3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 277 total)
  • Replies
  • Jon S
    @jon3800

Hi Louie, Ya I noticed that too :(

Played last night I managed to 3 star 238 and 239 (threshold score is 98,000 on that one)…which leaves me 237 and the frustrating 252 to 3 star. I also noticed that these recent updates I’ve been seeing, they only make 1 poppy level per 20 level update. I was wondering if people don’t like them or they’re hard to make. I would to see more of them in the heat update

louie
    @louieamora

im down to just 252 (still 1 star).. took your suggestion abt the pink bees. i popped the first 2 bubbles so i start with no bees at 255. from there on until you get the special bubble, all the bees are pink. same strat for 2nd round. the score i get is better than before i got your tip. 3 starred it after 20 or so tries. thanks a lot! for 237, im sorry i cant offer much only that its a typical dalia stage thats hard to control but can eventually be 3 starred :)

Jon S
    @jon3800

Hi Louie, that’s awesome to hear my advice worked. Ya, I eventually 3-starred 237, not a fan of the randomness lol

Level 252 – the 3 star threshold seems to be at 137,000 points. No matter how well I played 20+ times…only one time I came close to 2 starring it but no cigar. I eventually 3 starred the level last night, and that was to use 2 fireballs at the last critters. The middle critter I banked it so plenty of bubbles fell off with the pink/orange bees and the last one I aimed straight up and the bees and the remaining bubbles took care of the rest. Hated to use powerups but this level was very frustrating :)

louie
    @louieamora

cool! almost 3-starred myself, twice. 1st one was 130k, the 2nd one… i 3-starred just after the 2nd round (1 bubble got stuck in the middle of 3 bees… instant 2 stars). unfortunately, for the 2nd one, i ran out of bubbles and lost.. o well.. still trying

epicbird
    @filipersr

@jon3800 Have you a hint to get 3 stars on level 238 ?

louie
    @louieamora

hey all. level 252 is 3-starrable using chuck. i got it in less than 20 tries. whew! finally can move on to the next update.

Jon S
    @jon3800

epic bird, all I did was managed to keep the orange bees and hit a fire ball at the very last pig and they took care of the rest. Like Louie said, it should be a lot easier with chuck’s flash bomb. I can likely predict Matilda or Bomb being the next playable character

Louie, that’s great news and congrats. I hated that level. I’ve been playing the hot update with chuck, and the only levels I need to 3 star are 272,273 and the dreaded 275 (Gale does not play ball in this one LOL). Still a bit disappointed in only one beat the clock level.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all my friends playing Stella Pop. I’ve stopped playing, at least for a while, just too many other things to do, plus I stuck on the last timed event. I’ve been sending some lives to all of you, but if I don’t play, it seems like you can only do that every other day.
    Good Luck to all!

Mp127
    @mp127

Hi, do there are some strategies to 3-star levels 121 and 124?

louie
    @louieamora

hey all! anyone got a good tip to 3-star lvl 304? i’ve been at it for 4 days already.. i even used power-ups w/o any luck.. i think the score should be at least 42k…

Jon S
    @jon3800

Hi Louie,

I got nothing on that one for now. Currently I’m stuck 3 starring levels 279,280,304 and 307. Used powerups too and barely met the 3-star threshold. I think they’re set a bit too high. Took me awhile to get 320

louie
    @louieamora

I got stuck at 279 and 280 as well.. no special tactic, just got lucky.. for 307, conserve dahlia’s power up near the end.. the idea is to let the bubbles (formed like triangles) fall instead of popping them.. i remember that you just need to pop the outermost triangle (1 only) before letting loose the power up.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Thanks I got 307.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Am I just terrible at this game?

I only recently started a couple weeks ago, and I can only barely get past some of these levels, even with a video boost. Currently, I’m stuck at level 59, and I’ve wasted two sets of lives on trying to beat it.

I also can’t get three stars on certain levels, especially the “Piggy in the Middle” levels. I just don’t understand how this scoring system works.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@marioandsonic

The scoring system depends on two factors
    1) The color of your bees
    2) Where the bubbles fall into the holes

When you are popping bubbles, the bees change color from green to pink and then finally orange. Orange bees will give you high points and the idea is to let the bees bounce the bubbles till they drop them in the holes. The middle hole is worth 500 pts, the ones next to it are 250 and the outer larger ones are worth 100.

What gets you high points is to clear a top row so a lot of bubbles fall down. Granted it’s a little more difficult now because of the cruddy candy update, where the bees are distracted by the candy, which gives you no points. On rare occasions, you might have bees get stuck to a corner and it racks up points very quickly.

Piggy in the middle levels are the most difficult levels to 3 star. It took me nearly 2 months to finally 3-star level 57. For 59, the object here is to save and use poppy’s powerup and aim at the top of row so it clears all the ones below it which is essentially to get that 3-star.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Hey Louie, got any strategy on 3 starring level 323 and 327? I kinda wish they’d give you points on the candies :( Incredibly frustrating when the bees go after the candies rather than the pops.

Thanks
    Jon

louie
    @louieamora

hey Jon, sorry for the late response.. yea, i agree the candies are a pain.. its not even worth it after the requirement reaches 100k.. anyway, what i can say for 323 is that i tried to memorized the pattern of (or mapped out) the shaded bubbles plus timing the fall with 3 pink bees.. there’s also luck.. for 327, i couldn’t 3-star this using willow (maybe because her power up pops more bubbles unlike red’s). also i pause the game for each major (and minor) bubble fall and look at the bees.. when one of them turns green, i immediately pop a set so the bee turns pink again while there are still bubbles falling at them. lastly, since the bubble fall rate is very minimal, after a major/minor bubble fall (and pausing the game), aside from looking for green bees, i also try to achieve another major/minor bubble fall. i realized that the bee scoring increases for each new bubble. it would seem that for this stage, it is better to keep the bubbles falling.

louie
    @louieamora

the candies can also block or change the direction of your move.. happened to me several times.. hoped that the tips above are helpful… for the newer stages, i had problems with 341, 345, 350, and 355. let me know if you encountered the same difficulty..

hevaustin
    @hevaustin

Hi guys been stalking this thread as a guest for months and found it really helpful so thought I would sign up too :) at the moment really cant 3 star levels 280,301,309,323,327,341,351 and 355 any tips or tricks??? X

Jon S
    @jon3800

Hi Louie, thanks for getting back to me.. Still no luck on 323 and 327. I might just wait till the candy update is up so it will be a bit easier.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Hi Austin

Most of these levels are bit frustrating to 3 star because of the candies which attract the bees instead of bouncing the pops

Most of my 3-star strategies have been using fireballs.

For 280, I saved one fireball near the last pig to clear a hoard of balls and I managed to 3 star it. It was a royal pain to 3-star that one.

For 301 I used poppy’s powerup near the top so a large volume of balls fall over. I usually wait till most of them stop bouncing which helps with the scoring.

For 309 – Can’t offer much strategy other than try to maintain your bees color

For 323,327 – can’t offer you anything because I can’t 3-star any of these levels

For 341,345,351,355 – I had to use one or two fireballs, took awhile to 3-star them..341 was hard given that you have so few bubbles

Jon S
    @jon3800

Hi Louie, I managed to finally 3 star 323, and 327 thanks to Dahlia’s power ups, not too fond with Bomb. Do you have a strategy for 392? Finally 3 starred level 403…threshold is 462,000 pts. The trick for that one is keep letting the balls fall and maintaining your bee color for maximum points. That level was an endurance hehe :)

louie
    @louieamora

hey jon, great that you got 323 and 327! it’s mostly safe to say that after those levels, rovio seem to have downgraded the difficulty. i can now 3-star 20 new levels within 4 days. before it was like 2 weeks tops. yea, 403 can be really stressful.. to save time i resorted to flinging the bubbles before the next set sets up. pausing the game after every turn was very helpful. funny thing, when i first started 403 the time was 180 secs. really easy. when i restarted to go for the 3-star, it went down to 120 secs. that’s when the stress kicked in.. for 392, i think i got it after 20 or so tries. no special tactic, im afraid.. it’s just an annoying level cause it seem easy but the 3-star keeps on being a few points away.. im sure you have 3-starred it by now.

lastly, i noticed that stella pop have been recycling levels. there are minor tweaks, of course, but it’s fairly the same levels..

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

It’s been a while since I encountered an impossible-to-3-star level, and unfortunately I came across one. It’s level 485. My highest score from dozens of tries is 194905 (which is good enough for 2 stars) whereas the 3-star threshold looks to be 280K points.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mighty-red-1

Oh yes, that level…I’m not having great luck at that one either …numerous tries my high score is 189,830 (with powerups) and its also good enough for 2 stars, man not even close to scratching the 3-star. Also having a real hard time 3-starring 476 and 478 even with fire balls (noticed that with this update Rovio is asking $5 more for the popular 325 coins).

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.