Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 479 total)
  • Replies
  • DaBoid
    @daboid

“As a psychologist, I am tired of Rovio trying to manipulate me when they apparently don’t know how to do it. ”

As an DBA/ programmer / analyst, I am tired of being told there are 1000 coins when, clearly, there are many fewer. If anyone working for me made a goof like that, they’s have some ‘splaining to do.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Gelfling — Not sure I want AB to lose the AB feel and be like other games, unless you’re just talking about their additude towards PUs and IAPs. I started playing AB before even the ME, and I still like it better than other games. I take playing without spending extra real money as an additional challenge. I keep thinking I will go back to AB Space and AB SW to use the free SE / Millenium Falcons I have collected over the years(?), but haven’t yet. Somehow looking at walkthroughs first so I don’t waste any eagles just isn’t the same game.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

The first Galactic Giveaway walkthrough post is up here:

Angry Birds Star Wars II Galactic Giveaway | All Naboo Invasion Coin Walkthroughs

Thanks to all who helped! More to come.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Thanks @e-star ( and any other contributors), these walkthroughs are wonderful! Having completed almost all of these, I remember them taking a lot more effort. The walkthroughs are so efficient, even elegant.

Great job!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@daboid — Good, I’m glad I was able to apologize to the right person. I wrote that in my anti-anal stage.

“P1-19 is good for grabbing large numbers of points, but it’s finicky. P2-4 is more reliable.”

Wow. P2 – 4 is like shooting angry ducks in a barrel. Especially since the nudge can come from any type of character. Great strategy, thanks. I started to go back through the levels, looking at my high scores and trying to find the easiest slam dunks. I stopped after P1. Should’ve kept on looking! I do like the finesse in P1 – 19, but I don’t have any excess characters to burn at the moment. Thanks!

My first career was as an industrial engineer, an efficiency expert, so I understand the response. But my analytical mind bores me. Intuition is faster and more fun for me.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling @deboid — I just updated list of how best to unlock rewards levels and created a new forum under the General Topics subject.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Latest twitter exchange with Peter Vesterbacka
    ‏@MVNLA Apr 30
    @pvesterbacka Rovio support still refuses to count coins in Galactic Giveaway. Can you please find out how many currently available? Thanks

‏@pvesterbacka Apr 30

@MVNLA
    sorry about that. Will find out.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@daboid – Kick butt!

I tried this out with the random character
    5 General grievous with
    0 points for him,
    and got the requisite
    300,00 points needed to open his level using only
    4 pigs

I don’t see why I can’t do it with all of the remaining characters. this may compensate for the fact that Rovio is trying to make it impossible to open up levels without paying money.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — See my new forum; there might be better levels. But I will look at the ones you suggested.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@daboid and @mvnla2 — In the last hour I unlocked six pig levels using the P2-4 (5 levels) and P1-19 (1 level) strategies. The P2-4 nudge does not work for holographic characters (?). But P1-19 works just fine for the shadow trooper. @mvnla2– I respect and am interested in the collective wisdom, if I need to be, but these two strategies seem to be working for most, if not all characters. Even Jabba can do a nudge. The only thing holding me up from finishing altogether is the fact that I have none of certain characters.

SW2 is fun again, new levels and points to play with. Thanks @daboid!

DaBoid
    @daboid

@gelfling

Holographic characters work in P2-4 if you activate their power just before they pass the flying saucer. No guarantees, but that worked for me.

Glad to hear you busted some characters!

E-Star
    @e-star

@gelfling thank you so much for the compliment, I just hope they will be of help (or entertainment) to many nesters and flingers. I particularly am proud of the almost “dance” like shot of Yoda in B1-10 :)

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@e-star — wow. What you can do with Yoda I cannot possibly do with Yoda. He has been my least favorite character since the day he showed up, because he is the most random. Yours was like watching Wimbleton, the tennis ball going back-and-forth. Wow. You’re really good at this. My compliment just got bigger.

@daboid
    – I was discovering what you talked about off-line. the phrasing that I was using in my notes (when looking at different characters to see whether or not they could use P2-4 -to open a level) was “do you have to touch a character twice to activate its powers.” If you do, then you can clean up there. My problem with greiveous there is that I only have five of him, and you get about 80,000 points. I don’t have enough points to buy ten of him, or I would go ahead and do what you suggest. I am down to only five closed levels, wow. The coins have been too easy ( Famous last words ).

Joey
    @joeyba

i finally got a Tusken and ready to get that coin in PR-5. any tips anyone to make the best use of it?

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@joeybe. — Hi Joey,

Is there a picture of where the coins are in each of reward chapters? My memory is that in PR-5 they were down that pit hole at the start.

So I understand it that you’re willing to use other characters, and think that the Tusken raider will get you the elusive coin? I used whatever character worked, and it was never the Tuscan raider because I didn’t have any of them. The good news about that is If you blow that character there are other things that might work. Is that one supposed to be easier?

Joey
    @joeyba

@gelfling
    yea i read before that Tusken is best to get that coin down in Pr-5
    but I tried 2 and lost them. I have 1 Tusken left and wanna make sure I use it well…
    Unless you have another solution..

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@joeybe. — if the Tuscan raider doesn’t work out, I’m pretty sure I used a combination of the biker scout and the exploding droid.

if you aim the biker straight up, weak, and then down hard into the well, you can get the sled into that well as far as possible and then, after it crashes, the biker’s head keeps bouncing down further in the well. The exploding droid was trickier for me, but basically you’re trying to get pieces of droid crashing down the well. But these strategies were based on the fact that I got a cheap permanent Biker Scout and bought the ability to drag birds over into the pig realm.

Or not! Maybe I don’t remember where the coins were correctly. Good luck with whatever strategy works for you.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@joeyba — I used the Tusken Raider. I think he doesn’t shoot through rock, but I might be mistaken. You could ask @E-Star if she has a video of how to get that coin, even if it’s not posted on ABN yet.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling @daboid — P2-17 gives much higher points than P2-4 or P1-19. Those may work fine for characters that are easy to get and don’t require a lot of points, but you’ll be wanting way over 100K pts for some characters, like Darth Sidious and Hologram Darth Sidious. Even P2-17 doesn’t work that well for HDS; for HDS the best as far as I know is PR-11

Joey
    @joeyba

@e-star, do you happen to have a video/strategy for the coin in PR-5? that would really be of a great help

and for Hologram to unlock his level in P-11?

Gelfling
    @gelfling

There is always one best way to do something. Always. Irrefutably. I am absolutely certain that I read that in one of the angry bird nest guides somewhere. or at least I think so. The oxford English dictionary? Probably. But surely in Wikipedia!

Or not.

My grandmother taught me this: Follow the rules. Except when you don’t.

Joey
    @joeyba

After endless effort since the coins were released to get the lowest coin in PR-5 with failure, today i was trying to use all the characters I have in big quantities. I used the Shocktrooper and the chock was I got the coin from the first try. It appears to be really easy after all… Thx all for the help and thx @e-star for the video , I couldn’t make it with your strategy but thx anyways, I feel I got it when I watched your video even if with another method :)

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@joeyba – Congrats! @E-star videos are very helpful to me too. Sounds like you’re doing a lot of practice in your mind, without spending coins. That is surely a good strategy.

E-Star
    @e-star

@joeyba there are more way to Rome… ermmm the coin and you found another one, which is always great seeing not everyone has the same access to the same characters. But glad the video inspired you :D

sparty83
    @sparty83

With an update possibly landing tomorrow, I will be on the lookout for the remaining coins

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.