You've Got the Touch Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum You've Got the Touch Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 241 total)
  • Replies
  • PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I’ve had the same experience. Both days I was over 10k points ahead of second place and with no one even making a effort to catch me. But now I’m sorta bummed because I already had Rodimus and the Blues TFs. I was sable to get all the accesories even though they are all redundant on the arm. I’ve got nothing to play for but worthless coins on the most fun challenge we’ve had in a long time. Whaaaaaaah.

jasebree
    @jasebree

@aliaspbj something you could do it play 1 round on each day, then anyone else on that days board could be one slot higher with one less sniper possibility. Better to have 1 space filler and 19 competitors than 20 competitors. That’s generally what I do once I get my target tokens.

Raxor
    @mndc

Guys,just a warning: DO NOT WEAR THE COCONUT HELMET!!!

It’s still bugged, my grimlocks were wearing it and theyp took far more dmg than necessary,meaning that they could die during the node.

Send a ticket to Rovio about this if you can.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The other thing with the leaderboard is that most people aren’t members of an ABT forum, don’t know how to handle Unicron, and get discouraged when they see folks like us charging ahead.

I’m currently in first place at 27,000 for today, next closest guy is at 11,000. I know I’d be discouraged if out places were reversed.

sheepybach
    @paul13

OK all what is going on here as I just had the fright of my ABT life, I had 1 run up so took it and there was the Big Big Guy and then the other Big Guy popped up, the bloody 2 of them, I got rid of boos pig and glad I took in the shield unable to kill the big big guy sadly

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

new soft update 1.18.5.5 is up i just update mine. don’t know yet what changes was done.

Geli
    @geli

Can’t verify this, but perhaps the update made Unicron a tad easier to defeat. I can only offer my experience: defeated Unicron twice in 2 days. Now in Day 3, since the 6th hour, defeated it 4 times. Or maybe I just improved my timing and aiming. Whichever it is, I’m happily less than 1000 from the 100 token payout with 8 hours left.

Unlike @optimuspig I am in a tussle and have been every day. Got sniped out of 1st on Day 1 and barely got 500 bonus tokens on Day 2.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I can’t find any difference with this update TBH

@geli

Have a look back on this thread and you’ll find the way to get him everytime, since @mndc posted the way to get him only once I missed him and that was my own fault lol.
    The lowest score i’ve got from him is 2300 the others times its over 3000. I think those on my board know the way also as it’s very high scoring. My grandsons board is different with scores of around 20,000 with everybody else around 10,000

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Unicron’s accuracy seems to be off. The last four times I’ve faced him his pigs have been missing my Transformer and hitting behind them.
    Edit: Figures. As soon as I say this then next time he’s hitting me right on the nose.

Geli
    @geli

@paul13 Tried the tips and I still sucked. Suddenly I was 4 for 4 with 2 more defeats since that post. That’s why I threw in the better timing and aiming thing along with the “Unicron got nerfed” thought.

Getting old sucks….

OptimusPrimeTime
    @angela-hershey

Ok so I would like to know if anyone has been able to get rid of the unicorn pig? Even using my transformers at L15 I can’t seem to get him to 0. Thoughts and input is greatly appreciated!

sheepybach
    @paul13

@angela-hershey

Use Grey Slam Grimlock with PhotoBlaster and don’t worry if you get hit a few times, wait until his shield drops then hit his nose and let rip with PhotoBlaster, his life line with soon start to drop, ignore him when his shield is up

@geli

Hey i’m old mun lol, just watched my grandson do a 4 run and he got the big guy 3 times out of 4, kill him everytime and scored over 8000, the last run he only got 120 not happy about that lol

Raxor
    @mndc

@paul13 You had in one single run Unicron AND the Boss Pig ?
    That sounds completely crazy, so far never got Boss pig in any of my nodes since day 1.

Also, I wanted to point out something I have mistaken myself :

Unicron actually is worth 2000 points in total :
    – 250 points for every 1/5 of his life bar depleted ;
    – 1000 points if defeated.

So who said that he’s worth 2K pts originally was right, my bad for the misleading.

@geli
    @angela-hershey I’ll resume the different tips in one post so everyone can see it perfectly (sorry in advance if it’s very long)

– Take GreySlam Grimlock ; he walks slowly and hits directly his targets, meaning that you can hit and kill Unicron better than if you take a Seeker or Chuck for example ; + a squad member who has a bonus on him to get additional points.

– and Photoblast (PB) as a energonicon ; Photoblast is prefered over Glassor because, even at level 1, PB can take out his life bar easier, but be warned that PB will target the Walking Mortar Towers first and if you see one, wait to have level 2 so they are destroyed quickly.

– Unicron’s shield flickers and wears off every 5 pigs he launches, you’ll have a certain amount of time to deal enough dmg to him (1/5 of his life bar) before he re-enables it, it’s also the best time to activate PB

– If you hit an EMP missile (the blue/pink ones) Unicron will be stunned and don’t move for a very short time.

And that’s all if i remember correctly.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Looks like I’m going to be one of the people that stops playing early today. Reached the 100 token mark a couple hours ago and am 15000 points ahead of 2nd place (that hasn’t moved since this morning). I’ll keep an eye on them and if they start back up so will I. I should be able to unlock Rodimus tomorrow.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I only have been swapping out GSGrimlock for one of the TFs. He has the Pilgrim Hat for +10% Damage. I also added Sword for +10% Weapon Cooldown. I’ve run a total of 47 runs this event with 32 (68%) having Unicron. Of those 32, I’ve sent him scampering off in defeat 23 time for a 72% kill rate.

I don’t constantly hammer him when his shield is up, but wait until its down and then hammer away taking whatever hits I take, except for falling monoliths. I’ll video recharge GSGrimlock after each run if necessary.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@mndc

Yes in the forest the big guy was there, I got the 1st thingy for the shield and he then started throwing things at me, then balloons dropping, then WMT and then I got a big shock boss pig appeared and I was lucky I had the shield, I took boss but no chance with the big guy.
    I think I had a bug or something because the next time I did a run after about 30 secs I got a black screen but the game carried on, I had no idea what I was doing but I just kept going and I got to the end and before it crashed I seen I had got 50 items lol. I started the game again and I had another run showing but this time I only just got out and it crashed on me, so I rebooted my tab and have not had a problem since.I’ve had the boss twice since on his own. Crazy lol

Geli
    @geli

@mndc I thank you for summarizing in one post. My issue appears to have been 1)- paying to much attention to minor threats and 2)- not clearing a field of fire to hit Unicron. Doing that in anticipation of the shield being dropped resulted in damaging hits.

EDIT IN: it all clicked today. 11 defeats on Unicron and a 1st place in my cohort.

Also, is there a longer period of the shield being down when the damage sustained approaches 80%? That is my (probably wrong) perception.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

The Grey Grimlock/Fireblast combo has been working great for me. I still tend to fail vs. Unicron on river runs, however.

Anyhow:

Day 1 competition was a joke. I spent 10 gems for the fun of it, but was way over the 100 token mark and around 3X the score of the runner up.

Day 2 I spent 10+20 gems and just barely made 100 tokens. Again, competition was a negligible.

Day 3 I had a more competitive cohort. Also, I lost some runs to crashes and so on. I squeaked into 3rd place, getting a bit over the 100 token mark, spending no gems.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

The river nodes give me fits too. Problem is that his snout is frequently obscured. You need to manually target him, otherwise you’re just shooting at rock.

jasebree
    @jasebree

Seems like day four has a lot more more Unicron. Spent 30 gems and already passed the 100 token mark (only because I wanted to unlock Rodimus before bed). In 13 levels, I fought 10 unicron and won 9 times.

Geli
    @geli

Had Boss Pig in a River node while balloon pigs were the featured target. Killed Boss Pig but had zero/nada/no balloon pigs show up. 500 points instead of the 2500 or so usually gathered with a Unicron defeat.

Interestingly, I had Unicron in a River node and won. Photoblast prioritized Balloon Pigs at the expense of scoring hits on Unicron. Agree that aiming GSGrimlock is critical. Luckily I had openings through trees and limbs while in slo-mo and was able to inflict significant damage at the end and drove it off.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

After easily breezing through Days 1-3, Day 4 is quite a bit more competitive.

After five runs (4 of which had Unicron) I’m in third place, with two more right behind me.

Geli
    @geli

I had it easy in Day 3. Not so now. Leader is spending gems and is already 9000 ahead of a virtual tie for second in my cohort.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Still no competition on my board. It’s almost kinda boring. Just picked up Rodimus. Will probably get all three accessories just for completeness.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I blew through the 100 token level in the first 2 hours today, on 1 recharge. That gets me to 4700 tokens so far, so 6000 seems rather easily achievable. :)

@millforce2K

I find a large fraction of targeting annoyances even on non-competition runs to be in the river area. E.g., there are energons that are (almost?) impossible to get.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum You've Got the Touch Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.