About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

After a month long sabbatical from the Arena I started playing again a few days ago. I’m doing ok. I’m in third place in my Diamond League and only about 2,100 points out of first place. I’m so grateful that Rovio has done such a wonderful job keeping the cheaters out. ???

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

If you’ve not played for a month (say 3 weeks) how come you are still in the diamond league and have not been relegated 3 leagues with no points????

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I misspoke and thank you for pointing it out. I’m actually Emerald league now. I’ve been shuffled around in several different groups this week. I’ve read others on here experiencing this but this is new to me.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Genuine question – I am in Diamond League etc, I have three starred every level up to level 560 or whatever we are on. I’ve picked up every reward box etc. Only won the DC a couple of times.

My feathers are on level 5 – most approaching level 6.

Apart from cheating how can so many people have so many more feathers than me? Almost everyone I play these days on the Arena have levels 6 and upper on their feathers. How/

I don’t think you can buy feathers (I can’t see how anyway) and it seems that you only get them when Rovio decide. The daily rewards etc and the chests on the main game.

So how do people have feather levels so high?

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@jeremyharrod- a good question- I am in Diamond League too, with level 5 birds (and Terence still resolutely a 4 as he never seems to get feathers) but only on 526 at the moment. When I eventually catch up with you at 560 might be approaching 6 too but it takes so many feathers to rank up.
    Other than having lots of friends on Facebook who might send gifts (sadly don’t even know if these are feathers as do not bother with FB), getting a few feathers from the Daily Challenge, buying chests @ 80 gems, or buying a mighty eagle offer for 50% more feathers from the map chests, I, like you, have no idea how it is done!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I have been playing since the beginning and it seems like my birds have been at level 5 forever. That is until last week when I finally hit that 1,400 mark. In the past two weeks all my birds have leveled up to 6, including silver this morning when I beat the Daily Challenge. No idea how so many people are level 7 and 8.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

So that’s reassuring but puzzling all the same. Can’t believe there are that many cheats out there (sad people they are if they do cheat – what’s the point?). I’ve been struggling to get 1400 feathers to level up for what seems like months. I dread to think how many feathers I need to get to get to the next level after that – and some people are on level 8. How???

Also why are opponents in the Arena always (yes always) at a better level than me these days? Every time their birds are on level 6 or 7. yes I know about closing the game and starting again and waiting for someone at my level but why should it be that way? And I can’t be bothered to do that all the time. And in fact every time the opponent still has higher level birds than me.

Surely the law of averages says I should get some opponents worse off than me? After all the better level players get to play me – and I’m not bad.

Since Wednesday absolutely everyone has been 1m points better than me and I’ve got no chance generally if they are bad players. Since Wednesday having been comfortably first I have one two games.

So it seems Rovio don’t want us to play this game anymore.

Strange.

Buzz1
    @buzz1

This could be how people who spend a $lot$ can level up birds. Whenever I have 80 or more gems saved and click on the Premium Rewards, I get charged 80 gems and get a reward of 100 (or, infrequently, 150) feathers. Also, their birds will level up but their player rankings (stars) can stay low.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

The number of feathers it takes to get to level 7 is 1,600. Since my birds just leveled up I am a long, long, loooooong way from leveling up again. I am not about to burn 80 gems on the treasure chest because I have no idea what I will get, maybe two blizzards like some others. Maybe a chili like I get when beating the Daily Challenge. Not worth the risk. Today I burned 60 gems to finish off the boss in the DC and it paid off with 250 feathers for silver, my last bird to level up.

As for the arena and not getting decent matches, I have found that patience pays off. I will restart the app as many times as it takes to get a decent opponent. Last week my margin of victory was crazy. This week I have been more patient and my margin of lead is insane, I have lost only a handful of rounds. I am ahead of 2nd place by more stars than 2nd place has in total just by being very selective and patient. Having experience from finishing the 560 levels and knowing how to best beat the arena levels doesn’t hurt at all.

Thing is that it isn’t skill, it is repetition and memory, with a little luck not coming across one of the immortals. Those micro-pigs that survive just about anything and everything. And if on the chance of encountering one of the immortals, having just the right bird in the selection to get at it.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Thanks. So it’s about the money and spending 80 gems a time. How sad. I have three birds close to 1400 but a couple quite a way off.

I’m also “afraid” that if I level up to level 6 I will only start playing those with level 7 birds. Not much point really.

At this rate I think I’ll be relegated next week. 3 wins in three days after barely having 3 defeats in a week.

Clearly Rovio have changed something which in my opinion is not working and is not fair. Please change it back.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Once upon a time, not so long ago, it was much, much easier to obtain feathers.

The arena was a daily challenge and those who finished top received (iirc) 100 feathers, those in second (or first runner up, as some far off lands to the west of the Atlantic Ocean deem it) were awarded 80 or 90 feathers. It was possible, to get hundreds of feathers in a week, by playing the arena as much as you could.

Couple that with the legendary, nay mythical red chests in levels 9 and 13, where by boring your self stupid, by continually playing these levels, more feathers could be found. Some spent day after day flinging birds on these levels to great effect levelling their birds up but at the expense of their sanity.

Sadly, a great evilness fell on the land and the demon Rovio took the red chests away and in an act of further spite extended the time in the arena sevenfold, took away the bountiful feathers and gave pitiful prizes of coloured stones instead.

And no-one lived happily ever after.

The end…..

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

I must at least restart the game 3 times because of that high number of suckers with five spell cards.
    Which serious user buys all cards for one single Match? Impossible to win against, even for a good player.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

The bigger question which I’ve never seen answered is: how did low level players, say level 14 get the have all birds at level 8?

And an even bigger question: is why do some players have birds at levels 3,4,5,6,7 and 8? There are players who have a massive disparity between their levels of birds.

The game is flawed…… Possibly fubar, with what little resources Rovio seem to have. I’ll keep playing till I’ve had enough of cheats, hacks and bugs or Rovio pull the plug, not sure which is going to happen first!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The craziest I personally saw so far was a level 10 player with all level 3 birds, and once I battled a level 20 with all level 4 birds. I’m not in the “super crazy” league yet – although, I gotta admit, I’m in the Gold League and my star count is 22 :P

Anonymous

Hacked .apk’s are underestimated. :P

Mighty Screamer-ingame
    @simon-mosegaard

Noob question…

What happens if you win the Diamond league?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@simon-mosegaard You’ll stay in Diamond and get the gems. That’s all the magic. Nothing special for making it into the Top 3.

Mighty Screamer-ingame
    @simon-mosegaard

Really??? Nothing? Just the gems? Really disapointing!

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

LOL @aeshna! I know that story too.

So people who picked up on gift farming from the beginning would have already bumped their birds up to Level 8 by now. Since Rovio kaiboshed red gifts, these players got to maintain their status and they are probably the ones kicking our butts in the arena these days. They had a head start on promoting their birds and they are enjoying the benefits.

But here’s a little strategy I figured out: Take at least one spell into the Arena with you. If you get it on the first screen, use it- hopefully it will clear the screen and you will get another spell card regenerated from filling your destructo-meter bar, because you shouldn’t get a duplicate bird card since you are still stocked up with them. With any luck it will be a ME or a better card than the one you used, which will come in handy near the end of the battle as you get harder structures to clear. It seems to work for me most of the time.

Trying the “cold-start” reboot method takes so long to get an evenly matched player. Many times I will get the exact same person 4x in a row… 0% of the time they are a lower status than I am, as a matter of fact I don’t think I’ve ever gone into an Arena match with someone I’m better than from the get-go. Things like this make me doubt that player selection is random.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@djlarryt – I only used to farm level 9 and 13 till I’d got two red chests then I’d stop for the day. I had a decent run farming but only got birds to level 6. All are now on level 7 but it’s been slow.

Nice tip about taking spell card into arena. Everyone must have dozens of blizzards spare too!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aeshna
    Problem is, a Blizzard alone won’t destroy any structures. It would just be wasted unless you had Terence, Bomb or the Blues, and it uses up two cards instead of one in fact…

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@smwforever45 true. But then since blizzards are near useless without another bird, then if you take a blizzard plus another card (ducklings) into a match it would work even better. I know I have plenty of both of those to spare….

Aeshna
    @aeshna

All I know is I completed 40 levels in a few days and used blizzard combo’s to great effect. Using the two (blizzard plus another) cards can actually save using three cards to clear the same level.

It’s all about points of view, mines changed about blizzard, maybe I’m bigging them up too much but they aren’t as useless at what I thought.

I’d agree @smwforever45 but I’ve seen a player in the arena have only 1 card left, a blizzard, they’ve used it and scored 500,000. I can’t explain that but I’ve seen it. I’ve had blizzard left as last card a few times, when it was awarded for watching video, used it and once scored 10,000 and another time 30,000. Changing a weakened stone/wood structure to ice caused it to crumble and win points.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    I’ve had the experience that it’s a LOT better to push stone structures with Duckie Duck, not ice. A stone block can easily smash those annoying micro pigs. A stone block can easily break glass, wood or other stone blocks, too. A glass block has a hard time breaking another glass block, and if micro pigs get stuck in between they usually survive and I end up having to use Bomb or Terence to clear the structure.

Blizzard + another card is a combination for later rooms. But the first few rooms can usually be cleared with one card anyway – if you want a quick clearance without using a bird I’d go for the Chilli or Duckie Duck (inflators are too rare).

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am feeling like the red-headed stepchild here, I still have no blizzard spells. I have an abundance of other spells and even a handful of the ME spells, but not one single blizzard. The only time I get a blizzard is during the game play. Even when I beat the DC and the treasure chest gives me a spell, it is one chili or a pig inflator.

Finally got all my levels up to three stars, except for that pesky 252. I am seriously wondering how I ever got through it to begin with.

On the positive side, I am in 1st place again in the arena. Had somebody zoom up the slots yesterday and take the lead away, came out of nowhere. I think it must have cost him a ton of gems. But he hasn’t scored much since then and I just keep plodding away. Just happy that I haven’t been thrown into the crowd where Carl and others like him exist.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.