About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,726 through 2,750 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

@anpa No, there isn’t anything special for being in a Diamond League…just the same 300 gems & 300 pearls. And there are multiple different Diamond Leagues (they only put 15 players to a league), so it depends on which one you land in that week whether or not you might consider it “worth it.” Some of these players play all day, every day and the top player may have 10,000 stars by the end of the week. Other times you get in a ghost league where no one is playing much. The arena prizes have never made much sense to me. You can get the same thing playing just 3 days of KPP and don’t have to spend the time and spells. The only reason really worth playing for me is for feathers to level up my birds. I wish they would give a better reward and also make it more balanced…put the players who rack up the huge scores in a league TOGETHER. Hope my two cents helps! I’m “Babe Screamer” in my league if you want to look for me.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Michele, there was a time when the arena awards really counted. 100 gems for 1st place. But now Rovio throws so much “stuff” at us from other parts of the game it really isn’t worth winning the arena if the group is a high scoring one. Winning now is more for bragging rights than a way to advance in the game. Being in apathy groups makes it easy to win and still have time to poke around in other parts of the game.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Main goal (for me anyway) these days for the Arena is to get those major feather load at the end of the streaks along with the random chests that give the more expensive hats (work hats) or 750 feather. I am fine if I end up in top 3, no big deal if I don’t or get demoted.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@michele-mitchell

For me, the BEST strategy has always been before you upgrade your slingshot, you should completely level up your birds first. That is get them to the latest tier card status available, in this case epic gold, or epic azure for tomorrow’s update. In other words rack enough feathers till your spell cards are at level 32 (epic gold) or epic azure (level 33). Epic azure will require 45,000 feathers to upgrade. That way you’ll stash enough gems/pearls to buy the more expensive legendary hats which increases your bird level by 10, thus increasing your flock power. Upgrading your sling shot BEFORE you level up will always put you at a disadvantage because since your opponents base bird levels are higher than yours if you’re not fully levelled up.

Elder amethyst sling is by far the most common slingshot currently, because not everyone has banked enough black pearls to purchase the legendary hats which is 25,000 black pearls each. There’s 4 sets…so you’re looking at 700,000 pearls to fully upgrade. I can imagine with the chests giving out lots of BP (DC and KPP can give you 500 black pearls if you’re maxed out), Rovio will release new hat sets will so it won’t be long till we see hats sets that costs 50k or even 100k pearls

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

45,000 feathers to upgrade? Ugh! It is getting harder and harder to stay ahead of the curve. That is going to hit Red really hard in my flock. Monday will be a busy day for him to get ahead again before the next card level comes out.

Do you know if there will be more trail levels added tomorrow, Jon? I was going to get back to the beginning levels and work on the first five, but if there will be more levels coming out I am going to wait before all that scrolling.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@captsternn

Yup, I’m following the epic tier formula well. 30k for epic bronze, 35k for epic silver, then 40K for epic gold. We’ll see 45k for epic azure (if there’s an update), 50k for epic emerald, 55k for epic amethyst and 65k for epic diamond. Who knows what the next tier card after epic diamond will be called and how much that will cost (80k maybe?):(

I know the feeling. I’ve been low key on the arena recently so most of my birds except for Bomb will be in deficit if the update happens tomorrow, so I’ll have to crack open up a few legendary chests to upgrade Silver (27k) , and Matilda (32k). I have just enough to upgrade Red, Chuck, Blues (all at 45k) and Terrence (54k), so my flock is even worse shape.

Knowing what Rovio does to this game, I think we’ll see 20 more levels to the Boarneo chapter ( all of which are recycled levels with 3 unique boss screens). The next update will continue with Got Ham City (Pig City level) and then Twin Beaks (which I can predict a regular cobalt plateau level since we haven’t seen any since Hamburg 661-700)

Kt
    @ktcain

I’m expecting new Trail Levels tomorrow along with the new Card.

Kt
    @ktcain

I’m expecting new Trail Levels with the new Cards tomorrow.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@captsternn

Oh I’ve been following the epic card formula well.

45k for epic azure
    50k for epic emerald
    55k for epic amethyst
    60k for epic diamond

Who knows what the next tier card after epic will be called and how much it will cost (maybe 10k intervals). Knowing what Rovio does with the updates, like @ktcain said we’ll definitely see 20 more levels from Boarneo (recycled levels with 3 unique boss panels), which will cover 1081-1100

Oh I hear you, the curve is insane. I’ve been low-key in the tournament so I’ll have to crack open a few legendary chests to upgrade everyone. Every bird except Bomb will be a major deficit after tomorrow.

After that update, they’ll make Got Ham City (pig city circus) and Twin Beaks (cobalt plateau, since they haven’t been around since Hamburg 661-700)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well, suppose another day before I get back to those early levels. Going to have to work on my feather count over the next couple of weeks.

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

Jon S, I’m confused by your response. So I should have never bought any hats until my birds were at the maximum card level? That doesn’t seem feasible. I haven’t bought the new work hats yet, but I’ve won 3 and I thought having the X1 & x2 hats was just base level play. I have all the pirate hats and I am only one short of the knight set, not because I bought them, I won them, so my slingshot automatically upgraded. I currently have all level 42 or 43 cards and have all pirate hats. So I should not complete the work hat set or the knight hat set until my cards are at the max level?? Sorry if I’m being dense.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@michele-mitchell

Your initial response was a little vague because I wasn’t provided enough information (aka what hats you had). This clears up some of your confusion that I had. Thanks :)

You have to remember that bird levels are calculated using combination of 3 elements: bird hats, level cards (your base level) and the sling shot level. You can see that by clicking any bird. A bird level of 42 doesn’t mean much when I’m more concerned with your base level card (aka the same levels of which your spell cards are as if you never upgraded anything). If you completed the pirate hats sets (x4) and you have an Elder amethyst slingshot (x13) this should put you 17 levels below your maximum. So if I were to calculate, your base level should be at 25-26 (aka your spells cards)..so all your birds must be at pristine gold/ pristine azure? Pristine cards has a lotus flower as a frame. Is that right?

As you know, the game pits you with players in the arena that have similar slingshots and hats. If you’re getting people with higher flock power; that’s because their base level cards are likely higher (because they’re in pristine emerald, amethyst, it’s easy to see that the cards are a different color than yours). That’s normal if you’re in the higher streaks. Nothing you can do there except to play the game a bit more which gives you feathers: the arena (2 and 6 are rare chests which will give you loads of feathers since it’s a rare chest) , the trail levels after completing the hard levels, the daily challenge and king pig panic which gives you a lot of feathers and winning in the tower of fortune (which is not recommended at all since they deplete your gems VERY quickly)

Now if you have the whole pirate or winter hat set, to maximise your flock power, you should ONLY be equipping your birds with those since they have x4 multipler, and NOT equipping yourself with lesser hats. This will lower your powers significantly. In other words, collect the the x1,x2,x3 hats to upgrade your slingshot, but don’t wear them when you’re in the arena. If you still have knight hats and work hats to collect, by all means complete them as there is NO set level card which you need to complete them. Just so you are aware, once you get the elder diamond and master bronze slingshots, the arena matches you with players with the same slingshots.

Now if you are going to attempt to collect the legendary hats x10 (fancy, wizard, steam punk, mythic) you should wait until you’re in the epic tier card status

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@jon3800

Thanks for explaining the card levels in relation to the hats in such a coherent way!

Jon S
    @jon3800

@captsternn

Yup, the update happened. 20 more levels in Boarneo, epic azure now requires 50K feathers.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Indeed, Jon. The 50,000 hit really hurt my stash of feathers, red the hardest. Hopefully we will get two weeks before the next level up comes out or I won’t be able to get enough to upgrade them all at once. Going to knock out the new trail levels tonight then work on some scores.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Wow, so they already skipped the 5.000 feathers steps…

desperados
    @desperados

lol my birds liked their new blue pyjamas,some of them wanting more as red took the biggest hit but that’s ok for another 2 weeks…hmm after 50000 guess i wonder in 4-5 months period we’ll begin to see 100k feathers to upgrade.

x1.jpg

Mike
    @mikelandau

Looks like they made a change to the Arena; I no longer get the free bird to improve my score when I am about to lose an match. Is this true for anyone else?

desperados
    @desperados

I just tried it and lost a battle and free bird video is there Mike,sometimes it happens to me too no video at the end but it’s a rare thing…my record was getting 4 free bird videos after the end screen when i waited 10-15 seconds more and they appeared again but it’s rare too…90% of the time you’ll get 1 free bird…i think you will start get them too after a while.

kedik22
    @kedik22

Hi,

Anyone knows what to expect from rare and legendary chests?
    Are they worth the gems you pay for them?

Kind regards.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@kedik22

Yes I opened some legendary chests so I can bring up my birds to level 62.

Rewards from legendary chests (costs 900 gems):

Gems – either 1000 or 1400
    feathers – 2000,3000 or 7500
    Hats – +10 Legendary hat ( very rare) – includes fancy, steampunk, wizard and mythic
    Black pearls – either 500 (or 1000 if you maxed out all your birds)

Rare chests: basically play the arena as streak 2 and 6 ARE rare chests (costs 80 gems)

– include 1 or 3 spells
    – gems: 200 or 1000
    – black pearls: 40-50
    – hats: +2 and +3 hats
    – feathers: never got any but I’d assume 200-300 at least

PhoenixH
    @phoenixh

That happened to me this week. I closed the game completely and when I reopened it, the videos had returned. Right now I am having trouble getting my video for the free 2nd game after the free entry. Sometimes it will appear after waiting a few minutes, other times it will appear randomly before entering the arena. Maybe glitchy after latest update.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@jon3800: There can also be 500 black pearls in a legendary chest. I think there can be 40, 100 and 500.

Mike
    @mikelandau

Phoenix, try playing a level on the map.

Katydid
    @katydid

Thanks for the card level explanation. I will change my buy as I can method. Guess I was totally wrong. Not the first time lol

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,726 through 2,750 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.