Blue Streak Update CRASHES

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Blue Streak Update CRASHES

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 133 total)
  • Replies
  • Nonna
    @nonna

1. Android 4.2.2
    2. Ontario Canada
    3. Rank 262
    4. Factory settings

sdhcurtis
    @sdhcurtis1

new angry birds transformers 1.6.11 crashing on iPad Mini 3.
    iOS 8.4
    Texas
    367 ( I think)
    Not Jailbroken (don’t know what that means)
    Had over 2 million coins & over 4000 gems

Gjy5199
    @gjy5199

Ipad 3, iOS 8.3, not jail broken, level 276, upgrade in progress, Massachusetts

kilemloco
    @havock

2nd time game doesn’t start after update

Nexus 7 II

a)Android 5.1.1.
    b)Poland
    c)level `294

Wolfgang Jani
    @wolfgang-jani

a) iOS 8.4, ipad air2
    b) budapest, Hungary
    c) 280
    d) No

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I uninstalled, re installed, played until Bumblebee unlocked, connected to facebook and game restored ok

Prefer not to have to do that for each upgrade though.

Jonboy
    @jonboy

Is it working (without the uninstall) for anybody?

Rovibot
    @rovibot

Tried to uninstall and reinstall … kept on crashing.

Via settings, told iPhone not to automatically update apps.

Deleted app.

Via iTunes, reinstalled prior version of the app. iTunes did not download the new version yet.

I have the old version of the app back and working

iPhone 6
    iOS 9 Beta
    Not Jailbroken
    WA, USA
    Level 291

Edit:

I have tried logging out of Facebook and the Game Center, deleting the app, and doing a fresh install. I cannot even get that to work. Crashes during load.

beaups
    @grathe

Fresh install worked for me. Oddly enough it was only 47mb while the update was 113mb..? Game now works on my Galaxy S4 lollipop for the first time in months!

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

a) which OS version is affected – 8.4
    b) which geographical region (city and/or country) is affected – Malaysia
    c) what level of rank you’ve mastered in the game – almost 300, can’t remember exactly
    d) if your iOS device might be rooted or jailbroken – no

The app crashes on the opening screen.

Edit: deleting and reinstalling the game worked for me too. (I was rank 302, I hadn’t been keeping track!) I played the first node and the game synced my progress. All is good. :)

Rovibot
    @rovibot

One thing I do find interesting is that when I do a fresh install of what is now the prior version, it starts up fine … does the cartoon, I play the first level of Optimus, it then senses I have a Facebook login so it says going to update, it then pauses and says it cannot restore my progress until everything has downloaded and I have a download indicator that is typically around 80%. After it gets to 100% I click Ok and the game restores as normal. So the game lets you play it even though it has not downloaded everything yet.

It almost seems like with this latest update, the game is trying to start, but for us higher level folks, it has not retrieved all of the higher level stuff yet and hence crashes. Either way, I am stuck on the now old version, which I am fine with. It gives me an opportunity to upgrade a level or two more before upgrades get harder.

mars805
    @mars805

OS 8.4 iPad air2
    USA, southern california, west coast
    level 269, with all transformers at level 10 except the one leveling up before the update.
    no jailbreak or other hacks

yes, i,ve turned the system off and rebooted.
    still crashes. played this morning, hoping i,m backed up to the cloud
    know its not backed up to computer
    have not de installed and re installed

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Seems everyone’s having the same issue with the game crashing.

So…I think I’m just going to hold off on updating for now.

Did they fix the issue with Android Lollipop crashing, and android users only getting two stars in missions?

Rumblebee
    @rumblebee

Hello again peeps!

Thank you everyone for the valuable information! It really has helped us to get to the bottom of this issue. But I didn’t come here just to thank you, since I have good news related to this issue:

the reason for this crashing problem relates to the situation when the game is updated while there’s a character upgrade or a portal mission going on. This makes the game to load assets for completed characters or missions, but if the character/mission status is still ongoing, there are no files to be loaded, which leads to the game crashing.

So, anyone who has not updated the game yet, we recommend you to wait patiently until your Character upgrade and portal missions are finished, after that you should be able to update your game without any problems!

If you have already updated the game and you’re encountering this crashing issue, you can re-install your game IF you have connected your game to Facebook and/or Game Center. If you’ve done so, you can play through the tutorial until you unlock Bumblebee and retrieve back your progress either via Facebook or your Game Center account. Please note, that if you are not sure if your game is saved to our cloud servers, we recommend you to stretch your patience a little bit thinner – we are looking for a fix that does not require re-installation.

Thank you again for all the information you’ve given us. I’d also like to thank you all for your understanding and patience, we really appreciate it!

Best regards,

Rovio Support Team

wrw01
    @wrw01

@rumblebee

iOS 8.4(12H143)
    USA Indiana
    Rank Prime 405
    not jailbroken

Richard A. Hernandez
    @richard-a-hernandez

Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254
    A) Android 5.1
    B) Pocono Lake, PA
    C) 212 (Sweeps Leader, had a character in upgrade)
    D) Not Modified

Hangs on loading screen after 100% load.

Cow23
    @cow23

iOS 8.3 iPhone 6
    UK
    lvl 235
    No jailbreaks

No backup, no Fb, bit nervous of deleting and starting again

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

iPhone 5
    iOS 8.4
    Australia
    Rank 308 – was upgrading and no Facebook backup
    not jailbroken

Have I just lost all my progress?

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Thank you @rumblebee , however, as I am continually upgrading TFs and always have characters on missions as well as having automatic upgrades enabled, it should by up to Rovio to have their updates enabled for these circumstances.
    I am sure that most of the regular contributors to this forum are in the same situation as I.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Express your displeasure. Join the video boycott.

VIDEO BOYCOTT (closed)

FatBoy
    @aleks10

S4 Lollipop, just reinstalled the game-again and it is working perfectly, Rovio please don´t change anything :)

wrw01
    @wrw01

@rumblebee
    Loaded the update without any problems after finishing the missions and upgrading the characters.

After the update tapped the ship icon on the bottom right to bring up the characters and the screen when black. Could only see the pigs, coins and crystals on the top. Got out of the game, double tapped the iPad home key and closed the startup, cleared Safari in the setting and turned the pad off then on. The game did come up.

Just wanted to report the black screen appearing after loading the update and playing Jenga for 5-6 time.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@rumblebee
    Loaded the update without any problems after finishing the missions and upgrading the characters.

After the update tapped the ship icon on the bottom right to bring up the characters and the screen when black. Could only see the pigs, coins and crystals on the top. Got out of the game, double tapped the iPad home key and closed the startup, cleared Safari in the setting and turned the pad off then on. The game did come up.

Just wanted to report the black screen appearing after loading the update and playing Jenga for 5-6 time.

Rovibot
    @rovibot

Well, I called it.

So in short, if you cannot upgrade the game with no missions or characters upgrading … then Rovio does not really expect anyone to be playing this game???

This was a HUGE miss in their testing by Rovio!

From the sounds of it, material requirements for level upgrades increase dramatically with the update. Hence, making mission success rates all the more important. I think I am going to beef up some of my Mission Squads (Thinker, Seeker, Warrior) a bit more while the material requirements are low for a week or so first. Then … I will STOP playing the game … so it can upgrade. Beefing up my mission squads will help ensure easier success rates for missions and hence more materials earned.

It also sounds like it is best to go into the Mad Scientist stage with 50 gems, so I will accumulate those too prior to upgrading too.

Daggorath
    @daggorath

My Samsung S4 without modification auto updates my AB games. The update for Transformers obviously updated as when I started it this morning I saw the new AB Transformers opening screen splash that follows the Rovio screen. BUT, that is ALL that I got. It begins to load showing the various teasers, i.e. “Polishing gems” etc., and them it simply quits and returns to my home phone screen. I have tried it at least 50 times and it continues to do the same thing. The game never starts.

I have devoted an inordinate of time of cash to excel in this great game and was at a level of over 275. I am very worried that I will lose all my accomplishments. I am sure that all my missions that I started last evening were completed within 4 hours so I don’t think the program is waiting on my activities to finish.

Will Rovio please give very clear and simple instructions as to how to get back up and running with the new upgrade? At worst case, how do I revert back to the previous version so as not to loose my progress? It appears that many users are already up but mine is still down after firing up at 6:00 this morning. Please advise.

Thanks,
    JC

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Blue Streak Update CRASHES

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.