Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 479 total)
  • Replies
  • Gelfling
    @gelfling

Good, and thank you for that. After trying different things, my screenshots are panned all the way back so that they can be edited any which way, and I decided to take out any overlays, text etc. But it sounds like you’ve done a thorough job, so I won’trepeat it, just find out where to access yours.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@gelfling, @sparty83 I haven’t yet had a chance to post all the images Sparty worked so hard to create. I will try and upload them all this week.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@birdleader and @sparty83 – thanks, I look forward to seeing them. Having spent 15+ screenshots trying to catch a good picture of spinning coins – I appreciate the hard work.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@luvtub – I want to thank you for your strategy to get the last coins in P2-9. Excellent!! Now I want to figure out what in you used in this strategy that I may not be in mine. And figure out how to better search this site – I kept finding people referring to your strategy but had a dickens of a time finding it. At any rate, great job.

luvtub
    @luvtub

@gelfling – Thank you for your kind words. You are absolutely welcome; glad the strategy helped!

birdy
    @catonpremise

for B4-7 you don’t need any swaps. Just aim your bird high and shoot to take all out all of the chains and set off the tnt. You don’t want to have any debris like rocks wood on top of the upper far right platform. You may need your second shot for clearing the chains on the far right. Using the small tower just to the right of the slingshot aim a little high of it and shoot your bird. It should barely clear the far right platform and when you are clear shoot to the left at the coins. This will take a few trys but I was able to get all of the coins and a 3 star high score of 156460.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@luvtub – True words. I am going back through as SW2 from the beginning, and got stuck at P2-9 unable to remember how I got it right the first time. Wading through the site, I found people complimenting your strategies and tracked down this one. This succeeded on the first try. I’ll be on the lookout for more. :))

birdy
    @catonpremise

B4-S1 get all coin without swaps.

I hope this isn’t too late for some of you but for those holding off swapping to get the last 3 coins this worked for me. 1st. launch your bird towards the purple blocks below the 1st. platform and explode him before he hits it. Luckily a piece of him will lodge between the blocks and expand. If you are lucky the planets will align and you will get the coins on the right side and the bottom. This will probably take many times. It did me. To get the last remaining coin on the left side, you launch a bird straight up and to the left a hair and when it just passes the point on the left of the square the sling is sitting on explode him. There is a tiny piece of him that you will see flinging to the right after you explode him. This is what will get you the last coin. This took me much trial and error, but I really don’t want to swap if I can help it.
    Good Luck. I hope I am posting these correctly and in the right spots. Just joined yesterday.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@catonpremise – welcome! You posted this in exactly the right spot.

If you hear resounding silence after making a post some times that is because other people have moved on to a different part in the game or to a different game altogether. In this case it is because most people have finished ABSW2 level 4 and are waiting for level 5. Once that happens you will see a flurry of interest here in this forum, and eventually dead silence again.

One of the problems people have in following or admiring a coin walk through is if they have finished snagging the coins on that level but it’s been a while, there is no picture of where the coins were initially, and they do not remember what they did. That is one reason why @sparty83 and I are trying to get pictures of the coins on each level posted here. @birdleader will be posting sparty’s screenshots and then we’ll be able to see what you’re talking about.

Do you have a link to a screenshot that you took of that level with the coins in place? ( I certainly did not think ahead to do that.) Otherwise I will wait for all of the screenshots to be posted and then come back to this post to see what you mean.

Again, welcome. It seems that you will make appreciated contributions here. If you like it here, it is about time to pick an avatar. If you are into that kind of thing, there is an avatar contest running currently. Also, you probably do not want to post in bold. Also some members like to frequent the bloated pig for off topic socializing. I look forward to seeing what you choose for an avatar and to your contributions here.

birdy
    @catonpremise

@gelfling

Thank You, gelfling! I realize I am a little late in the game. I unfortunately did not take a screen shot, It will be great when you, @sparty83 and @birdleader post the initial starting screens!

Thanks again, and I will be thinking of an avatar soon!

birdy
    @catonpremise

B4-14 Without Swaps

I know this too late for most of you to try but after some time I was able to clear all of the coins without a swap. I ended up with 2 coins under the launch platform that were seemingly impossible to get to without a swap. The idea is to use the blowers on the bottom right to aim at just the right direction. I started by flinging the bird (can’t remember his name) slightly high, to the right and knocking out the 2 pigs and some wood. It helps to clean up the top of the platform for the second or third shot. If you are lucky one of the birds will blow up into the chain holding the pig dangling in the upper middle area and he or your bird will fall below and sever the chain between the launch platform and the middle platform. If not launch your next bird directly at the chain where it meets the launch platform. This will cause the middle platform to rock and eventually fall. Now, immediately load up another bird and wait till the lower blower is at it’s lowest swing and launch another bird into it and triggering it. You only have one shot at this stage so you gotta be quick. If the blower is level enough it will cast your bird into the coins.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@catonpremise – Ha ha! Just figured out what your name means. ;) I was able to create a screenshot of B4-14 showing the coins relatively clearly (I was amazed how long it took).
    Screenshot of SW2 level B4-14 with 5 coins

I haven’t actually figured out yet what you did. It is better first for me to try it myself and see what I would’ve done instead. But I can vouch for the fact that this level without a character swap is wicked difficult to get the coins.

birdy
    @catonpremise

@gefling, thanks for the screen shot! I forgot about those coins to under the far right platform but I think they were easy to get. The key to my method is to get the lower blower on the right level so that when you shoot your bird into it, it will blow straight across to the left and hit the two coins under the left platform.

I think the blowers are key on these levels. I just look around to see what chains to cut to manipulate the blowers to wreck havoc!

AuntMaggy
    @angryolebird

I only want to say that Tusken Raider will get the hard to reach ones. I need about 3 more of his characters. I melt the Carbonite every 8 hours and never get Tusken Raider. Bummer!

thatguy181
    @thatguy181

I’m 99.9999% sure I’ve got all the coins (Tusken Raider is totally my hero) but I wish Rovio would display a counter or something on the level to confirm that I’ve obtained all the coins. There have been times I stayed on a level for a while shooting at something that looked like it may be sparkling only to realize after a few shots that it was background garbage or something.

And the most recent Bird side levels, Rise of the Clones… holy crap the highly annoying cloud of doom… So much time wasted to allow the cloud to move completely to allow me to see what, if anything, is down there.

birdy
    @catonpremise

@angryolebird– I will check if I have any Tusken Raiders and give it a try if my strategy does’t pan out. Thanks!

birdy
    @catonpremise

@thatguy181- I need to check next time I play if I have a Tusken Raider. Yea, you are right about the clouds and garbage.

birdy
    @catonpremise

B4-17 Get all coins without swaps.

After spending several days trying various strategies to get the last coin in the tunnel I found one that works like a charm without a swap. The key to this strategy is to drop the last blower on the right into the hole in the middle of the platform and having it blowing in the right direction. Here’s how to do it.

Launch your first bird, Mace Windu, up to just the left of the first blower. Throw your saber cutting the chain of the leftmost blower and also the chain of the trap door holding the three balls in the upper right. The TNT and the three balls should clear out most of the wood structure below and open up the hole in the middle of the platform. For the next shot sling Capt. Panaka up and sever the chain holding the right most blower. The blower will clean up some more wood and most of the time will land into the hole in the platform. But of course it won’t be pointing in the right way. I kept at it till I landed with it blowing towards the last coin that seemed impossible to get without a swap. After I had positioned it correctly I had a small gap where I could toss a bird into. I launched my last panaka in a high arc into the gap and he was blown towards the last coin. I think he can bounce once and still fire so I let him blow towards the coin and then just fired a bullet ricocheted into the coin, Yippee!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla – is there a final list of coins in B4 or P4? The last list I found in this forum seems to have been revised. Or maybe there is a place where coin totals for different Star Wars two levels are posted?

@sparty83
    – I have looked for your screenshots but have not found them. Where are or will they be posted? I have been looking forward to that.

Thanks! And happy Fourth of July

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@catonpremise – I missed your message because @Gelfling was misspelled. I do that too often myself with @mvnla2, always forget the 2.

I totally agree with you about the blower motors. I haven’t gone through carefully yet, I am still running through P4 and B4 quickly to get all the coins and do screenshots. But when I retrace my steps to get three stars and score more highly, the blower motors are key.

Apparently I love Jar Jar but other people hate him. I think that is because I have the knack of using that character and appreciate what he can do, especially when reaching the furthest coins. Probably the same thing is true for you and blower motors. On the other hand, I cannot stand Yoda, so probably I have not figured out the knack of that character. He always seems so unpredictable. But I have watched videos of @e-star walkthroughs and she’s great at using Yoda, they’re useful and fun to watch.

birdy
    @catonpremise

@gelfling- yea, my spelling checker is always giving me grief. Sorry about that. The blowers are definitely the key in the levels. I agree with you about jar jar. It takes a little practice but it is a good one once you figure it out. Yoda seems like more of a luck thing to me. You only have so much control, then it’s on it’s own.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

How can you know exactly how many coins are on a particular level of Angry Birds Star Wars 2 and where they are situated, so you can shoot effectively? The difficulty of doing this became much greater in P4, the pig half of the latest release of Angry Birds Star Wars II, Return of the Clones. The software developers appear to have decided to increase the level of difficulty by making the coins sometimes almost impossible to see. Here is one example, P4-14. You can’t see any coins at all, although there are in fact three coins there.

AB SW2. P4-14

With a good screenshot and a picture editor, you can identify the area where the coins are located, shine a “spotlight” on that area, get an exact count of the coins, and get a precise idea of the geography of that area, even when the area is very murky, to best choose a character and angle of attack.You can get picture editors for iPads and Android for free which are quite good enough for this purpose. Once you know how to take a screenshot and learn how to increase gamma in your editor this process takes only a few minutes.

People have been shooting rockets in abundance everywhere on this level, blindly, knowing from prior releases that there should be coins and hoping to find them. Instead, if you bring a screenshot into a picture editor and create a “spotlight” (explained below),  then you can move that spotlight around the screenshot until you find something interesting, like this.

This requires very little technical skill and should be easy for any one here at ABN who has reached this level. Here are some examples of what you can do. You can identify where the coins are even if you cannot get a precise account (e.g. above, in P-14), but you can usually get an exact count (e.g. P4-15). Once you have a detailed picture of the area, you can then gauge your flinging based on precise geography rather than a vague guess, (which is important in P4-16).

You need to figure out how to create screenshots in your particular hardware scenario. For mine, Android 4.4 on a Galaxy S3, I sweep my hand across the screen and pop there is the screenshot in a particular directory. Then you need to bring that screenshot into a decent picture/photo editor, one that allows you to use the “gamma” effect. I will leave it to someone else to describe exactly what the gamma function is, I know enough only to be able to use it. It falls under the “effects” menu in Photo Editor, the (free) image editor I prefer in Android. PicsArt claims to have it in their Android version but their documentation is abysmal so I cannot find it. It is in Photoshop, if you have access to it, but you only need a simple editor.

Here is a screenshot which clearly illustrates the “spotlight effect,” increasing gamma in one part of the screen. You can increase gamma for the entire screenshot, which lights up the entire scene, like lightning. I prefer to use it in a focused way, spotlighting only one area, in this case increasing gamma in a oval area.

ABN will be posting screenshots for Star Wars 2. But my hope is to explain this clearly enough that you can do it on our own.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@catonpremise – If you watch @e-star walkthroughs with Yoda, they really are elegant (unlike my repeated slamming and hoping). What I am wondering is that, although Yoda seems pretty random, if you learn how to carefully repeat how you fling him, you can get him to reliably repeat the same weirdness. Reliable weirdness is not chance and can be useful. Happy 4th.

birdy
    @catonpremise

@gelfling in the previous levels I think I found most of the coins, just waiting for the clouds to part so you could see behind them. I just started the p4 level this afternoon and can see what you are talking about. They are very dark levels and I had my screen (iPad) turned up full blast.

I want to thank you for taking the time explaining the screen capture/photo editor method for helping to find hidden coins. I have several photo editors on my tablet and I am sure one or more should have the gamma adjustment. I will have to take a look.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@catonpremise – You are welcome – my hope is to share something useful. It should work fine for you if you have access to those tools. I timed myself today and it took less than a minute to make a screenshot, pull it into an editor and then crank up the gamma and see everything. I was literally getting headaches before doing it this way. I have been only in P4, so I will get to find out what you mean about waiting for the clouds to part in B4 is about. Cheers!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.