Dangers from the Deep- Return of Kraken Pig

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dangers from the Deep- Return of Kraken Pig

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 149 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@coachmp In order to fully utilize the 5X Rainbow Riot, you don’t need a full rainbow bar because during said Rainbow Riot, you’ll easily get set items dropped. A fully filled bar would just mean a guaranteed set item but set items are dropped like crazy during a 5X rainbow Riot (not so much during a 3X though).

However, a 5X rainbow Riot combined with a Rainbow Bar Chaos (the mini event where the bar fills up twice faster) is better since you can get more bang for lesser buck spent. Unfortunately most (not always though) of the time, said combination doesn’t work because both happen during different dates and times. Hope this helps.

burbman
    @burbman

Thanks for the replies @all. I restarted the game, and now videos are working properly.

For any out there with a weaker team, I came up with a strategy that can beat the level with my XP 14 team, using birds with Mastery 1-3

Red – Elite Knight M3
    Chuck – Mage M2
    Matilda – Druid – Began M1, now M2
    Bomb – Pirate M2
    Golden Chili

First wave golden chili to bomb, then knock out tentacles with remaining birds, this leaves two weakened tentacles for the enemy’s first attack

Second wave heal attacked birds with matilda, knock out remaining tentacles, then attack body

continue knocking out tentacles, save rage chili for matilda for turn following body attack, Otherwise use matilda to make sure all birds health is maintained at 100% prior to attacks, and thorny vine is active on body (it shows up at the top of the head), and chip away at the body. Takes many turns, but results in three star score.

I will be substituting Lightning for Mage next time to take advantage of ability to direct red to hit body rather than minor damage that my Mage was doing.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Elite mage is still not available in the elite chest :(

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@datguygamer that makes perfectly good sense to time both events. Maybe next go around. Hopefully around this time next week I’ll have some shiny new set pieces.

In Kraken News, he seems pretty manageable so far. He’s on stage 11. I’m guessing he will scale and grow in difficulty as the event goes on?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@sam-spargo
    He’ll never be, I guess…
    I already saw Elite Mage offered in a starter package which costs money. So, I doubt there will be another free giveaway.

Me, I started the event a few hours late.
    Currently I’m on the winning team, also thanks to a guy that has too much money on him – or is a cheater – and already gathered 11,500 points. Chinese name.
    I’m directly behind him, just cracked 2,000 points.

Pointless
    @pointless

Looks like I’m well on my way to an enviable 0 for 4 in these World Boss Events. First on my Team with over 4K, but the other Team has five members who seem very keen to top the table. All have scores not manageable without consuming. Hope they lose interest and tail off, but really don’t think so…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless I have never been on a winning team either. Probably because I don’t put any effort into this event so they place me with like minded souls.

@suzyq
    you may already know this but once it’s repaired don’t wait your turn just tap it. It interrupts the flow. Good luck.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley Same here. Even though I am at #1 with 10K points, I am still on a losing team. :P

Putte
    @puttekula

is there nothing more to win after 10k?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@puttekula The answer is yes and no. If you need mastery/XP then you have to keep playing to win the best possible rewards from the wheel of fortune based on your leaderboard position.

Otherwise, if you are maxed out, then after getting the elite headgear, you won’t have an incentive to play (like me) anymore.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow @bubbley

Thank you both for your help ?

Things settled down after a while so could get some turns. I used some SD’s and now back on track.

I’ve always been on the winning team until now but think maybe my luck has run out as the team’s are neck and neck. As the wheel rewards are very low it’s not the end of the world, just need to get the chest opened.

@datguygamer

Congrats on getting Elite Lightning Bird in record time ?

Putte
    @puttekula

@datguygamer
    Oh well. Then I can quit that one. Passed way over 12k yesterday. Are those other elite gears for sale afterwards? I met a couple of guys in the Arena yesterday that had 2 of the new gears in the same match….hmmm…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@puttekula There’s currently no sale. But there are sales coming up in February though. Also, it is possible to get two of the four new classes offered in the same match. I myself have two as well.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq If they tweak their codes to make it that I can get as many classes as possible from the available rewards after getting 10K each time, I would still get them all. Saves my time and effort for future though. XD

burbman
    @burbman

FYI, from what I have seen on my level 15 team, and my son’s level 37 team, the elite classes in the chest can be pretty much any elite class that is not a LC exclusive. His list shows about a dozen available options, mine shows all seven non-elite classes I currently have including Elite Mage.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@burbman That’s because the chest only shows the classes you don’t have, both normal and elite. By normal I mean the premium ones of course and not the classes purchased with Snoutlings. So those dozen you are seeing on your son’s profile are all the normal premium classes he is missing and the elite upgrades for the ones he has purchased. Same goes for you. The chest will never show you a class/upgrade you own.

On the other hand, I am seeing only 3 (I was but I got one of them) available because I have all elite upgrades obtainable and I have all 30 classes to boot. Hope this clears up.

burbman
    @burbman

@datguygamer – Not exactly, my son does not have all of the previous event earned classes (i.e. witch, illusionist, treasure hunter, etc.) and they do not show up when I tap on his event chest. Only elite classes that he does not yet have, with the exclusion of the ones that have only been available via LC purchase such as paladin. Same for my level 15 team. Only birds that I have already unlocked are showing as elite options.

All that said, the true purpose of my post was to respond to @sam-spargo’s post above to tell him that I am seeing elite Mage as one of the options.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@burbman that’s odd that some are seeing elite mage while I’m not. maybe its because I have the archmage

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@burbman Since my second profile does not have all event classes, I got all of them shown up in the previous event where the elite chest made its debut. So I basically assumed they did the same this time without consulting game codes. Thanks for that clarification. Also, birds which are available is the key factor here. After all, it’s not gonna show you Elite Skulkers if you don’t have them unlocked. But obviously they can switch around game codes to determine what gets displayed and what not.

Also, since you didn’t mention Sam, I thought you replied to me.

DD
    @toolow

Wanted the Elite Rogues but got me self the Elite Cannoneer. Strangely, there was an exclamation mark over the Avenger at the same time but I’m not sure what changed.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Is anyone else besides me bothered that the Kraken Pig, which would be a sea beast, appears out of the ground? I mean the monster in “It Came From Beneath the Sea” doesn’t appear out of someone’s vegetable garden or trout pond. Shouldn’t the Kraken Pig be in the water?

This is ruining the whole event for me.

HUH
    @huh

@jamairoqui

Well thanks for ruining the event for me too. I was fine playing the same event for the upteenth time, constant crashes and elite classes that I will never play with, but I’ll be darned if I am putting up with an underground sea monster.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I got the elite rogues

HUH
    @huh

Just got Elite Druid.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@huh It’s an outrage. But at least I got Elite Rogues.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Dangers from the Deep- Return of Kraken Pig

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.