New Arena: problems and suggestions for fixing

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena: problems and suggestions for fixing

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 204 total)
  • Replies
  • Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bankler

Wow, thank you for the great answers! The 24-hour rule and using our latest entry (for that particular set of rooms, I assume) makes sense. It’s about as close as “head-to-head” as one can get without live PvP, I suppose.

So, when I have a bad run (though I feel as if I am playing at the same level of effectiveness), it just means my opponents have had some good runs that I can’t beat (I’m in a slump right now, only won one of my last 8…).

At this point, then, it would seem the only issue is matching to an equitable opponent. And taking care of cheaters and getting folks in the correct league, of course — but that’s always. *smile*

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

@sutekh137
    Regarding cheaters, we are trying to find a long term solution for this for a future update.
    Same thing goes with league matching in both opponents and in leagues.

@maiasatara

As I’ve said before. There’s a bug currently in the live game that has already been fixed. All profile views in the game is currently showing your own league. Even friends and leaderboard profiles. It will be fixed for the upcoming update.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

New problem as of 7:04pm EST today. I was winning my battle by a few thousand points and my opponent had no birds left. I had 2 – a hot pepper spell card earned during the battle and one red. I threw the pepper which in the past has NEVER been hit by debris. One throws it, it flames to a pig and explodes. This one got hit by a piece of stone then became flying ash that took the spot of a pig but only as a smudge. No explosion. And I LOST POINTS!!!!! So many points that when I threw my last Azure level Red it didn’t recover enough and I lost the battle I had already won two birds ago. (My opponent had zero cards left and his avatar was already greyed out BEFORE we switched rooms to where I used my last two. In the session 3 hours before, I beat my opponent by more than 1,000,000 and earned 8 stars for my trouble. I see there are new levels today but they arrived without a forced update. I’ll do it manually and see what, if anything, has improved. I’m a former QA Mgr. and IT Project Manager. You need me over there, Rovio!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@maiasatara — Yes, Rovio could really use you! I think that Rovio’s QA people are OK, although I’m sure they could use a topnotch manager, but I think they are woefully understaffed and overworked. Just look at the constant barrage of slopping programming they have to deal with.
    BTW — I’ve never heard of a hot pepper spell card (or any other spell) doing that!

kedik22
    @kedik22

Hi.
    Strange things keep happening in the arena.
    Today I played the same opponent (Paulius) twice in a row.
    We played the exact same rooms during both battles.
    And both times he had the exact same score, 4.8 M plus.
    And I also received at least three spells as extra cards.
    Weren’t these things already fixed or addressed?
    It is very disappointing.

Also.
    The guy in first place in my tournament increased his number Of stars from a little over 500 to close to 900 in a matter of hours.
    Playing the arena under these circumstances is now very frustrating!
    What can be done to bring this game to an even playing field?

Kind regards.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kedik22 — Statistically you will occasionally play the same person twice in a row. It happened to me once, and the opponent’s scores were identical. 4.8 M plus does seem like a lot, although you didn’t say what level the opponent’s birds were.
    Receiving spells as free cards will be eliminated in the next update, or so Rovio says.
    You should send a support request directly to Rovio support explaining what happened. If you have any screenshots of the 500 to 900 star increase or the 4.8 M plus send them as well.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@mvnla2, thank you for your reply.
    My opponents birds were all eights.
    It seems to me Rovio says a lot, means well but have their plate full.
    Sorry, did not take any screenshots.
    Hope @clovos will answer, though.
    Right now first place has 867 stars, third place has 512 and I am in fifth with 267.
    It is frustrating, and I am not that bad a player.
    BTW, thanks for the previous invite!

Kind regards.

@kedik22
    All fixes we do is not live until the next scheduled patch. We can’t commit fixes to the live game instantly. This is to dangerous with a game this big. It has to go thought QA tests and be confirmed that it works as intended.
    Regarding the stars in the Arena, he/she could be cheating. We are trying to find a way to eliminate cheaters completely in the Arena. But reporting it to our support is important to make everyone aware of the problem.
    I will let you guys now when we found a solution for this and meanwhile I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@clovos
    Thank you for getting back.
    And yes, please keep us posted on any new developments.

Kind regards.

Brandon Davis
    @brandon-davis

First place in Amethyst league has almost 900 stars, and yesterday was just over 300 I think. Wow.

Not fun. Makes me want to quit, and I’m not alone in this department. Check into it please, and thank you for your responses as well.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@brandon-davis — Can you take a screenshot and post it in your album, and post the link here with an @mention to clovos? You might also send a support request to Rovio. There are many Amethyst leagues, so they won’t know who you are talking about.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@brandon-davis @mvnla2

Not trying to be a curmudgeon, but in my league first place has 1402 stars. Second place has 666. My score has two things, Jack and Squalor…and Jack just left town.

An amount of stars anywhere north of a thousand is ridiculous. But this is what folks do. Is this cheating or bored expenditures? I don’t know. (But Rovio probably enjoys it.)

By the way, I’m in Emerald League — one below Amethyst. I’m surprised your front-runner has such a palsied score. *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Brandon Davis
    @brandon-davis

@sutekh137

I just beat Emerald in first place with three hundred something stars last week and advanced to where I a. Something has seriously happened recently then.

You can see my comment about winning the Emerald league a few pages back.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

A cheater like this one... 2nd one I encountered with this incredible score...

@clovos
    @bankler

Second time I encountered a player with this kind of score in the Arena. And this one on the first day of this week tournament…

Brandon Davis
    @brandon-davis

This needs to be addressed now before you lose a lot of players. Even new players. They will end up discovering this and these forums.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos @bankler — Seems that more and more people are figuring out how to cheat in the AB2 arena. I know you are working on a long-term solution, but in the meantime, is it possible to eliminate these people from the arena leaderboards?

@mouldingo
    @brandon-davis — Clovos and banlker work for Rovio on AB2. It would also help if you submitted any reports of cheaters directly to Rovio support.

Brandon Davis
    @brandon-davis

Oh I assume they check this quite often even without tagging them.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@brandon-davis — I would hope that cloves checks frequently and reads all the posts since the last time he visited. He works on UI for AB2, so he would need to pass some issues on to other people. Not sure that bankler reads unless mentioned.

Brandon Davis
    @brandon-davis

Gotcha. Yeah I’m just going by the assumption when they are tagged they also read all these other posts.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@mouldingo
    Thanks for the screenshot. Yes, we are working on a more solid long-term solution. With some luck we might get a temporary solution in for the next update, but can’t promise anything yet. We realize this is serious, and we will take care of it.

Nobody Special
    @nobodyspecial

A lot of @clovos’ response to posters’ questions use corporate speak, so I thought I’d provide a layman’s translation:

“…[T]here was a reason why we updated the arena.”

Translation: “The reason we updated the arena is because wasn’t as profitable as we thought it could be.”

“[The old arena] did not hold the same quality as the rest of the game, and that is a fact.”

Translation: “The old arena wasn’t as profitable as the rest of the game, and that is a fact.”

“However I’ve been working on something really cool regarding [spells] that will be released soon.”

Translation: “However I’ve been working on something more profitable regarding spells that will be released soon.”

“Everyone want bigger rewards of course, but it’s very important to keep a good balance in the game.”

Translation: “Everyone want bigger rewards of course, but it’s very important to increase our profits from the game.”

“…[M]aybe other things will be added [so the arena] is only skill-based :-)”

Translation: “Maybe other things will be added so the game can be even more profitable. :-)”

“We will not bring back the old tournament. It was lacking, even if some people liked it more.”

Translation: “We will not bring back the old tournament. It wasn’t as profitable, even if some people liked it more.”

“We’ve introduced a new gatcha box/treasure chest with bigger feather rewards available for in game currency.”

Translation: “We’ve introduced a new gatcha box/treasure chest with bigger feather rewards available for in game currency. This is another way to get people to spend more money and make the game more profitable.”

“I would not consider spells as heavy pay-to-win.”

Translation: “I would not consider spells as heavy pay-to-win, because to believe otherwise might affect the game’s profits.”

“The old [arena] was not very good. This is based on how much players played the arena.”

Translation: “The old arena was not very profitable. This is based on how much money players spent in the arena.”

“…[S]pells are a enhancement to your play, but it’s not a pay-to-win feature. It does not guaranty you a win.”

Translation: “Spells are a enhancement to your play, but it’s not a pay-to-win feature. Even though it greatly increases your chances of winning, technically, it does not guaranty you a win, so, technically, isn’t pay-to-win.”

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

cheat

One cheat was enough…but two? I guess this crack exploit is spreading.

I’ve realised that I’ve gotten out of topic quite a lot in this thread. I’m not here to take any sides or discussing topics that is out of my hands. My focus is to listen to ideas, get bug reports and communicate with the community by helping or answer questions.
    I want to clearify that I’m here on my private time. Try to appriciate my efforts and take the opportunity to improve the game by influencing me with improvements and ideas :-)

@mouldingo

Regarding the cheaters, we are working on a solution to remove the cheaters permanently. Meanwhile, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to report this to our support.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

I would have thought that the arena scores are saved on a server (at Rovio). Surely it is easy to write a piece of software that can flag players with over, say, 5,000 star scores. Those that do are looked at or those that gave an increase of stars over 1,000 between last save.

This would save players reporting it to Rovio customer support, who do not seem to reply back. This has been my experience of sending two complaints in.

AND – this update can’t come fast enough for me. Blizzard spell as a drawn card (not chosen) has just cost me another arena.
    If you are going to force cards on players, why not let them at least choose between a few. Ramming a pointless blizzard card down my throat is tasteless!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena: problems and suggestions for fixing

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.