two each day overnight). Are you really going to hit the Dojo for a month straight and use up all your snoutlings that way? CPC doesn’t offer as many snoutlings, but it does offer some. In fact, if you are grinding it, you can probably earn enough for a full Dojo trip every three hours anyway.

EDIT: The mastery thread says the average number of snoutling buys per Dojo trip is around 6. So, 175000 snoutlings divided by 420 snoutlings per trip = 417 trips. Say you get in 6 trips a day, that means it would take 69 days to spend 175,000 snoutlings. And like I said, CPC is going to earn you enough snoutlings to keep you even if you are grinding it, probably (I might test some averages on that later…)

To me, it isn’t about amassing snoutlings — it’s about getting _enough_ snoutlings. And the way the Dojo is currently set up, CPC offers plenty.

I’m sure fine to agree to disagree, though — to each his own!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

burbman
    @burbman

@sutekh137 – That 175,000 snoutling pile is only going to get you a portion of the way to full mastery 12 for all birds. Based on my initial calculations two weeks ago when the level was raised from 10 to 12, it would cost just shy of 400,000 snouts to bring the existing 26 classes from 10 to 12, and Illusionist all the way from zero to 12. Sure you will earn some mastery along the way from battles and events, but you will still need to farm some snouts to cross the finish line.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Just some more data on CPC vs SRC…

I think I was over-estimating the overall mastery gained on CPC, but I did verify that finishing SRC takes about 50% longer than clearing the first four waves of CPC. That makes sense, with SRC including the Boss (and the double-mastery he might drop).

I did verify that playing just the first four levels of CPC will yield you plenty of snoutlings to buy mastery at the Dojo. On average, clearing the first four waves took 105 seconds (automated). That means you can get in around 30 battles per hour. Average snoutling yield for clearing four waves of CPC was about 15 snoutlings (CPC does have the Wealthy Rogue appear a decent amount, though). So, 15 snoutlings x 30 times per hour means 450 snoutlings per hour. If you ground for 3 hours between Dojo visits, you’d have 1350 snoutlings. Dojo, on average, is only going to require 420 snoutlings per visit.

Now, I did this test on BlueStacks so it was fast and didn’t crash at all. But even on a slower environment, you can still get enough snoutlings at CPC to cover what can be spent at the Dojo. All of this is assuming a regular, steady grind, of course…

That being said, you’ll probably want to start at SRC because, hey, not everyone has a lot of snoutlings. Might as well build up in order to buy other stuff, like potions. Most veterans have hundreds of those, but if you don’t, extra snoutlings are nice.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

I got all my birds to mastery 10 by grinding CPC. Yes, I also bought mastery at the Dojo, but see my above post. If you grind CPC you will still have plenty enough snoutlings for the average Dojo visit because the snoutling slots are so chintzy.

CPC has the advantage of allowing pretty weak birds and/or weak builds. When I initially tried SRC (birds at mastery 7 or so, not a lot of epic gear) there was no way certain builds could finish off the boss. So, no extra snoutlings and no extra mastery over what I could get in the first four waves of CPC.

Now, of course, I can get through SRC no problem with pretty much any build (my birds are all at mastery 11 and I have all the Epic gear, though from previous levels, grrr). So yeah, it is nice to go get some snoutlings from there from time to time, and if you are going to farm after already having all the mastery you want, it is definitely the place to do it. At least, there really is nothing else in the game to do unless you are an avid Arena player (which I am not). I don’t bother with the daily dungeons because I have no friend’s birds to use, and if I want snoutlings, I’ll just auto-grind SRC for an hour and get a few thousand snoutlings that way.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Whatever you do, DO NOT spend 15 LC on mastery for all Chuck’s classes. Illusionist doesn’t get any! Don’t know about 75 LC for mastery for all — no way I’m going to waste 75LC to find out.
    Still haven’t seen a snoutling offer for Illusionist, even though I did spend LC to get new set of Dojo offerings.

@sutekh137
    — Despite my gripe, I think the Dojo offerings are really random, and I will get some snoutling offers for Illusionist eventually. There was a long discussion about the statistics of Dojo offerings; may be buried in mastery thread.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

Yeah, that was where I got the average of 6 snoutling-buys per Dojo refresh. And those guys collected a LOT of statistics on that front. Yes, they slot changeovers are random, but averages are averages.

That SUCKS about the Illusionist not being seen by the Dojo yet — you should definitely ask Rovio support for a refund, and I would ask for the full 5 LC even if the other classes did go up! I would assume that will be fixed once the Illusionist appears wherever it is going to be for sale. Man, to play it safe, though, I’d wait to use LC on Chuck upgrading until the next update of Epic in full…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@sutekh137

Are you aware that you don’t need to complete the first 4 waves of CPC.
    The fastest way to gain mastery is to quickly finish the first wave, hit pause after sending of the last strike and restarting CPC. You don’t want the arrow to go to the next wave to come up. Just hit pause after firing off the last strike.

If I remember correctly, take Skulkers, any bomb class and a third bird. Have Skulkers buff himself, hit bombs explode and finish the last pig. Before the last strike lands, hit the pause button.

This has to be done manually, but it gets mastery quickly.

The benefit of doing the first 4 waves of CPC, as you are, is that you can do it on auto, which requires less interaction on your part. It is just not as quick.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@mvnla2 @sutekh137

75LC works (to the best of my knowledge) correctly. I had a brand new Illusionist, bought the 75LC, and he now is Level 2 and about 75% of the way toward Level 3.

I don’t know much about the amounts of Mastery needed for levels. But does that sound right?

Also I didn’t have the 15LC-Chuck show up, so I wasn’t able to double check your bug report MVN. I’ll try to next time I see it.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@kerravon

I’ve been trying to tell these folks about CPC, man! *smile*

Yeah, I know the first wave is a good deal, but don’t you mean the first two waves? Second wave is harder, but still a lot of bodies. I suppose you did the math on that, though. *smile*

All my “grinding” is via hitting the “go” button in the lower right. I can’t sit there watching over something for 2, 4, 6, 8 hours. I set my tablet up at work and press my finger on various parts of it every once in a while. I’ve got work to do. In that regard, once my birds are strong enough, SRC has a better “set it and forget it” motif than CPC (plus oh so many snoutlings!).

But like I said — I’ve been trying to say that CPC has the straight-up mastery, and “enough” snoutlings for what the stingy Dojo offers.

Rovio is good at making sure snoutlings seem valuable when they really aren’t. Because you don’t have to spend real money on snoutlings.

But then that’s why if I can ever exploit anything for LC, I will (and have done).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

PS. Anyone else ever signed in on a few different devices to Epic and had the calendar advance? I have. I’m on September 14th, I think. Has this bug been properly pronounced? When I sign in on a new device, the calendar comes up as if another day has passed… I didn’t try it with the same device — or did I? You could conceivably uninstall and reinstall all day long and get everything from the current calendar at once if tis is a real bug.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@amslimfordy

Have you used the Illusionist in any other battles? Those first few levels come REALLY fast. From 1 to 2 only takes 25 points according to the Mastery thread. And then it takes 1200 to go from 2 to 3. If you have been actively using the class much at all, you might have gotten that much from basic rewards…

…or, the 1000 from the 75 LC would take you to about 3/4 the way to level 3 mastery, just like you said.

So maybe just the 15 LC (Chuck-specific) is broken.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dojo Questions

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.