3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 277 total)
  • Replies
  • Jon S
    @jon3800

@garth-christie

Hi Garth,

Actually that’s the Blues. If you remember shortly after they made the AB movie back in May 2016, Rovio released the Hatchlings’ as guest character for POP which their powerup was similar to the Willow/Matilda/Gale’s powerup before they decided killed off the Stella flock. They shouldn’t be confused with Blues and their triple threat. I agree, it’s one the WORST powerups I’ve ever seen and it’s virtually unplayable in level 1665 that’s littered with bubble eating fruit.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

For anyone collecting Gold feathers, Gale is back for a couple days…

I found 1695 challenging at 130k but got it after beating it 15 times or so.

1733 and 1739 took some extra effort too.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

June 14:
    The 3-star threshold for Level 1864 (King Pig) was changed to well above 150 k after I 3-starred it at 135 k or so. I think the new threshold is very difficult and I’m worried about what the gold-feather threshold for it will be.

I still haven’t quite achieved 1852 (Line Pop) at 225k threshold. Guessing I’ve beat it about 80 times; 130k to 190k is typical, but I have broken 200k about ten times, and 3 times over 220k. @jon3800 informs me I just need to use more fireballs, as he made 249k after many tries under 225k using fireballs. This is the only star I’m missing on the first 1885 levels.

June 18ish Update: Strangely, I managed to exceed the 3-star 1852 at the 225k threshold 2 times in a row after beating it with similar techniques like 90 times and getting at most 2 stars each time.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

June 20:
    It is pretty easy to gold-feather “Piggy in the Middle” levels with Willow. Just hit the Piggy with a willow pop and you are set to beat it (if you have one other bubble left). If you have 3 bees (preferably pink), you are likely to 3-star and gold-feather.

1863 is an exception to this, as it was revised to an absurdly high threshold of approx 55k 3-star and 75k gold feather sometime after I 3-starred it at less than 25k.

June 26, 2017:
    Dahlia for Science Pops for gold feathers … and unlimited lives … Interesting. First time I’ve ever seen unlimited lives and gold feathers at the same time. 2017-6-26

July 1st weekend: Gale around for 3 more days of gold feathers.

July 6: I’m missing 4 gold feather of the first 1921 levels.
    – 1852 was pretty brutal to 3-star with “Bomb” and gold feather threshold seems unreachable with anyone else.
    1863, 1864, and 1865: the 3-star and gold feather threshold were increased by a lot a couple weeks after they were released. 1865 might be within reach with tons of fireballs/etc and luck.
    The new 1863 thresholds are definitely the most absurd I’ve seen in the last 600 levels (and the difficult/absurd thresholds before that were adjusted or had a limited-time lower threshold that I caught).

July 10: Another round of trying to collect gold feathers with the triple-threat. Up to 1936 and still missing the 4 noted.

August 16: 1863 and 1864 were reverted back to reasonable thresholds. 1865 was left as very tough.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

@trishohara

@louieamora

@beep1027

@renald-henry

@jon3800

Hey guys,
    Just thought I’d mention that the “AB Pop 3-starrable levels” thread has moved here. Seems like our thread was pretty much the only active thread on the AB POP forum, so the whole forum was removed, but mighty-red-1 was able to put this thread back up in the general discussion forum.

Snoozriton
    @renald-henry

Thank you ?

trishohara
    @trishohara

Thank you. But I stopped playing. Updates are coming too fast to be able to keep up.

trishohara
    @trishohara

Ok did not manage to stop completely ;-)

Is there any trick/advice how to three star 1145? It’s one of these quest levels to three star but I just don’t get it. Wasted a lot of power ups by now.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

I don’t remember 1145, but after 5 tries today, I just got 165k starting with a Eagle Eye free boost. Seems to help a lot. Looks like 180k would be sufficient. A couple crushers to unhide all visible smoke-cloud bubbles might have gotten me there (or some memorizing of which smoke cloud bubbles connect; some bubbles are the same color as the ones next to them at the same place in the level every time regardless of if they are under a smoke cloud or not). A Matilda pop of the right color will finish off the right side with the follow up pop. If you use a crusher or fireballs at the end, try to do it with 3 pink bees, of course.

trishohara
    @trishohara

thank you @garth-christie! I FINALLY got it! With one crusher and in the end one rainbow ball and for not failing the last shot Eagle Eye. 199k – 3 stars :-)

trishohara
    @trishohara

How do you get the last pet in the left top corner in Level 2053?

plg999
    @plg999

I can’t get 1016 – nowhere close. I didn’t really understand the above about Matilda pops and all that. I finish it frequently but the points are barely ever even 2 stars. Tips to maximize points on that level?

KRidger
    @garth-christie

@trishohara … 2053 use Dahlia (2017-8-16), if possible. Without a special character, the “Fizz Fruit” on the far left in top section activates too soon so you have to activate the second highest left Fizz Fruit without activating the top left one. I did this by not activating any other Fizz or Blitz Fruit in the middle section until I used a Matilda pop to get the bombs right beside that upper left Fizz Fruit. Alternatively use a fireball at the end.

1852, 1865, and 2025 were tough (many boosts used) but I managed to get about 75 gold feathers in 2.5 days with Dahlia. Now all stars and feathers collected up to level 2055. 1852 threshold was adjusted from 225k to 205k which helped. :)

Honorable mention to 2061. Took many many tries to 3 star. Found it impossible to gold feather with the blues even with many boosts.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

Do you really mean 1016, @plg999 ? I have it as a Piggy In The Middle (Chuck – Color Pop) level. I think the threshold is near 25k. As with all Piggy in the Middle, get to the center quick, use a color pop on the right color, and maximize the number of bubbles that drop onto 2 or 3 pink bees. Sometimes you have to drop one half first and give the bees more chance to earn you points. Fireballs are very handy for that.

plg999
    @plg999

@garth-christie – Thanks! I finally got that level. It seems like the PITM levels are more luck than anything else in terms of points. I’m embarrassingly close to having three-starred everything now. Just a handful of levels in the 300s left. 372 is the one really giving me grief right now, as I win it almost every time but with nowhere near enough points.

Not sure what I’ll do with my life when I’m done!

plg999
    @plg999

…Aaaaaaaaaaaand I just got 372! Apparently coming to this forum to complain about a level is what helps.

So, I would hereby like to complain about these:

That’s it for me! Thanks. :)

KRidger
    @garth-christie

2261 was the toughest level to 3 star and gold feather in a long time. Many tries with many boost bubbles and finally in conjunction with Poppy I beat the 200k threshold. I’ve only tried up to 2312 2378 though.

plg999
    @plg999

Has anyone gotten 3 stars on 2538? I’ve been working on it for a couple of days now (not all the time, obviously), and I’m not all that close. Wondering if it’s just me.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

@plg999 Did you get 2538? Roughly what was the threshold?

Jon S
    @jon3800

@plg999 and @garth-christie

2538 has a 3 star threshold of 200,000.  I just barely got it

trishohara
    @trishohara

Best I got so far in 2538 is 189K, even with the use of Fireballs

btw is there any trick to 3 star 1852 and 2468?

plg999
    @plg999

Thanks everyone! I finally got 2538, but it was the hardest level to 3 star in a long time.

@trishohara
    , I don’t remember 2468, but I think a trick to levels like that is to make a bunch of big matches. I do remember 1852 taking for-freaking-ever to 3 star, but I don’t remember how I did it. The trick to those levels (bomb levels?) seems to be to match more and drop less, if that makes sense, but maybe someone else can weigh in.

trishohara
    @trishohara

Thanks @plg999. I 3 starred 2468 after many tries finally tonight. Then I connected back to Facebook, where I wasn’t connected to since two days (updated IOS). It deleted all my progress from the last two days, which were at least 100 levels with 3 stars…

I really don’t get, why it always deletes, and can’t update the saved one in FB, if you’re much further on your device…

KRidger
    @garth-christie

@trishohara I also had a hard time with 1852. My strategy also includes letting the bees (pick especially) bounce dropped bubbles for awhile before distracting them with the next shot. This allowed me to get often get over 500k, with a high score of 609,700 on level 1436. On the ones where time is tight and the required score is high, like 1852, I don’t wait as long and often use continue coins when I have a good score (and will also get a gold feather).

I really can’t comment on losing progress when re-syncing with Facebook. I haven’t noticed it with my devices but rarely have played non-connected. Losing 100 levels of 3 star progress would make me not want to play again.

trishohara
    @trishohara

I was near to delete it @garth-christie. But then I thought about all the money I spent during the last years for power ups, and playing is fun… So I didnt delete it.

I now caught up, even 3-starred 2538. Suddenly it was very easy, I got 205k, used no power ups.

Just 1852 is still 2 stars…

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.