The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3098
  • 159667 Comments
  • Hey @hunnybunny not heard from you in a while. Just wondered how you managed to score 234k on such a miserable level as the one on today's challenge? It must be somewhere on your list of levels that have gotten reely, reely, reely harder. (Which I can never find btw.) Last time I checked @steviep147 was leading with a modest 216k.
  • Ok your pal meanguy just came in with 228k.I give up.
  • Hi @tompuss hope the eye surgery went well and you're in fine fettle. This one's for you.
    https://youtu.be/VrR_hwv2lfc
  • Hey @kathy wherever you are. (OK I presume it's Hull Mass.) Hope you and Dave are doing just fine. This one's for you.
    https://youtu.be/0NFV8dHrZYM
  • @desperatedan this one's for you and me. "Drink the long draught Dan".
    https://youtu.be/5gukz5HjEKc
  • Watching 3 crows earlier today sitting on our fence and one by one they jumped into a hanging basket lined with some kind of fibre and proceeded to have a beak stuffing competition. Reminds me of a song @ixan57. After me "3 cras sat upon a wa', sat upon a wa', sat upon a wa'... They don't write 'em like that anymore.

Have you been entertained by your squirrels @catsnbirds? They go (ahem) nuts in Spring over here. Maybe it's just the Scottish ones?
  • Hey @BrianN . Little red squirrels, grey squirrels, fox squirrels, black squirrels - we’ve got them all here. They provide much entertainment for me and the cats, especially since I have a feeder for them along with a number of bird feeders. There have been squirrel nests in my big maple tree the past few years. There is an argument to be made as to who is really nuts - them or me!
  • Pretty chuffed @catsnbirds to have seen one red squirrel in Wales. They are that rare over here.
  • @brianN that will be them collecting moss for bedding for their nest. I put out cotton wool this year for the birds next to the nesting boxes. Last year hung out a paint roller to dry and after about 10 minutes there was about 6 small birds ripping it to pieces
  • No comment @catsnbirds.

It's red (lovely bit of) squirrel grand central here @desperatedan, the greys have not reached us yet on their relentless march north.

I figured that's what they were up to @ixan57, cras are just troublemakers though. The Goths of the bird world. Cotton wool? Bloomin'pampered birds round your way. Proper toffs. Do you leave out miniature velvet capes and top hats as well?

Thanks @hunnybunny. Have tried using the nest search engine but it never gets me where I want to go. The foul level in question was from @desperatedan's favourite episode Piggywood Studios 2-32.
  • Just got around to watching the latest Dr. Who. This Whovian is very eagerly awaiting the regeneration and rebooting of the series.
  • Can't get any worse can it?
  • @brianN, we are 1-2 in 22-13 now. Still the wrong way round though. Don't know why I tried so hard on a level where I was already 7th. Something must have provoked me.
  • Ah @BrianN that level! It’s still a mystery to me, too
    I’ve also only seen one red squirrel
    Took a photo on my phone, looks like a bloody red leaf!
    If only I’d had the expensive camera with super duper lens with me…
  • I think 121k is possible on 22-13. I'm just taking out my frustration on it after a lengthy nightmare on 22-12.
  • Gah, as @brianN would say. Playing Wordle, I always use the same starting word. Yesterday, for variety, I went with an anagram of my starting word. So instead of HEIST I used SHITE. Guess what the word was! Getting Wordle in 1 go is like beating @asher 10 days in row and I missed it.
  • I see you shited... er sorry... heisted the leaderboard today @desperatedan. The ABN website was down earlier due to a heavy volume of complaints by angry flingers. Here's a small sample.

'Disgruntled' of Dresden says "He's a blithering idiot!" Something lost in translation there I think.

Blofeld, who we all thought died in prison. Is alive and well and has gone back to his roots running a spa/world domination HQ in the Swiss Alps. He says "Ah yes I remember Desperate Dan, we threw him out of SPECTRE for being too evil. I knew it would all catch up with him. By the way good luck on Bad Piggies 22-13."

This from a longtime Nester. "Yeah its awright, little bit lairy.Little bit below the belt.But I'd have it! Now can we cover him in honey and send a swarm of killer bees after him?" Thank you Dr Phibes.

Final comment from someone called Yahkt. "frrvoou sxxft zappety kapow!"

"Seriously though @desperatedan, put up your screenshot and walk away with a puppy. It's a legit score. "The voice of reason(though I suspect in the Minority).
  • I was just wondering if Danger Above was named after @brianN
  • Not a legit score obviously, as Classic scores are banned from the Challenge. I just wanted to set an example that I hope others might follow (I.e. post comments for top scores but not retain on leaderboard).
  • 2-3 on 22-14 now @ brianN but still the wrong way round.
  • I didn't know challenge had banned Classic scores. How did you know @desperatedan?
  • Dan cheated. He read the information at the top of the challenge page.
  • (Hands on hips) "Well, when you put it like that!"
    Always read the small print.

Think it's for ethical reasons or is it because since Slim left no one can figure out how to allow single digits on the scoreboard?
  • Looks like there's a sleaze competition going on in Westminster. The Tories usually win that one.
  • Hey at @desperatedan ,on your Dr Who "It can't get any worse" theory. Imagine if Jodie regenerates into John Bishop?! #@
  • John Bishop was not a great idea.
    BTW, you can enter single digits, it's just that most people are holding off.
  • On the subject of holding off @brianN, we are watching Holding, adapted from Graham Norton's book. Just imagine a cop investigation headed by Benny Hill. Entertaining.
  • You have set a tough ask on Bad Piggies @ brianN. I set out chasing 167k to catch you up. So far have reeled in 77k with another 90k to find. But I have used up just over half the levels. It also depends on getting hold of version 4.0.0 at some point. Up to 5th now, @comex666 in my sights.
  • Nice segue there @desperatedan. My brother in law used to sell segways in Spain...
    Thought Holding was a documentary about the great WI fast bowler.
  • Don't understand why Classic scores have been banned. If individuals want to refrain from using Classic in the Challenge that's fine. I don't see the difference between using Classic and digging out an older version of original that yields higher scores. In fact to some extent that's more unfair as not everyone has access to older versions whereas Classic is available to all for less than a pound.
  • Good luck on your quest young Hobbit. In order to find version 4 you must travel through Mordor to Mount Doom but beware the Eye of Sauron.
  • Where's that tumbleweed video?
  • Think I'll give the challenge a miss for a while seem to be suffering from projectile disfunction. Can't buy a pup at the moment.

Meanwhile at Westminster... "D'ya wanna buy a puppy?"
  • Also at Westminster Angela Rayner seen drinking at a working men's club while watching a video of Boris Johnson crossing and uncrossing his legs. Tories cry foul.
  • I'm thinking we could create a new eclectic flinger under the name of @desperate_brian and combine all our best scores in Bad Piggies to see if jointly we can overhaul @asher's top score. We may be close already, but I will wait until I have finished the episode. Up to 4th now, chasing the doctor.
  • Can I have an electric finger instead? Might beat Asher on my own that way.
  • Chasing The Doctor eh?... mm... Could @desperatedan be The Master?...
  • Hello @Brian N and thanks for the great video! Yes, I had both eyes done, quite a scary experience! Hadn’t realized they don’t just remove the cataracts like in the good old days. . .they now put implants in too, takes 20 to 30 minutes. Lying very still in the dark and then lots of bright psychedelic colours and feeling an instrument moving around the eye, stressful! Once I read a book by Aldous Huxley with 2 essays called "The doors of Perception" and "Heaven and hell", desrcribing his experiences with magic mushrooms - mescalin? - and all the amazing colours he saw! So, quite a trip and I’m glad it’s over. Already great improvement in vision, soon will get prescription for new specs. Love to all xxxxxxx
  • Hi @tompuss, good to hear from you and that you're eyesight is in better shape. Colourful experience to say the least. Reminds me, never walk through a field of magic mushrooms. It's a trip hazard.
  • "It could be worse":

https://youtu.be/V7d79Knc8p4

Awesome :-)
  • That bald guy with the long hair is quite funny isn't he?
  • I have not read Huxley's Doors of Perception @tompuss, but the name inspired Jim Morrison.
    https://youtu.be/tEXlWgMOtqc
  • Should be a Star Wars challenge today surely?
    I'll get my coat...
  • May the 4th be with you
  • Penny not feeling the force, obvs
  • Just in case you think I'm behind the times. May the fifth be with you.
  • Hey @tompuss, I once wrote an essay about a sly dog. I called it "The Paws of Deception".

Now, where's me coat?
  • No team will ever win a quadruple. FACT. Apart from Celtic in 1967 whose team were made up of individuals born within 25 miles of Celtic Park. (Perhaps the most amazing stat given the peripatetic nature of modern footballers.)
Post in the New Forum!