Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • Replies
  • Kazoot
    @kazoot

Thanks to everyone on this forum. I was wondering if I was the only person who felt that frustrated. This morning I was so mad I almost deleted the game. I have not advanced because of the cheaters, like others. The last time I was fourth because of someone who cheated. So I am still in the stone league and have battled with Silver league players or ones who were knocked back with a decidedly unfair advantage. I have also had birds knocked out, then knocked out an enemy’s bird just to have theirs come back before mine. I have also had the enemy do the rage thing after just two turns, which makes no sense to me. So I might play the game and don’t care whether I advance or not. If I play, I’ll play to see if I can make my objectives so it is just me against the game. I will not spend any money on this game, to many problems and to many adds.

@kazoot, If you like, try joining with our experiment for an ABN league next week. If it works, you may get a fair shot at the higher leagues.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@victor I like to use the sea dog combined with another high damage bird like the bard or rogue or spies and have my Rainbird constantly heal or use his rage attack. It helps a lot if you have a sweet banner or set items. Having hocus pokus items helps too.

Abaresaru
    @abaresaru

I have got too angry. Deleted it on Monday My battery lasts now lasts 2 days.

What was the ABN league though?

@abaresaru, read up on it in the mentioned thread. It’s an experiment to test a theory which would enable us to create our own leagues within the arena.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Just stop playing Arena, unless you literally have nothing better to do.

Tman
    @tman

I’ve been stuck in Silver for weeks now. I’m finally in a group of opponents that are not cheating (yet), so I’m thinking, this is great, I can finally advance to the next league. Yeah! Then, I get the Sea Dog objective even though I don’t have that class. There goes my potential to advance. Even though the others aren’t cheating, I’m in a group of about 6 that are playing every day and nailing objectives. My only hope is that they get objectives that they can’t meet and I can finally advance.

But really frustrating when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and see it taken away from you.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Dude, Sea Dog it’s not that bad. Simply pay your money, and buy the LCs so you can finish the Arean objectives.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Yeah, that’s what I finally did. I hadn’t spent any money until I got bumped down a league for not having Seadog or Thunderbird. Working up Seadog has also given me something to do besides wait for beatable opponents in the arena.

Victor
    @victor

I’ve decided to stop playing Arena because I’ve come to believe the game is more frustrating than fun. Here’s why.

Skill and dedication are valued too little compared to random luck and the willingness to spend money. If you lose the coin toss, you are at a pretty decent disadvantage. If you lose the coin toss AND have the bad luck to draw an opponent with all level 10 classes (mine are mostly level 6, 7 and 8), it’s almost a guaranteed loss. This happens more often than you’d think when you are at level 41.

I understand Rovio wants to make money on the games they produce. But when winning equals paying money, there’s little incentive to invest cash. Winning doesn’t give you a good feeling when you haven’t mastered something but just paid for it. In fact, winning sort of feels like having cheated.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@victor, you can leave the arena and come back 15-20 minutes later for new opponents, or you can force close the game and come right back to new opponents. Check the health and properties of the banner and the weaponry/strength/health of the opponents before you decide if you want to fight.

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

Yes, I won’t even go into battles if their mastery is higher than mine. With only 3 losses allowed per day, you must truly choose your battles wisely. ;)

true, rolling for new opponents seems to be the best way, but I got really bored of it, I rolled for over 1 hour continuously and didn’t get any single one i could defeat, simple all of them were 10 or close to it with all the set items, so I am unable to win even all my daily quests after trying to choose an opponent for over 3 hours, I give up on this. By the way I am level 41 and mastery 8 with some sets but I keep loosing to coin almost certainly.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

With the last version update I thought the coin toss odds were fixed because I started to win them a little more often than I lost. But lately I have been losing the flip about 80% of the time again. I like the strategery of the arena and wouldn’t mind losing battles as long as I thought it was a fair fight.

cali_mom
    @cali_mom

I don’t know if this has already been posted or not, but there is another way to choose your opponents line up without restarting the game. go start a battle against piggy mccool. After the match starts, exit back to the arena. You will have new opponents available. Sometimes I have to do it 3 or 4 times, but eventually you get more reasonable opponents.

deft_bonz
    @deftbonz

Seen all those bugs/cheats/exploits too and a single attack from one bird killing all my birds (level 41 and mastery at 9) at once *BAM* … battle lost :(

There4IM
    @there4im

Yeah, I’m done with arena for awhile too. Lost WAY too many battles in the last three days mostly due to terrible golden pig spins, the opponent’s explosive banner, and challenges requiring less than deadly classes (Guardian). I’m done tapping the 20 coin refresh, and I’m resuming my cave exploration. But on THAT front, I’m stalled out at 13-6. <sigh> I’d love an update that widens the map and provides a slightly less discouraging experience.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I usually examine the opponent and the banner before going to battle, and I usually terminate the game when I got red on flip coin.
    Anyway, I am pretty tired after I made my way to Diamond tournament.
    I will retire from the tournament after I got the prize from the tournament, and keep training my allies to class level 10.

sheldoncooper12
    @sheldoncooper12

I made it to Silver League this week. I have yet to complete all three daily objectives. The last three days, I have gone three matches and out. Winning the coin toss makes little difference. My birds are level 8 and 9’s. I only have two set items, Titans Wrath and Paper. I don’t have Sea Dog, Bard, or Thunderbird which come up about twice a week. I will not have access to the net for the next two weeks, and since any attempt I make at this is futile, I will not be missing out. Good luck to you all.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@sheldoncooper12 You need to do a lot more spins on the GPM. You shouldn’t bother playing in the arena because you don’t have a chance unless most of your birds have set items. You don’t need matching set items, but the 3 birds you use in the arena should be wielding at least 4 set items to give you a good chance to win.

You should always use the underdog emblem until your birds get better items. The best team for you might be rainbird, captain and spies with a sweet flag. This way when you lose the toss your rainbird will die, but your underdog emblem will enhance both captain and spies by 40%. If you win the toss your captain can enhance spies 60% and your rain bird can use the speed of light attack, then you can use you rainbird to heal the next couple rounds for an easy victory.

The Wizard might be better than the rainbird since all 3 of your birds might die and your Wizard would be the first to revive and hopefully the only one. That way when he uses speed of light he gets 3 devastating attacks that do 140% damage on the first strike that will kill at least 2 enemy birds. The chain attack doesn’t get the 40% bonus, but it is still devastating.

beaujack
    @beaujack

Locked up again. The sure-fire way to cause me to lose a battle. I wonder why my posts are disappearing. No fowl (haha) language

firedragon
    @mingkee27

The best emblem for me is vengeance, and I see a lot of opponents are using it.
    Get it if possible.

Anonymous

I have Vengeful and I love it. 300 damage to all birds and banner when one of mine are knocked out. Definitely an upgrade from my Thorns.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@partshade Actually damage from Vengeful emblem increases with every knocked out bird until all of them are knocked out.

Anonymous

@abyssuss Oh really? Wow I never noticed that. I though it was just a straight 300. Thanks for letting me know.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.