We all know this simple equation: Angry Birds + Crunchy Cheesy Goodness = Yum! Given that, it should come as no surprise to see, Angry Birds Cheetos, a brand new Angry Birds Flash mini-game built around — you guessed it — Cheetos. There’s just one catch. Angry Birds Cheetos is in Turkish, so for this English speaking American it’s a bit tough to decipher (note: anyone can play). That said, I’ll do my best.
Before I go into the details, I would love access to the “locked” levels, so if someone has codes they want to share — or an account I can access — please contact me.
Like most of the other Angry Birds web games you need to login to play. In this case it looks like you can either login via Facebook or create an account by entering your email address and a password. Once you’ve done that you’re ready to fling. Game play, as well as other details, are as follows:
- There are three levels available for anyone to play and five levels that can be unlocked using credits. You earn credits by entering passwords found on specially marked promotional packages of Frito-lay chips. Each “password” will give you a random number of credits.
- It costs one credit per play of a “prized level”.
- There are some great prizes and awards for top flingers — both daily and all-time — however,
it’s unclear ifthey’re only available for those residing in Turkey. The competition runs through 30 June. After that, it is not clear if the app will be discontinued, or if users will have unlimited free access to all levels (à la Pistachios).
- While there is no Mighty Eagle in Angry Birds Cheetos, there are exploding packages of Cheetos which can be used to raise one score. Flinging a Cheetos package will cost you 3 credits on “prized levels” per use. (Happily, Cheetos packages are free on the free levels.) You can detonate a Cheetos package while it’s in the air to send a destructive Cheetos flying in all directions.
- Unlike the previous web versions there are virtual badges that can be obtained and shared with friends. The complete list of badges are (translated as best I could from Turkish):
- “Attention Beginner”: Angry Birds Cheetos played for the first time.
- “Bounty hunter”: Complete all sections.
- “Game Addict”: Angry Birds Cheetos played 100 times.
- “Score”: 10 million points.
- “Big Star”: 3 Starred all levels.
As of now that about does it. We do have walkthroughs available for the first three Cheetos levels. If you have the others unlocked please contact us ASAP. Lastly, for those unfamiliar with the Angry Birds web based mini-games of yore you might want to check these out: