Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 479 total)
  • Replies
  • E-Star
    @e-star

@gelfling LOL… guess we have the same top of the “less likely to be…” list. Although I don’t always admire those who are good at it, because to me it can sometimes lack a bit umpf and pezzazzz (sorry I can not seem to find the right spelling, so I tried to phonetically put it into writing from (one of) the voice(s) in my head LOL

As for the recording, I am sorry I can not help you there, like my profile said I am an Apple girl at heart (hint hint, you might want to fill out yours? And maybe even visit the Group @mvnla2 started ABN Members Map If you haven’t already)
    So I play and record on the iPad Air (jailbroken) and edit them on my iMac. But I believe recording on Android involves rooting your phone, but I am not sure.

Ow and drop by the for a virtual beer It’s our very own virtual pub for the weary flingers. It’s where we Nesters get to know each other and about anything and everything, so a great place to put your psychology about Rovio and their gamers. I look forward to it!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy @BirdLeader @E-Star — Anyone with more than one device: What happens if you collect coins on more than one device? Can you transfer them to your other device? I use an iPad to play AB, and just about any other game.
    I “updated all” on my iPhone today, which included the Galactic Giveaway in SW II. I did not sign in to my Rovio account for fear that something awful might happen. However, I am getting carbonite melts, and the coins are there. I’m not sure I want to spend the time to collect all the coins, especially as I seem to have only 1 level unlocked on my iPhone.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@mvnla2,
    I suspect it would be something like this.

You collect all coins on Device 1

On device 2, you start ABSW2 – all coins are available, you start collecting them. Then you sign in with your rovio account. You device 2 gets updated with what is saved from device 1. So the coins you collected on device 2 would be overwritten by device 1, along with the scores.

or

You sign into your rovio account on device 2, it syncs up your scores, coins, etc from what was saved from device 1. The new coins would no longer be available.

I’m sure rovio thought about that and would prevent double dipping. If not, I could collect 3 sets of coins. On my phone, on my wife’s phone and on her iPad air. Not sure if ABSW2 and coins are avail for pc but that could add up to 8000 more coins making it about 11,000 total.

E-Star
    @e-star

@mvnla2 I am not 100% sure, but there are 2 files…

• the settings and highscore lua files of the Rovio account (one with lots of numbers and letters behind it)
    • the regular settings of the device itself when one is not logged in with their Rovio account.

When opening up the game the system automatically makes the regular settings and scores… which are 0, because it is new. When logging in on your Rovio account, the system will place the second set of files (the one with the numbers in the name) and will give you back your progress including the disappearance of the already collected coins (The opened up levels and collected coins are held in the settings.lua). Both files will be seen as separate, or so I believe so, because I have been switching between my Rovio account and the “empty” account and each time I do, the amount of coins in my empty account goes back to the neatly collected amount of coins I have gotten so far for the coin giveaway project.

If there is a way to collect the coins in the “new” none rovio settings and transfer them to your Rovio account, I am not sure. I do have some ideas and will test them, but only when I am finished with recording the videos. I don’t want to muck up my coin count just yet ;)

justpast40
    @justpast40

This Android phone flinger needs coin help on P2-9. While I haven’t started on the Rewards as I don’t have all open yet, I’m missing just 1 coin here & can’t get Count Dooku’s sabre to get up & over the “rock” to get the bottom coin on the right. Help pls

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Justpast40 — Somewhere on a previous page there is a strat by @Luvtub to get the last coin on P2-9. That’s what I used. BTW — Luvtub’s strats are excellent, so well worth looking for them if you are having problems. FYI — I gave up on some coins and used a few swaps.

Joey
    @joeyba

@mvnla2 i play ABSWII on iphone 5. I have the game also on iphone 4(don’t play on it). i just use it to collect the melting each 8 hours. I can collect it on both devices but they are separate ( I don’t have the same number of characters on both devices). THe fun thing is you can collect a character on whatever device and play it and it will appear on both.

As for coins, as soon as you enter the application, those coins will be get an update also so they’ll reach the same amount on the last device played (of course being signed to Rovio account)

justpast40
    @justpast40

Thanks @mvnla2, I saw that comment & fact it helped you & I think 1 other flinger. One thing I noticed was the 3 comments I saw were all showing as using iPads & I’m on an Android phone. I’m hoping an Android phone Nester will see this & help. I’m blaming it on the Android phone you see, instead of my inability to properly launch & release the provided character.

I too gave up on some & used telepod swaps (I personally find the idea of Telepods’ technology fascinating as I pre-date personal computers ; -).

I’m about to start the Rewards, I have about 1/2 open, but other then P2-9, I had 698 of the 699, so, so far I’m happy.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Forgot to mention that I got 5 Hologram Darth Sidious from melt today! I’m not sure that’s enough to unlock rewards chapter, unless you don’t make any mistakes.

@joeyba
    — Are you saying that the characters transfer from one device to the other? I mean, suppose you have 1 Darth Sidious on your main device, and you get 1 on you second device by melting. Do you now have 2 on both devices if you sinc with Rovio?

@Justpast40
    — Sorry that didn’t help.
    I haven’t used telepods, since they cost real $, but have used some swaps of characters I got for free.

Joey
    @joeyba

@mvnla2 NO the characters don’t transfer. You can get characters on both devices but they’ll be separate on each one. they don’t add. However you can play on the first device and then play on the second and you can open a reward level. This is what I did with Jabba (played on first device and when I got a Jabba melting on the second device I played it to open the reward level).

Do you know which level is best to play Hologram Darth Sidious? I have 17% and still waiting to get melting but I want to be ready when I get it.

muffincake
    @muffincake

@justpast40 @joeyba: I had missed those two in P1-14! I went through every level twice, but still didn’t see them. Now the numbers add up. These are definitely the easiest one to miss, since I found all the others without even trying much.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@mvnla2, no apology needed, we’re all just trying to get thru this

@joeyba
    , you’re onto something here with the use of different Carbonite melts on different devices to slowly work thru the various reward levels. I’ve only just purchased ABSW II on my iPad, so I may never have all I need, but I’ll have to look more closely into this.

I still don’t understand how some people have opened all Rewards with only the free characters provided. I have yet to find “directions” on which swaps to use in which levels to maximize the points earned so that we can open all of the Rewards by using only the free swaps we’ve been given,

Joey
    @joeyba

@justpast40 if u bought the app once you can install it for free on other devices with the same App Store account. So if you have more than one Apple device, you will have the chance to gain more rewards..

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 — Are you certain that the 5 hologram sidious came from a melt, not the deal offered for 5 hologram sidious + 10 shadowtroopers?

Today I got a measly 2 stormtroopers from the melt. Agh.

But more importantly I have wondered for a while whether or not Rovio offers us each the same deals and melt rewards.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@E-star Bonding! Camaraderie! Swapping old stories about pigs porked and birds cooked! I would love a virtual beer, so long as there is white wine. I will figure out how to do these things and see you there.

The operating systems have been chosen for me. Unfortunately I started my erstwhile career as an engineer working for the nefarious company that built Windows and so have a very large investment of time spent in pirating that brand.

Although I would love an iPad, I am stuck on an Android phone for now. The biggest fun for me in playing Angry Birds is spending no money on it, so pod-whatevers and buying coins are out. Between spending no money and playing AB on smartphone screen sometimes it is like both hands tied behind my back. {Sigh}

I too am a Gelfling with wings.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@justpast40.

I am happy to help if I can. I only do Angry Birds on a Galaxy S3 and never spend any actual money, only virtual coins.

The problem I have in helping you with that level is that, since I passed it, I can’t see where the coins used to be.

I gave up on being a total purist getting coins on an Android smartphone. I genuinely believe that Rovio put some coins in places so difficult that it was only possible to claim them on a smartphone if you were a SWII god. It wasn’t fun when they did that, so I gave up and just starting sweeping coins up to open Reward Chapters.

So I ended up buying a permanent biker scout to clean out pork coins. In retrospect I think that it was a lukewarm good choice. Since I don’t spend $$ I have to spend coins with exquisite care, but that 1000 coins enabled me to get a lot of coins and open levels. If I remember, probably incorrectly, it was the biker scout that enabled me to sweep up all coins in this level.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@justpast40 @joeyba –Use PR -11 with hologram Darth Sidious to open his level. Follow @wrw01‘s strat. Took me 7 Darths, but someone else could probably do it in less. A good shot can easily get quite a bit more than 100K.
    I posted that on

Complete Angry Birds Star Wars 2 Characters Guide – All Characters & Powers

which has a lot of suggestions of which levels to use to unlock which characters. However, start at the end and read backward. There are a lot of suggestions at the beginning that are out-of-date, and will cause you to waste a lot of characters.
    There are also suggestions about how to unlock a rewards level on some of the walkthrough pages for that level. @E-Star has also posted some videos.
    As for how to get enough coins / characters: I posted an explanation on the previous page, but there are a couple of additional points, which probably won’t help you:
    Shortly after the Galactic Giveaway came out, you were able to watch ads to get a “melt now” when the melt started. This gave you two extra melts for each melt cycle. For a while, you could also watch an ad to melt a few (maybe 10 or 20) min before melt finished. I never figured out how far in advance, because the ads stopped. If you started recently, and are getting the “watch an ad” offer, by all means “watch.” You may need to watch to the end to get the next free melt

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Gelfling so smart! Gelfing so clever! Gelfing gets up, warbles a song, and shakes bird booty!

Last night Gelfing dragged 5 bird traitors over to P1-19 and opened up those 5 birds levels. Two shooters, but three laser birds (pardon my total ignorance of ABN terminology). Doing it with the laser characters was a bastard, but I was still able to get the 100K or 200K or whatever with the characters I had saved up (<=10) by using the traitor bird first. (If you win, why do the points for unused characters go to the first character used?). Opened up two porkish levels too, but they didn’t feel as satisfying.

Gelfling SO proud of self. For Gelfling, this is a great reason to rationalize opening up the pork realm to errant birds!

OK. This is where someone sticks a pin in my temporary narcissistic bubble. {Sigh} Now is where someone tells me that you have all know all about this strategy forever and have been using it a bazillion years. If you can tell me now where I could have found that strategy without having to figure it out on my own, there are doubtless some other hints in said location that would help me avoid developing tendinitis using a smartphone and maybe actually complete the rewards level without spending $$.

[Whispering softly now: Gelfling so good! Gelfling so proud! Gelfling is best Gelfling at AGN!] OK I guess that I needed to get a little more out of my system.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Yes the Hologram Darth Sidious came from the melt; first time I’ve gotten any. I did buy 2 of the sale pack a week or so ago, which is how I opened the HDS reward level.
    Not sure about the deals in the shop, but the melts are definitely different. Have no idea what determines what you get.
    As for the BP (Bloated Pig); you can use @E-Star’s link or find it under “Community” at the top of the page. The BP does have an excellent wine cellar.
    Just learned that a gelfling is a creature. I thought it was your name!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2

Thanks for your help again and letting me know about the melts. Damn damn damn. I really do not want to buy the sale pack because I’m trying to figure out if I can finish this without spending $$ and within my lifetime (waiting for melts). opening up 7 levels and harvesting those coins isn’t going to be enough, I think. I hold onto all coins until absolutely necessary

Maybe if Rovio knows that you already have hologram DVs from the sale it is safe to give you more in the melt?

I will look into the BP, say hi, then goodbye because I need to do laundry. Earthly constraints. But then I’ll know how to get there.

No, no Gelfling here. That is why it is OK to say “Gelfling so great!” I thought my cool site name was going to be Not Dead Yet (quadruple entendre). When the site asked me for yet another name, having no experience with @naming I picked @Gelfling in about 2 seconds of free association because it was a humble adventurer from one of my favorite films. My dog is named Samwise, “to hell and back!” a similar idea.

Now can we extend this game by sharpshooter practice on bottles in the wine cellar? I have dibs on Hans Solo

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Interesting, perhaps the site registration message is confusing;haven’t looked at it for years. It is actually better if you use the same username and nickname. That way people don’t have to remember 2 names for you, and don’t get confused about which one to use in @meantion.

@BirdLeader
    ?
    Sharpshooter practice on the bottles in the wine cellar? Surely you jest! Ripsy won’t let you near the cellar if that’s what you have in mind!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – ««smiling»» but who is Ripsy?

when I set up an account there were three questions asked.  the first two questions asked me to choose identifiers. and I answered both with “not dead yet” and I assumed that was my username. Then I was asked for third identifier. I thought it wasn’t as important as the first two because it was last in sequence. If it was going to be the one everyone would call me by then I think I should’ve gone first. How would I go about simplifying to only one? If I chose @NotDeadYet would I lose the connection to @gelfling posts?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Ripsy is @Rdnzlrips82, one of the founders of the Bloated Pig, and the sommelier of the BP wine cellar; he also chooses the stock liquor, which is top notch. His choices are excellent.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – I tried to get to the bloated pig on my laptop, but ABN kept complaining about flash. I disable flash and JavaScript periodically when they deserve it. But reinstalling and updating flash yesterday didn’t help. So no bloated pig for me.

««I know I’m off-topic almost all the time folks.»» I came here on topic, needing help to get 2 coins which were driving me crazy, posted about it, read my own post, and figured it out from what I said. So a very helpful thread! Is there a thread that talks about general strategy for SW2? That is probably the place for me.

It is beautiful here in Washington, genuine sunlight and vitamin D.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — I can’t understand why you can’t get to the Bloated Pig, but I think it might have happened before. You should post details about your laptop (model, operating system, and web browser) on the Bugs in the Nest Forum under the topic of All Things Nest, and just for good luck mention @AMSlimfordy and @BirdLeader, If it’s a serious problem with your account, BL might have to fix it.
    Can you get there using this link?
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/1045/the-bloated-pig-a-place-for-weary-flingers/p1
    I’m not sure why you would need flash, but maybe it is some of the embedded video. You might also want to try emptying your browsers cache (under Safari, if that’s what you’re using) and restarting your device.
    Not sure about a post on general strategy for SW II, but there are lots of suggestions on the walkthrough pages. You could look through the general discussion forum; not sure if there is anything there.
    Off topic, but are you in Washington state, or Washington, D.C.? Would love to include you on the Members’ Map in groups.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.