I love waking up in the morning to see the community abuzz with news of a brand new release. Today is one of those days, as the Angry Birds Space Fry Me to the Moon (v1.1.0) update has landed on iOS and Android via Google Play and Amazon AppStore, with other platforms coming soon.
Update for PC: “Fry Me to the Moon” is now available in the Angry Birds Shop! If you are having difficulties with the in-app updater, you can manually update your app by going to download.angrybirds.com and clicking “Download Free Demo”.
Warning for Mac: Now available in the Mac App Store, but do not update!!! According to @sal9, the update both erased his previous progress AND won’t save new progress! Rovio was made aware of this issue, and encourage you to backup your progress and do not update until
Rovio releases a further update. Update v1.1.1 is now available and all appears to be well again.
Update for Playbook: Now available in the App World.
This update includes new levels and a bunch of bug fixes, which we’ll delve into below:
- Fry Me to the Moon includes 10 new levels in episode 3 that have the pigs orbiting around planets!
- Looks like there is one new Eggsteroid to be found
- No sign of additional Fry Me to the Moon levels down the road, but you never know.
- 20 Free Space Eagles includes in this update
- Receive one free Space Eagle for playing each day
- When you activate the Space Eagle the “Feather Meter” now shows up in the top right hand corner of the level while playing. This means you can see you destruction progress while you play!
- Centripetal Force achievement fixed (I got it on my first show in level 3-1)
- Bug fixes, with the major ones address crashes on older devices (we will try to verify what all has been fixed)
- “Coming Soon” planet updated to show a pig eating a donut, though not sure what to make of this yet. Also includes the word, “Free”.
- No new achievements in Game Center.
- In level 3-10 you get to destroy the Space Needle!
Massive List of Bug Fixes:
- 4th-gen. Crashing Fixed: Most likely the biggest issue, 4th-gen. iPod Touch users should be in the clear now!
- Bug 38 Fixed: It correctly takes around 100 birds flung out of gravitational fields to earn the “Gravitational Escape” achievement.
- Bug 39 Fixed: Users should get credit for “Where No Birds Have Gone Before” after purchasing Danger Zone.
- Bug 40 Fixed: Achievements earned offline now register correctly upon reconnect.
- Bug 41 Fixed: This has been fixed two-fold. Foremost, the score that tallies when setting a new highscore stays your highscore. Also, all scores are multiples of 10, as they should have always been. Woot!
- Bug 42 Fixed: “Feather Picker” now registers correctly upon earning 50 feathers.
- “Centripetal Force” Fixed: While it was not added to the bug list originally, it is now pretty easy to earn this achievement.
- Bug 37 Partially Fixed: “Pig Bang Score Addict” correctly registers when surpassing 1.9M points in Pig Bang. However, there are still reports that it can register if the user surpassed 1.9M in another episode.
- Bug 43 Still Active: “Menu Popper” still does not appear to work.
Some Helpful Links and Goodies
- If your stuck on a level check out the Angry Birds Space video walkthroughs.
- Like competition? Enter your scores on our Angry Birds Space leaderboard.
- A list of all the achievements found in Game Center.
- For the first time we’ve actually created some video walkthroughs that can help with some of the hard achievements.
- We have found a few bugs, so be sure to check out our bugs list to see if they affect you.
- Guide to Understanding & Using the Space Eagle in Angry Birds Space
- Complete Angry Birds Space Golden Eggsteroids Guide
- Massive Angry Birds Space Background Set
- Meet the Birds in Angry Birds Space