Angry Birds Facebook has a neat new feature: you can now embed individual levels on your Facebook timeline or website! This is an awesome feature that I’m sure will help grow Angry Birds on Facebook even more. Here’s how it works:
- Play and complete any Angry Birds Facebook level. Note, you don’t actually have to pass the level with any stars.
- On the results screen you’ll see two buttons: “Share” and “Embed”.
- Clicking share will allow you to embed that level on your Facebook timeline for all to play.
- The new embed option will generate HTML code that you can paste into your blog or website (just like below!).
A few notes:
- You can play the embedded levels without having to log into your Facebook account (or if you don’t have one). You obviously can’t share your score however.
- Golden Egg levels can be embedded and played even if you haven’t obtained them.
- As of now you cannot make the play area any bigger than what appears below.
- Clicking on the fullscreen icon takes you to Facebook, so at that point you’ll have to login.
- Angry Birds Facebook is Flash based, so this won’t work on devices that don’t support Flash. Sorry iOS users, hopefully this feature will become available in an HTML5 version.
Do you think Rovio had AngryBirdsNest in mind when they created this? Well, probably not, but I have been eagerly awaiting this capability! Too bad it won’t work on all devices. I’m thinking of leveraging this embed feature here on ABN. My initial thought is to link to individual levels from the Angry Birds Facebook leaderboard. I just need a little time to think this through and get the code in place. For now, here below you can play Angry Birds Facebook Golden Egg Level #6, which is probably one of the most difficult levels in the Facebook edition so far (hey, why not have a little fun while we’re at it right?)
Oh, and happy Star Wars Day everyone! If you’ve never seen this amazing Angry Birds Star Wars mashup and poll today is a good day to check it out. 63% of people believe this will happen (we can dream right).