Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 478 total)
  • Replies
  • Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – Washington state, misted beauty.

That links worked! on my phone. As it says, it is a respite for “weary fingers, “and so I need to access it from my laptop. I’m getting damage in my hands from too many years on computers and using asmart phone. 40 years from now orthopedic surgeons who specialize in working on hands are going to earn bokoo bucks.

I am taking a forced rest break from all things angry bird because I got several nasty Trojans yesterday. Last night I was up until 2 AM doing damage control, creating new user IDs, passwords, checking accounts. I’ve never been able to actually track trojans in vivo before. This time I caught the nasties in time, contained it, and had time to watch. I found a text file with my usernames, passwords, and websites that was to be uploaded the next time I logged onto my computer. They dumped my passwords from Firefox, which to my dismay is amazingly easy to do. But they didn’t steal all of them. They had some algorithm that chose some passwords and not others. Some of the important passwords made sense, like my bank accounts, Amazon, one that had equity in the website name, and so forth. But they wanted my Angry Birds username and password!

Computer hackers be warned! You cannot hijack gelfling’s account and steal those 856 hard earned coins!

Gelfling is mad! Gelfling has friends! Chewbacca is -not- happy!# Watch out for holographic darth attacks on your registry and turbotax refunds! Gelfling will put your Carbonite in Iceland so they never melt! Gelfling will send her 2 Jedi Younglings out to find you, fly up your nose, and give you a permanent sneeze!

« Time to go change my ABN password.»

some of these rewards levels are really fun I hope you guys are enjoying them too.

Comrade
    @jaybeez

Use tuskan raider (sniper) or biker scout, to get the coins inside caves. I used biker scout for the majority because I have the telepod. Just bash him up to the cave as close as possible. I was able to get all coins in all levels I’ve unlocked so far with this method.

DaBoid
    @daboid

I’m coming late to the discussion. I, too, am well past the bloom of youth and still enjoy Angry Birds.

My contribution to the cause is to offer my method for maximizing carbonite melts. After I melt a new character, I immediately start the next one AND set my iPhone timer for 7 hours 59 minutes. That way the timer dings when it’s almost time for the new melt.

I get three a day that way.

I’ve tracked AB progress in an Excel spreadsheet. Lately I’ve been tracking my melt characters. If anyone is interested, here they are:

R2D2
    Jango Fett
    Battle Droid
    Anakin Episode I
    Anakin Episode II
    Jedi Youngling
    Jango Fett
    Droideka
    Wicket
    Jar Jar
    Shocktrooper
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Kit Fisko
    Red Battle Droid
    Shocktrooper
    Battle Droid
    Silver C-3PO
    Darth Maul
    Jedi Youngling
    Captain Panaka
    R2D2
    Mace Windu
    Lando
    Shadowtrooper
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Wicket
    Anakin Episode I
    Jedi Luke
    C-3PO

E-Star
    @e-star

@jaybeez Thanks for your tip! I moved your topic into this thread, where imo it is best suited. I just finished gathering all the coins and I got them all BUT ONE (PR-5)… and indeed I used Biker Scout to do the trick, I was amazed at the power of his rocket!

E-Star
    @e-star

Ow and @Sparty83 many thanks again for your list, it was of great help to me and I can only agree with your findings, at the end of it all I have a coin count of 914… guess we will have to wait for the next update and check to see if they added the missing ones.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Rovio answer to my latest request for an exact count. Doesn’t really help. Maybe some of the coins have bugs?

Rovio Support Team, Apr 29 03:31:

I totally understand your guys’ frustration on the amount of hidden credits. We are currently looking into this matter and will clear it up in the next update.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Keep up the good work! :)

Nadir
    Rovio Support Team

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

BTW, we could really use someone with an Android to check number of coins in B2-10. There is a report of something like a bug there. A screenshot on Android would be most helpful.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@daboid — Welcome! This seems to be a group of people were very thorough about finishing SW2. In that spirit, a list of characters is not enough. You will have to put your list into an Excel spreadsheet with lots of columns/variables to be eligible to post here. ;) people can be very obsessive here about the total number of coins, how to get them, and where, giving Rovio grief from botching the total coin number

To finish SW2, with the number of coins and characters that I have, I’m going to have to yield to peer pressure and use a spreadsheet myself. That and doing finger limbering exercises before playing may see me through.

@mvnla2
    has directed people to a guide of the SW2 characters and strategies on how to get to the end.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Daboid — Hope you caught the humor in @gelfling’s post.
    I wish I had used a spreadsheet, but didn’t, even after I started counting.
    Would be interesting to know how many you got of each character.
    I actually got 5 Hologram Darth Sidious, after I had bought 10 with coins and unlocked his reward chapter, of course.
    You haven’t, by any chance kept track of how many coins on each level and compared your list to Sparty’s on p.2?

sparty83
    @sparty83

@mvnla2,
    I am an android player, I have 3 coins for B2-10. Here is a screen cap with them numbered

http://angrybir.de/1izrnGL

DaBoid
    @daboid

@gelfing

Pffttt… Spreadsheet? Did you say Spreadsheet?

I make a living with Excel, programming in VBA and using it as the front-end for a multi-dimensional TM1 database. It is a rare workday that I don’t write or edit several VBA subroutines, not to mention TM1’s Turbo Integrator.

Of course I have a complete Excel workbook with all my Angry Birds scores, tabbed by game with auto calculations for % of the three-star threshold, % over the average and my occasional (it can happen) chart-topping high score. (I hold the Winter Wonderham 1-25 high score, to my eternal glory.) I have columns and formulas for both iPhone and PC platforms, and a VBA script to automatically back up my score files to Dropbox.

I have a separate tab to track the coins in SW2. So far, I match the others in this thread. I haven’t opened all the rewards level, yet, because I am too “cheep” to spend valuable coin for birds and pigs I can get for free, just by be being patient.

By waiting for characters from carbonite melts, I’m dragging out my enjoyment of the game. Setting the timer on my iPhone makes it efficient.

PS: You may address me as Ms DaBoid. I’m a girl.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sparty — I forgot you were an Android player. Thanks for the link to the screenshot. Someone reported seeing 4 coins on that level on one Android but not on another. This could be a wild goose chase.

@DaBoid
    — Aren’t you the one that mentioned spreadsheet first? I’m no stranger to spreadsheets and other more advanced calculation methods (Mathematica anyone?), but I’m not as obsessed as some nesters about keeping track of all things AB. Which may explain why I’m not at the top of any leaderboards.
    Kind of curious — what are you planning to spend your coins for if not to buy characters to unlock rewards levels. Between the melts and coins, I finally unlocked all of them.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@DaBoid

Oh, oh, so sorry — Making a living with Excel — So, so, sincerely sorry.

LOL about complete spreadsheet. You can go back through this forum to find a discussion of obsessiveness, spreadsheets, and SW2. But – Wow. I nominate you for the leaderboard for excel obsessiveness. You win, by a beak.

There are different ways to handle the obsessive nature that seems to be attracted to angry birds. Myself, I see that siren call and refuse. Mostly. Well, until now. I confess to creating screenshots of that display which shows all of the bird/pig characters, the number of stars, and whether or not they are open. Then I pasted information — the number of those characters I have and how much they cost — on the screenshot. But I’ve been muddling through with no spreadsheets, until <<<COINS.>>>

Me cheep too. I have never paid 1 cent to Rovio. Does that go along with the obsessiveness?

I read the timer approach earlier today for Carbonite melts, shook my head, and sighed. Of course that had occurred to me, but it is only a game. Wasn’t it? At any rate I nominate that player for the obsessiveness leaderboard. And then add myself to the list for best right brain approach to creating a spreadsheet without creating a spreadsheet.

Gender. Better for me to be androgynous online. But I came out of the closet as a Gelflings with wings, then grudgingly changed my avatar. You can call me Gelfling. I had a split personality as gelfling and “Not Dead Yet,” but apparently that was too complicated.

Welcome!

DaBoid
    @daboid

@mvnla2

Spreadsheets are in my DNA. I don’t know who mentioned spreadsheets first, but from my early days in PiggyLand, I started a spreadsheet to track my scores. It’s just second nature. I’ve been working with spreadsheets since 1982 starting with SuperCalc on my Osborne One.

Actually, I love my job. It’s brain candy. I don’t have to go to meetings, I don’t have to deal with the public, I just sit in my little chair and code all day. Love it. (In answer to @gelfling’s pity. I don’t need no stinking pity.)

I don’t mind paying for a game that I enjoy. What I do mind are these open-ended payments.

For example, the Mighty Eagle was sold as a one-time purchase for unlimited Eagles. When the level was particularly tough, I could fling Eagle after Eagle until that magic “100%” appeared. Then, they came out with the Space Eagle. You have to pay actual money to buy X amount of Space Eagles and when you run out, due to a difficult level, it’s back to the credit card for more. I hate that. Rovio has a financial incentive to make Space levels as difficult as possible for the Space Eagle, not just for gameplay fun.

The character swaps in SW2 are similar. I set up my spreadsheet to see what characters were NOT in the normal play, in other words, what characters I am obliged to swap in order to meet their minimum scores. I calculated how much each 10-character bundle costs and how many points I could clear from “guaranteed” levels (P2-4 is excellent) and then realized that mathematically I did not have enough coin of the realm to buy characters and clear their levels, even assuming everything went according to plan.

Grrr.

Then they came out with the coins and the carbonite melts. I have been carefully tracking my progress and at this point I believe I have enough coins to clear the remaining character levels ASSUMING EVERYTHING GOES RIGHT, which is a foolish assumption. In addition, we still have an unknown remaining level with ? numbers of new characters and ? numbers of coins. Will there be 1000-914=86 coins? More? Less?

So, I’m hoarding my coins and patiently letting carbonite melts provide me with characters for free. I’ve picked up a few levels that way. (Curse you, Mace Windu, for messing up with my last precious shot, leaving me with 93% of the desired score.)

I can be patient.

WATYF
    @watyf

I have another strategy for PR-5 in case anyone still hasn’t been able to get it using the strategies mentioned by @muffincake and @cams (and who don’t want to spend 10 credits for the traitor swap just so they can get one with C3P0).

This method was inspired by the strategy mentioned by @cams.

First, launch a Dooku so that it floats just ABOVE the area where the TNT is. Right as Dooku goes over the TNT, shoot DOWNWARD just to the left of the TNT. This will take out the wooden platform that the TNT is on and it will float downward. (As pointed out in @cams approach, you can also take out the TNT platform from below, but I found that the shot from above to the easiest (i.e. most repeatable) way to take out the platform, and my approach requires you to hit it from above so you can do step two).

Next, as the TNT is floating down, launch a Dooku to the right in the general direction of the long chain (with two balls) which is just to the left of the TNT. Aim somewhere in the MIDDLE of the long chain (just above where the top, left corner of the structure is). DON’T aim for the structure and DON’T aim for the TNT. You’re just trying to hit the chain. Because you’re moving, this will carve out a small piece of the chain (it will first cut the chain at one place, and then when the boomerang returns to you, it will cut it at a different location).

So now there’s a piece of the chain floating just off the top, left edge of the structure. When the TNT falls and hits the structure, it will explode and launch the piece of chain to the left. Hopefully, it will fly into the chasm and down to that last, pesky coin.

I tried @muffincake’s approach for hours to no avail, and I never even got close to arranging events according to @cams approach, but it only took me three tries of launching the piece of chain for it to go down the hole and get the last coin.

Hopefully this helps those who are still stuck on PR-5.

WATYF

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sparty83 — Forgot the 83 in post above, and didn’t notice until now. Thanks again.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@daboid – we have a lot of similarities. I am a closet spreadsheeter, but I come to Angry Birds for fun and want to play, not work. Escape and distraction from what I do in real life.

I too have issues with Rovio, and that’s why I don’t give them any of my real dollars. I have thought about creating a forum, “Dear Rovio,” where we tell them what we really think. If they want to read it they can, because it’s from their most fanatical players, or not. A free focus group, if they recognized it as such.

Stinking Pity? “Pity? We don’t need no stinkin’ pity!” @mvnla2 — Since apparently my humor can be obtuse I’ll cite a helpful link this time and add smiley faces.

My current strategy seems to be the same. Since I refuse to spend actual dollars, I have to wait for Carbonite melts and be extremely precise when I use one of my hoarded characters. I find that setting my phone down, warming up my hands, and doing some limbering exercises helps. :-) Also there are places here at ABN to find excellent strategies for particular characters. My all-time favorite level is P1 – 19, you can get a whole lot of points really fast, sometimes over 100,000 for the use of one of a particular character. I frequently drag my bird characters over there to open levels.

DaBoid
    @daboid

I used to use P1-19 to pick up easy Pork Side points, but I have a new favorite:

P2-4.

All you have to do is gently bump the flying saucer thing on the left and you are almost guaranteed 80,000 points. The flying saucer will fall on the two birds below it, then will swing over to demolish the seven birds to the right. After that, the two flying saucers in the middle will activate and destroy the two birds perched within.

Sometimes, if you’re lucky, that flying saucer will also take out the two remaining birds, but that’s not a guarantee. Your two remaining Darth Mauls can handle them.

P1-19 is good for grabbing large numbers of points, but it’s finicky. P2-4 is more reliable.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling and @daboid — Rovio has heard a lot of ABN complaints about PUs, probably mostly before your time, at least for gelfling. I don’t think there is a need to create a new forum, but I’ll look to see if there is something convenient. If you look closely, you will see a No PU symbol in the upper left corner of both my and Sparty’s avatars (on this page), and on many of the avatars of long-time members. I’ll look up and send you links later.
    Rovio also has people assigned to keep track of what is going on at ABN, although they are mostly invisible. For example, I’m sure someone regularly watches the bugs forum. Occasionally one will surface for something of great interest. Can’t remember when I last saw one though.
    BL and the other admins have contacts at Rovio for important bugs and other issues. I occasionally send a tweet to Peter Vesterbacka, the Mighty Eagle of Rovio. I have sent him more than one tweet about the missing coins in Galactic Giveaway. He did respond (probably posted on an earlier page in this forum), but he is very busy, and always on travel.
    If you are trying to use precious character swaps to open rewards levels be sure to check the walkthrough page for the reward level. There are some suggestions and even videos from E-Star showing how to get a really high score per character swap. You are going to need levels that regularly give >100K for some of the rarer / more expensive characters.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling @daboid — I posted this on the previous page, but you really should check it out before you waste precious character swaps.

Complete Angry Birds Star Wars 2 Characters Guide – All Characters & Powers

This has a lot of suggestions about which levels to use to unlock specific characters. However, start at the end and read backward. There are a lot of suggestions at the beginning that are out-of-date, and will cause you to waste a lot of characters.
    There are also suggestions about how to unlock a rewards level on some of the walkthrough pages for that level. @E-Star has also posted some videos.
    Not sure if this is still available, but if it is, definitely use it:
    Shortly after the Galactic Giveaway came out, you were able to watch ads to get a “melt now” when the melt started. This gave you two extra melts for each melt cycle. For a while, you could also watch an ad to melt a few (maybe 10 or 20) min before melt finished. I never figured out how far in advance, because the ads stopped. If you started recently, and are getting the “watch an ad” offer, by all means “watch.” You may need to watch to the end to get the next free melt

DaBoid
    @daboid

@mvnla2

I have no objection to spending real money for a game that I enjoy. I gladly bought both the iPhone and PC versions of the various AB games and paid for the Mighty Eagle update. No problem.

Some levels are challenging. Others are easy. That’s part of the gameplay. Experienced players need a challenge, while new players need early success. I get that.

My objection to in-app purchases is when Rovio has a financial incentive to make a level very difficult, just so compulsive “completers” will spend and spend and spend real money to get characters (ie Space Eagles) for game completion. It ceases to be a fun pasttime and becomes an expensive exercise in frustration.

I used all the free Space Eagles I could get, then lost interest in ABSpace with many unfeathered levels left. For a while, you could get a Space Eagle every day, without fail, by merely opening the game, but then they switched to this lottery-type thing that returns a Space Eagle only occasionally. That’s when I abandoned AB Space for good.

I am a programmer and a database administrator. I expect to get paid for my work, and I fully expect to pay other programmers for their work, game programmers included. However, I do not deliberately write bugs and slow-downs into my own programs, then expect to get additional payment to find and fix my own bugs.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

It appears that I do not take angry birds seriously enough to be part of this discussion.

One last rant. As a psychologist, I am tired of Rovio trying to manipulate me when they apparently don’t know how to do it. They definitely did not learn about reinforcement schedules (the most obvious slipupwas in giving us several days when we could watch ads to get characters and then absolute silence — they should be doing that at random intervals). They’re focused on the psychology of immediate gratification and not on long-term customers. Maybe that was a good marketing decision. There’s a whole lot of people getting random entertainment out of the game relative to a very hard-core users. Maybe the hard-core gamer spend enough to make up for that. Good gaming companies hire psychologists to advise them about how their customers respond to changes in their product. That might help rovio avoid mistakes that other companies are making or make this game start to feel like other games and lose the Angry Birds feel.

My best strategy so far was to pay for birds to play traitor, drag them over to the pig side and to P1 – 19. That especially works when you have a very few number of a particular character. That has worked on a lot of different characters for me. I hope that helps someone.

I am not this obsessive, thank God. Good luck snagging coins.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

To whoever crowed here about figuring out how to get three Carbonite melts a day using alarms on their phone . Sorry, the search function here is dismal and I can’t remember who you are.

I didn’t mean to throw cold water on your enthusiasm. Sorry if I did.

DaBoid
    @daboid

@gelfling

“To whoever crowed here about figuring out how to get three Carbonite melts a day using alarms on their phone . Sorry, the search function here is dismal and I can’t remember who you are.”

That was me. I have an analytical mind, and that impressed me as the most efficient way to maximize melts while minimizing my own involvement. The phone dings, I pick up a character (usually one I don’t need, with rare exceptions), I start the next melt and restart the timer. Then I forget about it for another 8 hours and have a life.

No offense meant, none taken. Not to worry.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 478 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.