ABT update for Christmas 2015

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT update for Christmas 2015

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • Replies
  • Smokescreen
    @smokescreen

Yup… I have Shockwave, and all of his accessories, as well as the accessory for Prime, Bee, and Soundwave, and just collected 100 gems with tokens. Here I figured we would be able to continuously collect gems but I guess we can only collect each thing once.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I noticed that the Beach events today are always one of 3 variations – the variations always pay one of 11, 15, or 24. (assuming you don’t miss any of the targets). So it would appear that there’s actually no randomness to the number of targets from event to event – instead it depends entirely on which map variation you happen to get.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yes there seems to be the same nodes being used in the events. Today’s 1 is again going to be pot luck as if you get the Forest then you will get a lot of Rockets.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Aye, this extreme variability is incredibly annoying.

Today, five events (four Desert, one Forest) totaling 115 points.

Ranging from a low of 5, to a high of 36 in the Desert, and got 41 in the one Forest event.

Edit: just ran a Beach node for 14 points.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I’m on 165 after 9 runs and they been spread about evenly Beach, Desert and Forest. I’ve also had a low score of 4/5 from each section, I got 45 from a Beach run and thats the best I’ve had.I’m 8th with 95% above me on over 200. Grimlock is the 1 for this comp

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is going to be a rough day.

Eight events: 3 x Desert, 2 x Forest, 1 x Beach, 1 x Pig City, 1 x River

62 points. Both the highest (18) and the lowest (4) came from the Desert.

The leader in my cohort is already at 133, lol.

Edit: the leader is now at 165. Good thing I binge-played the last few days, there’s no way I’m catching this one, lol.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

This is the last day of event, right ?

FatBoy
    @aleks10

so the new event-gifts, I played 3 nodes, result 0 + 7 + 0, hard to get :(

sheepybach
    @paul13

OK so it’s not only me then. I just played the 4 Events and I got 5+0+0+0 and placed 14th. I’m sure glad I was able to get shockwave yesterday lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Geez, I’m wondering now if I should even bother today if the scoring is so difficult.

It feels like the 550 tokens is going to be more effort than it’s worth.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@optimuspig
    Why you need 550 mate? Shockwave

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I got Shockwave a couple of days ago, now I’m working on the gems and accessories.

550 is the maximum coins per day if you just go up the 10+20+30+….+100 ladder.

But seeing as how you guys are running into zero point events, it seems like it’s going to take a huge effort to do that much.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Well 10 event completed and total is 15

wrw01
    @wrw01

I too have been provided levels with zero gift boxes with this latest competition. Have not tracked the exact number but it feels like 10-15% are blank. Noticed that sometimes there is one gift box to obtain behind the Astrotrain but it is not always available for each of the zero levels.

It makes one wonder as to why they would include any level with zero rewards for tokens. It is discouraging to play and try to obtain the daily tokens. Motivation is lessened with the lack of gift boxes for fling’n today.

@gradientturtle7

Tomlad
    @talmud

Yeah I agree!! The latest challenge has also given me levels with zero gift boxes/presents. I sure am lucky to have gotten Shockwave yesterday as well as also getting the cheaper accessory for Shockwave. Hoping that i can get a level in the grassy node as that has provided me with most presents.

I also am wondering as to why they would put in levels with no rewards??

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@wrw01 @talmud

“I also am wondering as to why they would put in levels with no rewards??”

One of two possibilities:

1. it’s a bug

2. they want to encourage us to spend gems on recharges so that we can run more events.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

Started a new thread on this ZERO giftbox phenomenon. But yes, I am seeing it too. Out of 8 holiday nodes, I had 5 with no presents.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Ugh, the leader in my group is already up to 40.

So either he got super lucky and all of his events are yielding decent numbers of gift boxes, or else (more likely) he’s already spent 30+ gems on recharges.

wrw01
    @wrw01

Just ran 5 events and two of them yielded zero gift boxes = river event and ocean event. The others three yielded 4, 5, and 17, respectively. I think I am done for the day. Will not waste the gems getting to 280. ?

Looks like they programmed a “Scrooge” bug for us on this Christmas Eve, no presents, ha, ha.

Hope Christmas Day will be better.

@gradientturtle7

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

17’s not bad. That’s more than I got for all of my first four events.

wrw01
    @wrw01

The 17 was in one of the Desert events. Another Desert event provided 4.

In a Grassy event earlier in the competition there was a stack of gift boxes towards the end that I have not encountered yet. I think it yielded around 25 boxes. Will wait the required 55 minutes to play any additional levels.

Does anyone think they will add anything else to purchase with the tokens? I have a few to spend and the only thing remaining that are worthwhile are gems.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’d just snag the gems. The items have not changed at all from Day 1, except that they added Shockwave accessories once you unlock Shockwave.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@wrw01 @optimuspig

Thank you both and everyone else for reporting the missing objectives in today’s challenge event. I can assure you that this was absolutely not intentional. I have located the cause of the issue, but I’m afraid I’m not in a position to address it as the necessary members of the development team aren’t available to push a game update out.

The bug causing this issue has basically resulted in the level choices for today’s and tomorrow’s events being swapped, meaning that unfortunately the issue will persist throughout tomorrow. The final day’s challenge on the 26th will be unaffected.

I’m very sorry for the impact this issue has had on your experience, and I can only assure you that we will critically examine the issues faced in this event with a view to improving our processes in the new year. Thanks again for your continued support.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7
    Thank you for the explanation and feedback. Glad it was a bug. Look forward to the final day for some competitive and productive flinging.

Hope you have a nice holiday. In the big picture of life and the holiday season fixing this should be at the bottom of the list. Spending time with family and friends during this time is paramount.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I had a feeling that was going to be the problem because I had noticed that there are a lot of Candy Canes in every level.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT update for Christmas 2015

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.