The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3099
  • 159649 Comments
  • The fat lady hasn't sung yet @brianN.
  • I have a friend who supports Bristol Rovers. Yesterday they were promoted having spent just the last 5 minutes of the season in the top 3. It turned out that they needed to win by a margin of 7 goals and they managed it, despite only having won by such a margin once in their entire history. I think the quadruple may be more likely than that.
  • Gone all the way through Bad Piggies now @brianN, using version 6.0.6. That got me 109k of the 167k I needed to catch you up. Now I have switched to version 3.4.0 to mop up levels that were easier back then. Couldn't get hold of 4.0.0 but I think it's the same. Can't see I have any chance of beating you but should end up in 3rd place behind you and @asher.
  • Teams will be talking about being the first to a quadruple in 50 years (unless they scrap the League Cup) . Liverpool have come closer than anyone but they're running out of steam in the league and I don't see Man City slipping up. If it wasn't for that implosion against Real Madrid they may have won the double and let's be honest they deserve something for the way they've played this season. As long as Liverpool stuff those pampered Madristas I'll be happy.
  • Glad my scores have inspired you @desperatedan. Maybe I should have a proper go at some other episodes. Definitely not Piggy Farm. Busy in Seasons at the moment.
  • In terms of gobbling up trophies Pep's Barcelona team were pretty hungry. In a calendar year they won Spanish league and cup, European Champions League, Spanish super cup, European super cup and world club championship. Of course Spain like most leagues don't have a second cup competition.
  • Trebles have been won in England though still quite rare. Man City recently won a domestic treble. Liverpool have won two, 83-4 they won European Cup, league and league cup. 00-01they won FA cup, league cup and UEFA cup. All superb feats but I'm reminded of a banner flying at Old Trafford "98-99 FA Cup, League, Champions League. The real treble, accept no substitutes."

Celtic of course managed a treble treble. This song's for you.
    https://youtu.be/eF551z9KlA8
  • Is that enough footy talk @catsnbirds? How about the new Dr Who? I'll give him a chance but if he camps it up they've just lost a long time viewer.
  • Hey @BrianN , indulge in all the footy talk you want! I am just mostly clueless on the subject. Treble treble?
    Hoping the new Doctor creates an enjoyable character. Dr “She Who Shall Not Be Named” was such a disappointment. And the storylines so … forgettable.
  • Problems with Dr Who.
    1. Scripts
    2. The Doctor
    3. The companions
    Everything else is great.
  • Hey @brianN, BP now sitting proud at 2nd and 3rd in Bad Piggies. But, to coin a phrase, still the wrong way round. I'm running out of levels to rectify that.
  • The real problem with Dr Who is that it's been taken over by the LBT brigade who insist on employing people who tick their boxes at the expense of quality. The new Dr ticks quite a few. We had dyspraxia a while back so there's a disability vacancy at the moment. (Unless you count John Bishop's inability to act(really love the guy, v funny, typical skowser but he has a carpenter do his makeup.))
    Good example is the Dr Who podcast. Written by and starring transgender women. Wonderful, what an achievement. Is it actually any good? No it's heist!

Russell T wil undoubtedly improve the scripts but unless he switches off his gaydar I will have issues with it. Another good example of box ticking at the expense of quality was the show Pose. There was a lot of fuss made about it so I thought I'll give it a try. 10 mins in I wondered why no one mentions the elephant in the room.(well I know why because if you say anything negative about box tickersyou are vilified). These folk just can't act. Most transgender women can't even act like a woman.
    Has anyone seen Rising? It's a Sky drama, distinctly average but I've started so I'll finish. Anyway there's a transgender actress in it called Rebecca Root. With a lot of male to females you can look at them and think in terms of chromosomes it must've been a toss of the coin at conception. But poor old Rebecca, what on earth possessed him, not an ounce of femininity. Wasn't good looking as a bloke and still has a voice like Vin Diesel.
    I know I've ranted about this before and it doesn't stem from homophobia rather its seeing the traditions of a show I've grown up watching being mutilated by idiots who are more obsessed with not upsetting their peers than producing a great show(which it still can be).
    Wonder if Viz are planning a Dr Poo revival?

Well that's all for now except to say I agree with @desperatedan about the quality of the Dr's companions. Can't see any of the current crop starring in a Jumanji or a Guardians of the Galaxy any time soon. Though I think you'd have to go a long way to find a more annoying one than Tegan(remember the Aussie whingebag?). Guess who Chibnall is bringing back for his and Jodie's swansong...? I say no more
  • I'm glad I've been useful in your quest to rise up the ABO league tablle @desperatedan. (I think @asher might be going for the quadruple). If you have any special requests regarding a particular episode I'll see what I can do to inspire you further. Not sure when my Seasons project will be done though.
  • Ahem @brianN scouser before the apostrophe police get you
  • Oh @brianN you forgot waste of license payers money
  • I'll take that as a cue for more Dr Who musings. Imagine Jason Statham as the Dr. complete with submachine gun...

"Davros you effing freak get off your mobility scooter and hand me that sonic can opener before I #@*..."
  • I'm pretty much done but 21-6 and 21-14 are a bit shameful. @comex666 no help. 21-14 has been a bugbear for years. I promised my @desperate_brian analysis, will be coming soon.
  • I'm surprised none of you Scots have mentioned Tennant's English accent in the role.
  • Good, 21-14 laid to rest at last
  • You need older versions for both of those. Glad you've sorted 21-14,21-6 if you haven't got a version where the left tnt is unstable forget it. Even then scores over 90k are rare.

Hey @ixan57, @desperatedan is buying everyone free Tennants(he's charging £3 for the apostrophe though.)
  • I'm pretty much done with Bad Piggies @brianN. I got 134k of the 167k I needed to catch you up. But most importantly, @desperate_brian is a few hundred ahead of @asher, from a quick check. You are beating me on 29 of 45 levels. This is largely due to Section 21. Outside that in Sections 22 and 23 we are pretty close overall. It may be that not having 4.0.0 is my problem but I think not, version 3.4.0 is probably just as good.
    Oddly, @asher is beating me on fewer levels than you (28).

I must say, Bad Piggies is one of the most enjoyable episodes IMO. Not stupidly complicated but interesting enough.

I'm moving onto Mine 'n' Dine now. Only 35th, it needs a good going over.
  • I see that @jg is entering a lot of Classic scores. He is up to 2nd behind @asher in MND.
  • If you use Classic scores you should be alright. Interesting to see if herd instinct kicks in.
  • I was walking past the local mental health institution (no I'm not a patient). Anyway I heard voices shouting "Thirteen. Thirteen. Thirteen".
    Couldn't see what was going on but I saw a gap in the fence looked through and someone poked me in the eye with a stick. Then they started shouting "Fourteen. Fourteen. Fourteen."
  • I won't use Classic scores. I think it shows that MND might be the biggest beneficiary of Classic, although HEH must be pretty good as well.
  • Chelsea and Liverpool serve up a very entertaining 0-0 draw in a cup final with Liverpool prevailing on penalties. Where have I seen that before?... Mmmm...
  • Fat lady still to sing.
  • She wasn't at Eurovision.
  • She's gargling with TCP and Bumble has started the car!
  • Surely that’s a Tuk Tuk!
    As he said once
    Watching IPL, which we love
    Unfortunately Mr Bunny has Man Flu
    To be fair to him, it’s the worst case I’ve ever seen
    However, I may not need to pay the Eastern European assassin, who has so far failed to deliver
  • Comment on Eurovision
    Vladimir Putin beat us, basically
  • Ah Bumble, gonna miss his mad commentary. Did he jump or was he pushed? Surely the only sports commentator to refer to Inspiral Carpets during a match. My favourite comment.
    "If Paul Collingwood was playing outside yer 'ouse you'd draw the curtains."
  • Bad news, Mr Bunny not only having man flu, tripped over a paving stone (whilst sober) wrecked his glasses, ripped his jeans, has blood everywhere, which I’m mopping up, and is going to look like a ghoul tomorrow, with black eyes, and congealed blood, which hopefully I can tenderly wash away…
    Bloody husbands
  • Sure it wasn't that East European assassin? There's a reason why they're so cheap.
  • We have a blackbird sitting on a nest in a small bush in our small garden. Birds are Twiggy's number one enemy. However, despite her constant presence, they have seen fit to choose that site. At least there will be no cats around. I am monitoring the situation closely.
  • Some really weird stuff going on in Mine 'n' Dine. I can't buy a score in 15-11 despite hundreds of attempts. My best effort in that time doesn't even make the top 600. But then I went to 15-13 and got the trophy on my second attempt at using the @comex666 method. Woot! So then I go to 15-14 and get the trophy there as well on my second attempt using the @comex666 method. Double woot! In each case, I am a large margin ahead. No, I am not using Classic. I am using version 6.0.6. Very hard to fathom what is going on as these levels have never been flagged up as getting easier as far as I can see. Needless to say, I am making scorched earth progress in Mine 'n' Dine so far. It can't possibly continue...
  • I did a detailed Eurovision voting analysis a few years back and found out that more than anything, the voting patterns reflect immigration patterns. This explains, for example, why the UK always gives lots of votes to Poland. Germany gives lots of votes to Turkey, and so on. There wasn't much evidence of systematic block voting as is often suggested. Not to say that politics didn't play a role. Armenia and Azerbaijan were both in the final, and both the public and jury votes placed the other country stone last, despite the fact that both songs were in the top 10. The reason why? Those two countries have been at war with each other for about 20 years (a low-key simmering war but war nonetheless). I really think Russia should have been allowed to compete and suffer abject humiliation.
  • And @DesperateDan when Scotland gets independence the entry for eurovision. Lead singer nicola sturgeon.
    https://youtu.be/Xjux2bvcsOQ
  • Lulu would be better bet, having won in 1969. Bet she could still belt one out.
  • I don't know, duck out for a day and everyone kicks off. So in reverse order:
    @tompuss, which one is @hunnybunny?

@ixan57 Nicola Sturgeon singing at Eurovision? Isn't it humiliating enough being a politician? At least the fat lady would finally get to sing, she's getting very annoyed with Jurgen Klopp.In fact you could say she's getting a little Kranky.

And don't think I didnt notice... cough splutter... you had an epiphany and flung in the Daily Challenge. Hope you are back in the game.Your talents are wasted sitting on the sidelines sniping at the Bluestacks mob. You can still do that and fling, I do.

Mine'n'dine Dan. Had a look at a few of the early levels don't think you need any help from me by the looks of it but I'm confused. I get the mine but where does the dine come in?
  • Yes, MHROTD, @hunnybunny. Hope Mr Bunny is looking a little less like one of the undead. Or is is it difficult to tell?
  • Dining on the eggs I s'pose.
  • Yip @brianN new quality tablet so just playing from zero on most levels. just to be able to play if time permitting between hedge hopping that is now in season, can still show the youngsters around here a thing or two. Think it is the green bottles they carry. Must be weight distribution as they seem to fall into the hedge rather than clear it. So a odd snipe here and there I think. Quite enjoying space for some reason.
  • At least I get appreciation on the hurdles "did ya see that man" (even spoken to the young ladies) in a Glasgow nasal accent. There is no fun in the sport anymore, even the polis canny be bothered chasing.
  • Thanks @tompuss
    @BrianN the most attractive is my mother
    @DesperateDan difficult to tell
  • Unlucky Rangers, very even game but as soon as Aaron Ramsay stepped up to take his penalty I said to my wife (and I quote) "They're doomed"
    Have we learned nothing from England's late substitution of "penalty takers" in the Euro final?
    Also(no offence @desperatedan, @hunnybunny ) but I think Ramsay is massively overrated, can be brilliant on his day but those days are few and far between.

Also what is it about penalty shootouts this season? Both domestic cups, the playoffs, now this. Hope Liverpool smash Madrid 5-0 in normal time, no penalties please.

Speaking of the playoffs I see a Nottingham Forest fan head butted a Sheffield United player. Hope it wasn't my wife's uncle Clive, he's a Forest sesson ticket holder and a nutter(pun intended).
  • Was that the Glasgow kiss?
  • If Cloughie was still around that fan would have had his bottom spanked.
    https://youtu.be/T4ABVVvPlr0
  • The modern game wouldn't know what to do with Cloughie. See his son is doing alright with Mansfield. Another penalty shoot out. Another pitch invasion. If they don't sort it out we'll be back to high fences, barbed wire, and gun turrets.
Post in the New Forum!