Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 124 total)
  • Replies
  • beaujack
    @beaujack

On a roll this morning, 5 battles, 3 objectives, just grinding for points when lo & behold, locked up again. Which banner bestows that ability.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@partshade I haven’t been keeping track, but it seems like the explosion from Vengeful either does 300, 400 or somewhere around 380. I’m not sure if it works right when you use the Wizard’s speed of light attack to take out multiple enemies because sometimes I take no damage, but that might be because I have the Sugar Rush set and things go too fast for me to notice when it’s bonus is applied.

@beaujack
    It has been mentioned many times here, but the emblems that can cause lookups are all the Protection from xxx emblems. You just have to kill the bird protecting the banner before attacking the banner or make sure that bird is dead before the round ends. Hopefully they fix this bug in 1.2.4.

Anonymous

@killerkea I know the first bird knocked out does 300. The final bird knocked out does about 603 to all. Not sure about the second bird.

beaujack
    @beaujack

@killerkea Thanks guy. My default strategy is to attack the flag almost exclusively. I will take your advice in future. I love you man. Now wondring about time zones. Oh Beaujack, shut up and play.
    …………………..
    I enjoy meeting my daily objectives, particularly if that involves some thinking. For example, no rage, no healing, use a hat I actually have, knock so-and-so x times. Then grind ’til I’m dead.

beaujack
    @beaujack

A good week in Gold league, no bad hat objectives. Moved to Platinum, a mixed blessing. Used new stuff from roll, promptly lost 1st battle. Soldiered on through attainable objecdtives, stalled on Seadog, which I did not & will not purchase. The thirteen ahead of me in the league all must have deep pockets. I’m back to my wood & silver rig. The fact that the AI is so predictable makes battles simple. AI always seems to attack my weakest bird first and continually ignore my banner.

beaujack
    @beaujack

I was going to post some snark, but thought better of it. It’s my own fault for being stubborn & cheap not buying the extra hats. Still, twoo bad hats in three days makes it challenging for skinflints like me. hohohoho

Abaresaru
    @abaresaru

I have all the hats. But thanks to lock ups. Cheaters. Emblems not working. 79-3 against on the coin toss And anything above my level 41 level 7-8 mastery birds killing two birds in one go. Means it’s just impossible to win.

Skinflinttery hardly enters into it. But when I spent 70coins on a rainbow golden pig and didn’t get a set piece I inew I had pissed the money down the drain.

I am now EPIC clean for 3 weeks and don’t miss it.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@abaresaru The update that is rolling out now addresses cheaters and broken banners.

scruffydork
    @scruffydork

Ten weeks into PVP and I have to say I’m so bored. I’m glad to see we will have an event starting soon but what I’d really love is for more cavern levels.
    Between the cheats, defective banners and everything else listed in this post, PVP has really lost my attention. I hope going forward Epic focuses on new levels and not on the PVP feature.
    I guess I just really enjoy building up my characters’ levels and mastery and getting three stars in each level.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@scruffydork As I said, the update that has just been released addresses cheaters and broken banners.

deft_bonz
    @deftbonz

@scruffydork
    Love the update from today. But as you I also wish for new levels (beside the PvP, I love it), maybe even a new isle? That’d be coooool

I don’t know but is it me or Rovio changed the way opponents in Arena are selected?

Just before the update I was able to find opponents I could beat between level 8 and 9, but after updating I am unable to find any group at all! spent already rolling for over 1 hour without luck, all are level 10 with Sets!? what the…

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Thank goodness it’s not just me. I encountered the same 10Level Selection. I stopped trying again after the 10th attempt and only got 10 Level players. I’m not sure what’s been changed to have this occur with such frequency, but I’m not a fan .

firedragon
    @mingkee27

After the update, I found the set items on banner are downgraded about 15% in HP.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@strategia55 and @p2win My level 16 team can only seem to find level 17 or 18 opponent teams, all with equal or higher mastery ranks to what my birds have.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Unfortunately, the update doesn’t stop cheating.
    Solution: force ALL users to update or no access to the tournament, and reset tournament points once the update has completed.

@mingkee27, there is always a grace period for an update. Usually this is one week before the update is forced… We will have to wait for one more week before everyone is forced to use this new version.

Let’s hope the new bugs are resolved really soon. Without a functioning cauldron this update will not be a success…

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@strategia55, I am also encountering almost nothing but level 10 birds with full sets. I’m also encountering (and rejecting) the same teams in the space of an hour or so. I’ve encountered a few of the same teams over the course of the entire season, but this afternoon I’ve seen some teams two or three times.

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

Have been encountering same teams repeatedly as well.

Also noticed AI seems to playing defensive/healing options more. Just played a battle where Druid & Rainbird on opposing team kept healing more than I could hit in each turn. That’s frustrating.

Do you have the time reset for your dailies over the limit? after the update last night I had 4 hours to get my dailies finished as per counter on the score card, I finished all those dailies before the 4 hours and battled until I lost my 3 times before the 4 hours, fine, then this morning I logged again and it says 18 hours to get my tasks reset, what!? 18 more hours that’s tomorrow! so I won’t have any tasks to do today what’s going on!? did I lose a day due to updating!????

Also, I found some battles with the enemies just only healing non stop, it was frustrating to the limit, they were just healing with 2 birds non stop and they took their banner from 10% to 100%, well I won at the end but that’s too much…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think we are all being penalized with additional wait time for the objectives. I have to wait an additional 13 hours so it will be 37 hours between resets for me this one time.

I’ve gotten birds as low as level 37 and rank 6. It doesn’t seem like I’m getting more level 41 rank 10 groups than before.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mimi27 On my secondary game (Diamond league), I continue to cycle through the same group of opponents – all 1 or 2 levels higher than me and with the same or higher mastery ranks. There are probably a dozen of these teams. I have entered into some battles and won, but the same team, which I have already defeated, re-appears as a potential opponent.

I have been able to win a couple of times because the opponent has done something stupid. Pretty much all teams I have encountered today have included a Wizard, so I include Tricksters so that I can dispel Energize – the AI seems to employ this a lot. There have been several occasions when the opponent has used this defense and I have dispelled it immediately and been able to shift the balance of the battle.

I really doubt I will be able to complete my third objective, because I can’t stray too far from my most effective bird team. There is definitely something different (wrong?) with the procedure for selecting opponent teams. Perhaps they have purged some of the earlier teams from the system, and we now have only the more recent and powerful teams.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

It’s now well known fact banners have been nerfed . But , I also noticed Computer Generated opponents banner has not been .

Anyone else notice/experience it?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Anyone else notice that they changed the time between objectives more than once? After I first updated to 1.2.4 the time between objectives was 37 hours. I’m on pacific standard time. When I looked again this morning I noticed they increased it another 4 hours so the time between objectives for me after the update is 41 hours. I assume this is supposed to be a one time fix, but I’m wondering if some people are getting one more objective reset than me because I went from 1st to 8th and I’m trailing by 13,000+ now.

burbman
    @burbman

@killerkea – I am also on the West Coast of the US, My objectives reset at 1:00pm today with the upgrade. Is that the same time you got? Others may not have upgraded the app yet, and would still be on the old schedule, and/or resetting as many times as possible before being forced to upgrade the app. This week is going to end up a giant mess in the lower leagues if you ask me.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.