Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 1,926 through 1,950 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde I am an idiot. I completely mistook your answer for something else and also forgot what I had asked myself. I have a bad memory.

Still congrats for what you achieved. At least you can say that you hit max (no matter the count).

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

Sorry for the newb question, but after the caves were changed, what became the best place/method of grinding snouts and mastery? And is it better to grind mastery directly or grind snouts and spend them at the dojo? Thanks!

Anonymous

@joanna-caccavo
    Mouth Pool for snouts, and cave 13-5 for mastery. No idea on the dojo question tho. I think prob some combination of both. I’ve found my snout supply deindling lately, because I’ve been only cave grinding.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Rank ups from event:

Chuck: wizard rank 50,tbird rank 38,archmage and lightning bird rank 44,rainbird rank 43

Matilda: princess rank 43

Bomb: sea dog rank 41

Blues: spies rank 46 and skulkers rank 37

angryde
    @angryde

Here’s my progression post V.D. event.

mastery_19_02_2017

DD
    @toolow

@joanna-caccavo

For Snoutings, Mouth Pool has the best payout.

For mastery, in order of payout and difficulty:
    Cave 13-5 – decent Snoutings but you may have difficulty depending on your birds.
    Cave 9-9/5 – about the same as 13-5 but easier; potentially more Snoutings but varies.
    Cave 4-5 – a lot easier but less mastery and Snoutings; less reliant on friends.

Obviously, there are other choices, but these seems to be some of the favourites.

@sam-spargo

@angryde

LOVELY progress. Many congratulations!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Here’s my own progress!

Next classes to rank up are:
    – Pirate: 774 to go to M58
    – Samurai: 1027 to go to M62
    – Sea Dog: 1132 to go to M57
    – Guardian: 1156 to go to M61
    – Spies: 2591 to go to M64

Closest to Max Mastery:
    – Wizard: 56 Dojo purchases left
    – Paladin: 118 Dojo purchases left
    – Spies: 148 Dojo purchases left

Furthest to Max Mastery:
    – Thunderbird: 383 Dojo purchases left
    – Illusionist: 357 Dojo purchases left
    – Stone Guard: 296 Dojo purchases left

Milestone achieved: At least one class for each bird has reached M60!

I think that Wizard will definitely make it to M70 before the next Mastery cap increase… maybe Paladin… but no further than that! XD

As you can see, I’ve got all available Elite classes BUT Elite Illusionist. All I need is a sale and then I am officially PURCHASE FREE! :D
    I’ve got to see which thing I’ll spend my next LC’s on… maybe the Golden Anvil?

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

My progress:

Blues
    Screenshot_20170220-150034.png

Bomb
    Screenshot_20170220-150030.png

Matilda:

Screenshot_20170220-150025.png

Chuck

Screenshot_20170220-150016.png

Red

Screenshot_20170220-150010.png

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde
    Venereal disease event? I am glad I missed that one……

Credit and kudos to late great singer/ musician/ songwriter LARRY NORMAN

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I hope this will work, this is the first time I’ve tried using giphy …

https://giphy.com/gifs/kxZsvrhjXDYhq

What that should show is a time series of histograms of my aggregate mastery level for all 6 classes for the five birds in ABE, so thirty total levels. Every few days I made a note of that mastery level for each hat for each bird, and then summed up how many hats were at each level.

So you can see the progress over time in steps of maybe 6 days (it’s not all uniform time steps because I didn’t think of representing the data this way until I got fairly far into it).

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

@toolow

Thanks!!

Now if only I could find a way to harvest a bunch of seeds without having to constantly hover over the game x_X;

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

My rank ups!!! (2.0) :D
    Mastery Chart v2.0.png

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq @sam-spargo Thanks. Congrats to you two. Hopefully you’ll get even more mastery during the necromancer event.

angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds Sounds like my kind of event, eh!?! XD

nickname
    @zaqxsw

@toolow do you know best 2 birds autoplay combo for each of those caves?
    i forgot there is no replay buttom in the cave, my bad
    still looking for the place to get mastery points asap, for now i am grinding at src

burbman
    @burbman

@zaqxsw – To gain mastery without XP, you are grinding the wrong castle. Pigs are stronger by the time you reach SRC, and drop more XP. Try DPC or CPC and see if it does a better job of getting you where you want to be.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde
    Re VD
    Don’t make me come over there and smack you.
    Thanks for adding my nephew …. we all need to add to his EPIC addiction….

DD
    @toolow

@zaqxsw

Checkout what @burbman suggested on this and the other thread.

The game has changed since I last played through the map, and it seems that avoiding new map levels and go for the lowest map levels you have completed is the way to go. In general, you really want to avoid increasing bird levels with XP, or at least slow it down, while trying to increase mastery levels.

While I’m not absolutely sure, playing events might be the better way to increase mastery levels because the payout can be more substantial especially with a reward that applies to ALL bird classes.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well done @jamairoqui it worked just fine. I also have noted Classes Mastering up in groups, which is shown by your animation. Makes sense, based on Event rewards.

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

Has anyone compiled a list of what resources you can get from the wheels of each cave level? I’d love to find one with pumpkin + banana/seeds/tomato that can be autoplayed.

Anonymous

@joanna-caccavo
    I’ve been paying a bit of attention to the cave wheels lately. I haven’t compiled any specific lists, but I’m pretty sure that each cave has the same wheels for each level within the cave. So the wheel for cave 17-6 is the same as the wheel for cave 16-6. I’m also pretty sure that the sixth level in each cave is the only one with pumpkins (and sadly it doesn’t also have seeds).

burbman
    @burbman

@toolow – Events are absolutely the best option for mastery, as all classes can gain many mastery levels. Especially for newer players.

My updated recommendation for new players is to play straight through, up to Volcano Cliffs. (i.e. reclaim your team after the ninjas kidnap members) Up to that point, they should purchase all classes that become available, and their experience will likely be in the low to mid 20s. Then go back to Cobalt Pig Castle and grind the mastery of their birds up to ~50% of their current XP level. Once all classes are at 50%, go back to new levels and play until they reach XP 30, again purchasing all classes that become available. At Level 30, go back to CPC and grind all classes up to M 15. Keep repeating the process 10 XP levels at a time. The mastery grind is not all that bad at the lower levels, and with events boosting Mastery every couple of weeks it goes even faster.

This approach would avoid the situation I find myself in, where I ran into levels too hard to complete with my low mastery birds, and I kept trying them over and over again. Each opponent I defeated dropped quite a bit of XP, and I soon found myself going from XP 25 to XP 40+ with little mastery gained in the process. I was losing progress toward the end goal, even as I was working to gain ground. I now find myself at XP 40, but my birds are all mastery 10-13

See my starting over from scratch thread for the reason why I am recommending CPC as the grinding destination.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@pointless Yes. The step from the first frame to the second was the golden pig castle event in December. My recollection is almost all (maybe 25 out of 30) of my classes gained a rank at the end of that event. I should have made a note which ones were taken before and after an event and put those histograms in a different color.

Of course, that might induce seizures in some people as the colors flashed, but that’s a small price to pay for a kick-ass visualization.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 1,926 through 1,950 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.