3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 277 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@karen68 I achieved a score of over 154K in that level and it only got me 2 stars.

karen68
    @karen68

@mvnla2 I’ve cleared all the levels without using any extras or power-ups. Of course I don’t have 3 stars on every level, & it took a long time to clear them all waiting for my lives to regenerate, since I don’t want to spend any extra $$$ on the game.

@mighty-red-1
    I just got 3 stars again on level 22 with a final score of 139k. I had 129k & 3 stars before all the bonus points for remaining time were added.
    I play on iOS.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/karen68/album/picture/13525/

Jon S
    @jon3800

Mighty Red,

Could you please tell me your strategy for 3-starring level 57. That level is just so frustrating lol

Anyhoo… managed to 3 star levels 61,62,63 WITHOUT powerups. 64 got very close but no cigar

Also IOS Iphone 4 version 7.1.2 latest update

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 @karen68 @grimjow @anyone-else-who’s-been-sending-me-lives — Sorry to abandon you; hope I did manage to send you some lives, but I’ve just deleted the game. Spent way too long trying to pass level 46. I think the closest I got was 9 rows.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’ve been threatening myself with deleting Stella Pop for a long time, but I finally did it. The general reason is that the game is designed to be too difficult for most people to play without spending lots of real money. It also depends too much on random chance. Specifically:
    I can’t pass level 46 without spending a lot of real money on extra time and balls. If there is anything I hate worse than games that rely heavily on chance, it’s those that require lightning fast reflexed honed by years of playing video games. Put them together and it’s my worst nightmare.
    It’s clear that the game is too difficult for even the best gamers to get 3* without spending lots of real $.
    I already spent more $ than I should have, and I’m not spending any more.
    I now have 6 gold coins, and there is nothing you can buy with 6, and no way to get more without spending real money.
    There is no way to pass a level you are stuck on, even with a reasonable number of gold coins, say 5 for example.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@mvnla2 Aw, that’s so sad, but I understand – the game requires too much from you. From fast reflexes to money. What’s more sad is that I’m hearing this from the person who practically lit the green light for my creations of walkthroughs (yeah, you’re actually the reason I started creating walkthroughs).

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 — Your walkthroughs did help me a lot with other levels, but I just can’t get past level 46. If there were some way to skip it, and doubtlessly the following timed levels, I would continue, but I’ve spent way too much time on this level.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I sent Peter Vesterbacka the link to this forum, specifically my post about why I deleted the game, and his reply was:
    Peter Vesterbacka

@MVNLA
    ok. Got it. Emailed your tweet to the person in charge of the Stella Pop game.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mighty-red-1

Ok so I made some progress into the game, I can understand MVNLA2’s frustration with the game (spent a lot of coins IAPs), and the levels that I have left to 3* are

Level 57 – Piggy in the Middle (REALLY stuck on this one with it’s 35,000 threshold points, I believe you 3-starred this one?)
    Level 72 – Beat the Clock – Get really close but no cigar
    Level 73 – Stop Gale
    Level 75 – Pop the Top (really stuck on completing this one)

These were without powerups/time

MicroMax
    @micromax

Well done @mvnla2! I have no need to delete SPOP but I am hopeless on these timeout levels and cannot get past 22 even with the great videos @mighty-red-1 provided. I am also refusing to pay real money for f2p games and right now daily challenges and mirror worlds are so very much more rewarding than grinding a single level on spop.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@mighty-red-1 @karen68, @mvnla2 :

just updated and 3-starred easier : level 11 with 71k.
    Before I had 2 stars with 72k…

How did you 3-starred level 19 ?
    I reached 18.815 but I need 20k…

Is there a logic between the insects which change color and fact of gaining more points ?
    It’s a pity to say to itself that will be needed more luck than technique to finish to 100% this game…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Grimmjow — I deleted game so I don’t even know if I got 3*. @mighty-red-1’s videos were very useful when I was still trying.
    Good Luck.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@Mighty-Red-1 :

Have you 3-starred level 48 ?
    I ask you beacause I have a better score than you, but I have only 2 stars…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@grimmjow Yeah, I have 3 stars in level 48. Only levels 52, 57 & 58 are not 3-starred yet.

DaBoid
    @daboid

The world’s cutest characters and graphics can’t make up for boring and unpredictable game play.

cali_mom
    @cali_mom

I have 3 stars on all levels except levels 52 & 65. 2 stars on each. High score on level 65 for me is 233610 and on level 52 it is 146780. I Have finished both levels with tons of time left (72 seconds left on level 65) and still can’t 3 stars. I have actually gotten higher scores when I have had barely any time left. I think it gives the little bugs more time to bounce the balls for points. It is very frustrating. Makes no sense at all.

@mighty-red-1

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@cali_mom My score in level 52 is 165820 and 2 stars still. In level 65, I managed to achieve a score of 268065, which was enough for 3 stars.
    I still haven’t gotten 3 stars on levels 57 & 58 too. What are your scores for these levels and did you use any power-ups?

cali_mom
    @cali_mom

36720 for level 57
    65295 for level 58
    No power ups :)

@mighty-red-1

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@cali_mom Just now I managed to 3-star level 57 with a couple of power-ups. It seems the 3-star threshold for level 58 still differs because I got 75K points in that level and only 2 stars, but I guess it’s because you 3-starred that level during the soft launch.

cali_mom
    @cali_mom

Maybe, didn’t realize I was playing during the soft launch. I really wish they would post the 3 star miminums. You should be able to get three stars without power ups. I’m convinced that the timed levels aren’t adding the bonus balls at the end correctly. One time I had over 70 seconds left and I only gained about 6k in bonus. Should have been 70 balls at at least 100 points per ball.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@Mighty-Red-1 :

Hi,

What levels you still miss ?

For my part, in the Area 4, I miss 52 and 57 (like you) and 60. But 58 is 3-starred for me.

What are your scores ?
    Here are mine :

52 : 140.475
    57 : 29.615
    58 : 59.220 (3-starred for me, not for you)
    60 : 70.945 (3-starred for you, not for me)

Otherwise, until the level 70 I made everything, I have 17 levels to 3-starred…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@grimmjow Currently the only levels left for me to 3-star are 52 & 58.

Here are my scores:
    Level 52: 165820 points, 2 stars
    Level 57: 35800 points, 3 stars
    Level 58: 75830 points, 2 stars
    Level 60: 91565 points, 3 stars

karen68
    @karen68

@mighty-red-1 I got 3 stars on level 58 with 56130 this morning, so it’s not a soft launch score. Are there platform discrepancies going on here?

Jon S
    @jon3800

Yes, I finally was able to 3-star all 95 levels :)

@Cali_mom

For Poppy’s level (beat the clock) I would wait till some of the bees rack up your points (aim high to get most of the bubbles to drop)before shooting another one, you’ll have a higher chance of getting 3-stars (it helped me get through with levels 65 and 72).. For my IP4 version, the bonus blocks at the end also don’t really add up…I had 2 cases where 3 balls were stuck in one hole :)

cali_mom
    @cali_mom

I finally 3 started level 65! 282k. It was really weird, but when I focused entirely on the left side, my scores started going up! Now I only have level 52 and I’m done!!

@jon3800
    . @mighty-red-1

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.